Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Your fixation with this is bemusing.
Surely if it was material to Porter getting defamed he would have won even more convincingly.
But the reality is, he folded, quickly & without giving a yelp.

What is the accusation against Jo Dyer?
That she compiled a dossier?

Why didn't Porter sue her for defamation?

What is interesting in your fixation with all of this is that you have never raised any of these questions in relation to the leaking of Ms Miller's text messages in the Tudge affair. Isn't it the same thing? Isn't it the same thing as all the other backgrounding done by the Morrison govt?
It is.
And just another example of how your favourite fascist plays the public for fools.
And despite your continued howls of trial by media, Porter has nobody to blame but himself. The fact that he doubled down by thanking his mates in his valedictory speech just further illustrates that he still has no idea that he F'd himself.

IF you dont know the answers to your questions then you will have to wait until they come to you.

IF you dont know the answers to your questions then you will have to wait until they come to you.

If Porter doesn't know that he has nobody to blame but himself for looking like a vile grub then maybe you can clue him in.

Where ever you go, there you are.

Was that in the same book of idiotic and meaningless retorts?

Where ever you go, there you are.

Was that in the same book of idiotic and meaningless retorts?
I think what he was really trying to say is that he’s the cheapest Whore around but he just doesn’t want to be ****ed like one…it’s an old line a bloke delivered in a tense negotiation some years back but somehow it always stayed with me

I think what he was really trying to say is that he’s the cheapest Whore around but he just doesn’t want to be f’ed like one…it’s an old line a bloke delivered in a tense negotiation some years back but somehow it always stayed with me

Is Dorothy Dix the name?

Obviously has no intention of returning to politics:

I got a chuckle out of that one. 'Birds of a feather' came to mind. Someone should be able to make a joke out of it, the classic old lawyer/catfish joke might be a good base.

Q. What is the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?
A. One is a bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking scavenger and the other is a fish!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Dreyfus, has just shitcanned Porters prosecution of Bernard Collaery.
Labor getting it done.
Now send the campaigner Porter the bill for his politically motivated coverup of Howards conniving, dishonesty.

Labor getting it done.
Now send the campaigner Porter the bill for his politically motivated coverup of Howards conniving, dishonesty.
One would think Lord Downer might be changing his pants 👖

Labor getting it done.
One would think Lord Downer might be changing his pants 👖
If Labor ends up implementing a seriously powerful ICAC I can see things here getting very, very heavy.

Coz really, when you think about it, the alleged corruption of politicians like Downer, Angus Taylor, Barnaby Joyce is not the big picture.

The big picture is the near-complete colonisation of government by big corporations over the last couple of decades. They are extremely powerful, they basically own Australia, and any threat to their position will be met with the most ferocious fightback imaginable. It’ll be like a lone sheriff trying to run the mob out of town.

Not that I’m saying the government shouldn’t proceed with a strong ICAC. Pretty much the single most important item on their agenda. But gee I hope they know what they’re getting themselves into.

If Labor ends up implementing a seriously powerful ICAC I can see things here getting very, very heavy.

Coz really, when you think about it, the alleged corruption of politicians like Downer, Angus Taylor, Barnaby Joyce is not the big picture.

The big picture is the near-complete colonisation of government by big corporations over the last couple of decades. They are extremely powerful, they basically own Australia, and any threat to their position will be met with the most ferocious fightback imaginable. It’ll be like a lone sheriff trying to run the mob out of town.

Not that I’m saying the government shouldn’t proceed with a strong ICAC. Pretty much the single most important item on their agenda. But gee I hope they know what they’re getting themselves into.

Thankfully we're not at the stage of the US Congress. Should be called the US 'Corruptess'.

A decent ICAC will keep some sort of lid on it, at least.

Wait till the liberals get back in and reduce the funding to 10c in the dollar over 5 years - then as it cant affird any prosecutions, wind it up as being ineffective.

Wait till the liberals get back in and reduce the funding to 10c in the dollar over 5 years - then as it cant affird any prosecutions, wind it up as being ineffective.

This, ALP getting re-elected is 50/50 imo.

The only other problem with ICAC is it's funding will come from the Federal government, which will then investigate the Federal government.

Still very much reeks of "We've investigated ourselves and found we didn't do anything wrong".

But I have no idea how to get around that.

Interesting a very colourful identity has appointed The Christian as his silk in his HC defo appeal. Don't think The Christian has practiced law for yonks.

Interesting a very colourful identity has appointed The Christian as his silk in his HC defo appeal. Don't think The Christian has practiced law for yonks.

Would have been hard to claim he had no experience in defamation to not be the next cab off the rank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back