Game Day Crows Internal Trial - Friday February 17th, 4:30pm, Hisense Arena

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

27 possessions to Hately!! I barely saw him...
He was ok. Covered a lot of ground and got a few clearances. A few too many blind kicks out of congestion though.

Those stats are excellent and tell me Sholl needs to be playing wing in the first team, kid knows how how to find the footy
Hmm that’s what I said when I got back from the game, instead was told how well Jones and Sloane did.

Sloane 3 kicks and 10 handballs is not what you want from a wingman.

Consider that Sholl was on the shitty team all game and that makes his game even better.

Soligos low CBA is disturbing

Hmm that’s what I said when I got back from the game, instead was told how well Jones and Sloane did.

Consider that Sholl was on the shitty team all game and that makes his game even better.

I dont want Sloane on a wing let alone on the field but those stats would be expected of how a return from injury should go

Get a feel for the ball and handball in a straight line to whats visible. Rather than twisting his lower body to move the kick forward

What about the era they brought out the "waterproof" ball - one overage school game up at Seacombe I was at a boundary throw in, the young boundary ump threw a short one in I was roving so I went to mark the throw in, it slipped straight through my hands hit me in the face and took all the skin off under my nose - my second most embarrassing football moment.
ok how old are you? I went to Seacombe too.

Soligo & Sloane should swap roles...

Sloane played way less TOG but you’re right re K to HB ratio - not suitable for wing and a worry if he plays there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go read the post again silly.
I did..

Youre exact words were;

“With Rankine coming in, and Pedlar plus Rachele playing full time I would expect McAdams opportunities to reduce.

He was the best of a pretty awful bunch (McHenry, Murphy, Rowe).”

How else is that meant to be interpreted?

You said you expect his opporunities to reduce which sounded like he’d struggle to get games…

And then you lumped him in with rowe, murphy and mchenry.. by saying he was the best of that bad bunch..

Not sure how you can now claim that thats not what you meant..

Gotta admit, the guys on the yellow team stood out generally less to me, but probably more because I was concentrating on blue the majority of the time

Explains why I can't really remember Sholl and Hately getting big numbers
It was harder to pick them up, maybe the numbering?

But I focused on some of them including Sholl and that’s why I knew he had a big game and was surprised everyone else talked up the other wingers.

If Nicks was fair dinkum about providing opportunities and not just selecting on name, Sholl should be on one wing but he’s got to fit Sloane in.

Sholl has put on some size.

Parnell was another who played well, better than Hamill.

I wasn't at the game, but watched the stream twice. I can't agree that Sholl had a good game. He got the ball, but was mostly tackled immediately. His kicking is not as good as advertised under pressure and he didn't seem to have any impact to me. I would agree that he is not avoiding contact this year, which is a good thing.

Hately also apparently had good stats, but little impact.

I wasn't at the game, but watched the stream twice. I can't agree that Sholl had a good game. He got the ball, but was mostly tackled immediately. His kicking is not as good as advertised under pressure and he didn't seem to have any impact to me. I would agree that he is not avoiding contact this year, which is a good thing.

No he wasn’t.

You must have thought all our wingers were s**t if Sholl didn’t have a good game.

Which wingers played better than him?

I did..

Youre exact words were;

“With Rankine coming in, and Pedlar plus Rachele playing full time I would expect McAdams opportunities to reduce.

He was the best of a pretty awful bunch (McHenry, Murphy, Rowe).”

How else is that meant to be interpreted?

You said you expect his opporunities to reduce which sounded like he’d struggle to get games…

And then you lumped him in with rowe, murphy and mchenry.. by saying he was the best of that bad bunch..

Not sure how you can now claim that thats not what you meant..
Everyone else seemed to be able to follow to conversation. Maybe look inward.
This was the second or third post on the topic in relation to whether McAdam will kick more than 30 goals, not be in the team.
Opportunities = chances to kick 30 goals or more.

Not that hard mate.

Gotta admit, the guys on the yellow team stood out generally less to me, but probably more because I was concentrating on blue the majority of the time

Explains why I can't really remember Sholl and Hately getting big numbers

Honestly the only thing I remember from Sholl is he went in for a bump in the first quarter to win a ground ball. Beyond that, it was a very nondescript peformance, though I don't know how much of that was Sholl playing on the non-best 22 team.

That said, it's also possible Sholl filled his boots in the half that I lost interest in.

Honestly the only thing I remember from Sholl is he went in for a bump in the first quarter to win a ground ball. Beyond that, it was a very nondescript peformance, though I don't know how much of that was Sholl playing on the non-best 22 team.

That said, it's also possible Sholl filled his boots in the half that I lost interest in.
Did you watch the second quarter? He would have had close to 10 touches

Mainly because he was playing in the yellow team? Question is, would his output have been the same if he was in the better pedigree side?

Did you watch the second quarter? He would have had close to 10 touches

The furthest I got with Sholl was registering he was a cog in some link play in the second. That said, my main thought from the second was that Taylor turned that quarter on its head in a five minute burst.

That was really what I wanted to see from team yellow with how it was set up. Players who were stepping up and making plays to reverse blues momentum (or trying too, seeing I had time for Parnell and Nankervis efforts, as much as they came unstuck), seeing how outgunned they were. It's why I was full of praise for Jones out of our wingers, because he stepped up when they came.

Last edited:
Back