Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a massive loss, but if there's a few picks coming back it can really help balance our list.
Also helps with resigning smithy
My view is you should do everything not to lose players like him and there is no promise we turn whatever picks into a list need. Things can change but at the moment it sounds like there is a fair difference in our offer vs theirs.

My view is you should do everything not to lose players like him and there is no promise we turn whatever picks into a list need. Things can change but at the moment it sounds like there is a fair difference in our offer vs theirs.
I don't want to lose him either, how will it affect the bromance. 😥
But seriously I was only responding to your info, since the Essendon offer there might be smoke to the fire about dunks leaving.
But 1 thing i do trust, if dunks leaves for a big money offer and the dogs get appropiate compensation, we have one of the best list managers to ensure continued success.

or the Western Bulldogs should start it own Netball Team and apply for a licence with Netball Australia (if they are not broke)
Maybe we take over the whole league then? I reckon Liz Watson would be a decent cross-code import for the AFLW team too, pair her up with Ellie B and they'd cause havoc.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but hearing Port have made a massive offer to Dunkley and it’s looking likely to happen.
If BF Port posters have any say in it, it will be to be captain-coach so they can jettison Hinkley!

Someone from Ch10 tried to tell me they've been trying to get Dunks onto a celebrity MasterChef season, but being an active player, even with it filmed mainly in off-season, can't see it happening.

or the Western Bulldogs should start it own Netball Team and apply for a licence with Netball Australia (if they are not broke)
I wouldn't be shocked if Dogs did that in the future
Esp with the upgrades around Whitten and the new basketball centre/rec pool

Not sure why people are even asking what players Port have in return for Dunkley should that rumour be proven true, it's basically irrelevant. It's exceedingly rare these days for clubs to swap players in a trade, even when picks are also involved. There is the odd 3 way trade for lower end players but almost never when someone of Dunkley's calibre is involved.

The only thing to be considered is what type of pick offering they could give in return.

It is rare, but happened with Port a few years back with Wingard - at the time considered a fairly significant talent - going to the Hawks and Burton coming back (I believe it was a three-way trade with Brisbane, Sam Mayes and picks involved).

That said, as others have opined I'm not sure there's much on that list that interests us. Their KPDs/interceptors would be an upgrade on any of ours except Keath, but not by enough to make it really worthwhile. Something like Clurey, their first rounder and steak knives for Dunkley might get it done but I personally can't see it for either side tbh.

Now Adelaide have some interesting young(er) but established players I'd be interested in, but they should be using all the draft picks they have as well as keeping close hold of anyone 25 and under so can't see them getting involved.

Reckon the need for a small lockdown defender is just as important. Duryea will be 32 for mosr of next year, will have been injured for large parts of all but one of our years, and a lot of the issues people have with our defence is simply by virtue of being forced to pick an attacking-minded defensive unit on form/availability.

Also, if we see Sam Darcy as more of a KPP than a ruck (likely), a third player that's a genuine first ruck is a need. Plenty of diretions we can go with the age, AFL experience etc. of that ruck.

My guess is that we pick up Kellet as our traditional VFL rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, Sullivan would be McComb 2.0, Kellet is at least playing as a defender and they've talked about his defensive work in the post game reviews.
Agreed but Lachie brings a much-needed speed to our vfl midfield
So would easily play a winger role in our afl team in a full time training enviroment

* me dead surely we’re not taking Sullivan lmao
Well it’s clear that we have an agreement to take one Footscray player each year and there’s literally no one else that stands out. Maybe Van De Heuvel on a needs basis but I don’t think he’s up to it either.

I’m surprised it hasn’t attracted us some better VFL players. An ‘agreement’ where we select one player onto the AFL list each year is fairly significant IMO.

Well it’s clear that we have an agreement to take one Footscray player each year and there’s literally no one else that stands out. Maybe Van De Heuvel on a needs basis but I don’t think he’s up to it either.

I’m surprised it hasn’t attracted us some better VFL players. An ‘agreement’ where we select one player onto the AFL list each year is fairly significant IMO.
We can’t possibly continue to take one Footscray player every year Id really be surprised if that was an actual agreement - if it is it’s a terrible one

We can’t possibly continue to take one Footscray player every year Id really be surprised if that was an actual agreement - if it is it’s a terrible one
We have the past 5 years despite there being some head scratches. We’ve picked up Gowers, Hayes, Gardner & McComb in the past 5 years. We didn’t take anyone in 2020 but had a severely compromised draft hand.

It would be devastating for Ads if Dunks left. They are virtually joined at the hip. Josh is also very close to his family, with family business interests, so a move interstate would be very odd.
Yeah I don't buy dunks leaving at all interstate. His relationship with his family and adz is a big part of him and was the reason for not wanting to go to the swans when drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back