List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apples and oranges Clarke is more the traditional small forward will crumb at Naughtons feet, while weightman will try to sit on his head.

Awesome

Sounds like he is a no brainer then.

Him and Busslinger will really round out our list (except wing position, which I hope we can get via Sydney pick 17)

Forward line of:

Clarke Darcy Cody
Marra Lobb Naughty

Seriously capably.
Seriously top 3 in comp good

Awesome

Him and Busslinger will really round out our list (except wing position, which I hope we can get via Sydney pick 17)

Forward line of:

Clarke Darcy Cody
Marra Lobb Naughty

Seriously capably.

Little too tall at the moment, I'd have Lobb and Naughton in the key positions, JUH a bit further up the field, and Darcy mostly down back. At his best, Bailey Smith is an incredibly dangerous high half forward - see his finals series last year. He could round it out.

Awesome

Forward line of:

Clarke Darcy Cody
Marra Lobb Naughty

Seriously capably.

FF: Cody Lobb Clarke
HF: West Naughton JUH

Darcy will play as a defender.

Little too tall at the moment, I'd have Lobb and Naughton in the key positions, JUH a bit further up the field, and Darcy mostly down back. At his best, Bailey Smith is an incredibly dangerous high half forward - see his finals series last year. He could round it out.

You can see with how many tall forwards we have, and how important it is to get someone like Clark in the team.

I think Darcy will play up forward still. He is too tall/not fast enough for the backline.

Will be facinating to see how this works with Lobb now in the team as well.

Forget about the traditional 6 man team set up in forward line.

The players are hardly ever positioned like that in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like Clarke's highlights. He's quick and very smart around goals, a perfect need for our forward line. Somebody else might fall through to 24 but Clarke would be a very handy addition.

Yer he certainly has a very good highlights reel… looks very nimble on his feet.

Most importantly he looks composed with ball in hand.

I think he looks ready to be in side from round 1

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Draft picks:
11, 21, 39, 67, 75.

Contracted: 38 (one category B rookie).

List needs: Long-term key defender.

Three different types of players - midfielder Ollie Hollands, intercepting key defenderJedd Busslinger and 190-centimetre mid-forward Mattaes Phillipou - are believed to be firmly in the Western Bulldogs’ sights. Multiple clubs in the top 10 are interested in Phillipou, while Carlton, which pick right before the Dogs, are keen on Hollands. Busslinger would add to the club’s WA stocks, which already include Aaron Naughton, Tim English, Jason Johannisen, Riley Garcia and Arthur Jones. Lachie Cowan would be strongly considered if he is still available at pick 21, where the Dogs could also place a bid on Essendon father-son Alwyn Davey jnr. Other options might be Jakob Ryan - if he isn’t snapped up in the first round - or Olli Hotton. Buku Khamis and Jordon Sweet will be upgraded to the primary list.

Am I the only one who wouldn't be excited at all if we drafted Ollie Hotton? A smaller mid-forward is the last position we need.

His playing style looks very very similar to Rhylee West, plus we also have Garcia and McNeal and to lesser extent McLean.

Would rather just draft a genuine small forward at that spot.

Would be happy with Brayden George has he looks like has a lot more tricks.
I reckon Hotton would great on the wing - speed, delivery and a killer smooth pick up on the run

I reckon Hotton would great on the wing - speed, delivery and a killer smooth pick up on the run
Can play the high forward role too.
I do like he (and Binns) as alternatives to Hollands - arguably, better value and we can target one of Buss or Allen with our first pick). Binns possibly available at pick 39 so we can still pick up a wingman this draft if we go Buss & Clarke

Really like Clarke's highlights. He's quick and very smart around goals, a perfect need for our forward line. Somebody else might fall through to 24 but Clarke would be a very handy addition.
Also has that frenetic energy that *s up a defence. Much prefer him to Konstanty just based on their highlights.

GWS has looked at packaging two of its later first-round picks to move up the board, while pick No.15 (and No.19 as well) is on the trade table at the right price; they will look for a future first-rounder but have also had offers of a future second-round pick for 19.

So GWS have picks 1, 15, 18, 19 & 30 odd? I wonder how many they’re expecting to use.

I’d be pushing to see if we can get both 18 & 19 off them for a F1 and 35 (removing Brisbanes picks) - that leaves them with 1, 15, 30 to hit the draft with and 39 to probably cover their Rowston bid, couldn’t imagine them using more than 4. And gets them what they really want which is an extra F1.

I know people understandably don’t want to touch the F1 but this range of the draft is so so suited to our needs.

Imagine a haul of Buss, Cowan (or another wing option), Clarke and George at 11, 18, 19, 21

GWS has looked at packaging two of its later first-round picks to move up the board, while pick No.15 (and No.19 as well) is on the trade table at the right price; they will look for a future first-rounder but have also had offers of a future second-round pick for 19.

So GWS have picks 1, 15, 18, 19 & 30 odd? I wonder how many they’re expecting to use.

I’d be pushing to see if we can get both 18 & 19 off them for a F1 and 35 (removing Brisbanes picks) - that leaves them with 1, 15, 30 to hit the draft with and 39 to probably cover their Rowston bid, couldn’t imagine them using more than 4. And gets them what they really want which is an extra F1.

I know people understandably don’t want to touch the F1 but this range of the draft is so so suited to our needs.

Imagine a haul of Buss, Cowan (or another wing option), Clarke and George at 11, 18, 19, 21

Totally agree

We need to load up on the late first rounders this year.

Imagine if we could also land Buss, Clarke and Jones

I think we are perfectly placed to do the trade since there is both Sydney and giants with multiple late picks.

Maybe this is why we have been linked with numerous players late in the first round…

Given either of our F1s could easily be mid teens next year that would be a poor deal for GWS, they'd probably get better offers.

Article says they are looking to move up so 11&35 for 2 of 15, 18 or 19 is probably more realistic and definitely worth considering on the night, depending on who's left.

3 picks inside of 21 would give us a great look at some good talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back