Autopsy Back on the winners list Swans by 53 against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
First quarter was the intent that we have been missing for most of the season dropped off a little in the second but at least managed to stop the flow of goals conceded.

Special mention to Reid effort against English should earn him some coaches votes.

Papley was immense in his effort and contested ball winning ability.

Probably our closest 4 quarter effort for the season pressure maintained was strong through the game.

Unfortunely while tonight was great it will be another season of what ifs.

Clarke absolutely took Dale out of the game.

Kudos Sam Reid.

Belted one of the comp’s best ruckmen.

And need pressure? Call Ryan Clarke.

Clarke did the business again. Dale 12 kicks and I would wager 8-10 of those were kick ins. Perfect effort. Just highlights the idiocy of the role not given to him against Hind last week.

Reid as I said in the Game Day thread, if you blanket the last 4 or 5 weeks he’s been in our best 5 players. Brilliant game.

Warner and Mills great again, and the defence great.

Great win.

Though that was the most lackluster victory song I have heard in a while :p

Chalk that down to relief methinks.

Asides...

Chad will be our most important player

Mills keeping on keeping on

Papley hopefully gets rid of the yips but was likely BOG

Reid was amazing. Looks great out there as a ruck.

Defence was so, so solid.

It really is amazing the difference a week makes

Clarke did the business again. Dale 12 kicks and I would wager 8-10 of those were kick ins. Perfect effort. Just highlights the idiocy of the role not given to him against Hind last week.

The question is do we want a tagger in the side. If we do then Clarke is the obvious choice. He is good at it and using Clarke means not potentially negating Mills by using him to tag.

Sam Reid is the Benjamin Button of the AFL. Just seems younger every year he ages.

Papley was inaccurate but was elite and back in form.

Heeney firing, a lot of lesser lights like Amartey kicking goals early was huge.

Paddy McCartin destroyed JUH.

Chad Warner has brownlow level potential with his skillset, speed, burst, hard as nails on the inside, long penetrative kick and a consistent goal scorer.

Dispatched a second rate disorganised rabble with no semblance of structure or defensive accountability like we should have.

Genius move by Longmire to select Ryan Clarke assured us of victory before the ball was bounced.

Chad Warner probably an A grader now

Blakey, Paddy pretty close too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 quarter effort

big win

goes without saying

Heeney was superb too. obviously papley, reid, blakey mills etc

buddy was very good bar accuracy

Mccartin brothers stop so much too

we didnt try to be too pretty and cute
Credit to Clarke cant fault that

I have a pretty good view from my seat. And what I noticed tonight was that Sam Reid's physicality was off the scale - a tremendous effort of tackling and putting pressure on the opposition.

Considering that Ladhams went down early, it was Brownlow vote worthy for mine.

2016 still stings does it. You lot were white hot in the first qtr and we couldn’t keep up. Love watching the mccartin brothers dominating!

Yup. Take what you felt last week vs Brissie IRT umpiring and unfairness and multiply that by about 100 due to importance of the match. Shoe on the other foot and you would be salty too.

Asides, it is a great story with Paddy

I'm anticipating a few things. Firstly, Callum Mills will be and should be very motivated to make up for a rare poor game last week. I'm expecting a big game from him after two quieter games in a row (not a bad game against St.Kilda but not to his usual level). I'm expecting to see him running side by side with Liberatore all night and to give BOG a shake.

Dogs are down on quality small defenders without Daniel and Duryea so I'm predicting a big Papley game. Papley, imo, got unfairly criticised for his last game - he won a stack of ball and was dangerous all day and just didn't finish well. He's been very active the last two weeks and looks to me to be getting back to his best. Anthony Scott played on Charile Cameron last week and got torched so I think that's a potentially very fruitful match-up for us.

Tim English returns and has played very well against us in the past. Could be a big night for Ladhams in a good or bad way.

I want Reid to stay as the 2nd ruck and Amartey to be at FF all game. I really like Amartey's competitiveness and activity. I'd be pushing Bud up the field to take Keath with him and try to get Heeney deep. I don't think the Dogs have a great match-up for Heeney. I'm expecting a good game from him.

Look, I know bigging myself up isn't a great look but I'm pumped with my pregame post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back