Game Day Crows Internal Trial - Friday February 17th, 4:30pm, Hisense Arena

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ewwww marion 🤮😁

Back when there was about 4 schools clustered around that area.
Yep and they were all big schools Marion had around 2000 students 8-12, Daws Road, Mitchell Park, Seacombe, Blackwood -a huge number of kids in that southern block back in the day and then boom gone!

No. Get your reading comprehension skills in order before accusing others of "s**t takes", when the "s**t take" isn't even what you have imagined.
And frankly try and work on your rudeness.
Na, our comprehension is fine. You gave no context to your statement. When you say a player is going to have less opportunity of course someone will think you mean maybe not best 22.

Last edited:
Yep and they were all big schools Marion had around 2000 students 8-12, Daws Road, Mitchell Park, Seacombe, Blackwood -a huge number of kids in that southern block back in the day and then boom gone!
Dover which ended up amalgamating with Seacombe to create Seaview. Also Glengowrie, now a dog park. Also Mawson I think? There were bloody high schools everywhere in that pocket back in the day.

PS Robbie Thompson, inaugural Crows squad member, was in my year. As were a few eventual Glenelg and South players from memory. We had a pretty strong team back then.

Which of our wings on the weekend influenced the game more?
Jones>Hinge>Sloane>Sholl

Jones was speedy a defensive monster who did nice things when he had it. It didn't really show up in the footage but as someone who was there, he covered the ground miles better than anyone else, one play in particular that sticks out to me was when he was in yellow and he maked a jumping spoil, sprung up, tackled the guy who picked the ball up, then sprung up again and chased and pressured the third guy.

Hinge was less impactful overall but his kicking was lethal and he stuck some good tackles.

Sloane was about as good as he realistically could have been, while I wouldn't pick him over Hinge right now I don't think it's impossible that Sloane gets better as he gets more game time into his legs and he ends up ahead of Hinge.

Sholl hasn't really improved his game that much and still a bit of a one trick pony, even if it is a really good trick. If the oppo wingman he lines up against is even half decent defensively he may as well be an empty jumper.

Jones>Hinge>Sloane>Sholl

Jones was speedy a defensive monster who did nice things when he had it. It didn't really show up in the footage but as someone who was there, he covered the ground miles better than anyone else, one play in particular that sticks out to me was when he was in yellow and he maked a jumping spoil, sprung up, tackled the guy who picked the ball up, then sprung up again and chased and pressured the third guy.

Hinge was less impactful overall but his kicking was lethal and he stuck some good tackles.

Sloane was about as good as he realistically could have been, while I wouldn't pick him over Hinge right now I don't think it's impossible that Sloane gets better as he gets more game time into his legs and he ends up ahead of Hinge.

Sholl hasn't really improved his game that much and still a bit of a one trick pony, even if it is a really good trick. If the oppo wingman he lines up against is even half decent defensively he may as well be an empty jumper.
Go watch the first half. Jones had 3 kicks, 1 was a shot on goal that went OOF that he should have goaled and 2 other straight forward kicks missed targets. But he was good defensively.

Go watch the first half. Jones had 3 kicks, 1 was a shot on goal that went OOF that he should have goaled and 2 other straight forward kicks missed targets. But he was good defensively.
he should be doing a lot better than he is... agree he wasn't good that caused me to drop him out of the starting 22 for round 1. he would need a breakout game to get back in.

Not a big Jones fan but I did notice some good things defensively. About 28 mins into the video, he spoils a wayward kick across the backline and collides with Hinge in the air, gets up and immediately lays a tackle on Dawson (even though he still looked winded from the initial collision with Hinge), then he sprints 20m up the ground to pressure the kicker.

Which of our wings on the weekend influenced the game more?
I don't place a lot of weight on intra club matches and wing is rarely a set position. I don't think we should sacrifice a spot on the field for someone because no one else shone on the wing in the pre season.

I'd rather put Soligo there (than half forward) over Sholl and I also like Hinge for one of them.

The poor commentary contributed to players "disappearing".
Actually, do you think the commentators even knew all the names? They focussed on too few😐
You call the endless bullshit Bickley and Theo were spoting commentary? You;re way too kind.

I don't place a lot of weight on intra club matches and wing is rarely a set position. I don't think we should sacrifice a spot on the field for someone because no one else shone on the wing in the pre season.

I'd rather put Soligo there (than half forward) over Sholl and I also like Hinge for one of them.
No but out of the wingers that played on the weekend Sholl played it the best. People are still disputing that

Not a big Jones fan but I did notice some good things defensively. About 28 mins into the video, he spoils a wayward kick across the backline and collides with Hinge in the air, gets up and immediately lays a tackle on Dawson (even though he still looked winded from the initial collision with Hinge), then he sprints 20m up the ground to pressure the kicker.
Defensively was very good, but did you see the kicks I’m talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this, especially your Soligo comment.

Also agree that Sholl looks more dangerous on his left. Seems to open up play a bit more compared to his right where he just chips it.

No. Get your reading comprehension skills in order before accusing others of "s**t takes", when the "s**t take" isn't even what you have imagined.
And frankly try and work on your rudeness.
Reading and comprehension?

Your exact fxxkn words were;

“He was the best of a pretty awful bunch (McHenry, Murphy, Rowe).”

How the fxxk else is that meant to be interpreted??

Last season..

Mchenry kicked 13 goals from 20 games

Murphy kicked just 9 goals from 17 games

Rowe kicked 12 from 17 games

Shane Mcadam kicked 23 goals from just 15 games.

So mcadam kicked nearly twice as many goals as these other spuds from less games.. whilst getting more attention from the opposition who barely wouldve even cared about those other 3!

Wont be the same for the opposition with Rankine, rachele and pedlar there to worry about. Which should help free up shane.

Mcadam tackles and chases just as hard as these other “bad bunch” lads and mcadam has far more dangerous facits to his game than these other lads.

With your very own words you lumped him in with them and stated he was the best of “that bad bunch”.

Theres no other way to interpret that and, put simply, its a sh$t take.

And theres no need to get all cranky about me calling it out and saying I am somehow rude for doing so.. this is a public forum.. we all arent gonna agree.. there’s always gonna be differences of opinion.

Dont take it to heart.

Reading and comprehension?

Your exact fxxkn words were;

“He was the best of a pretty awful bunch (McHenry, Murphy, Rowe).”

How the fxxk else is that meant to be interpreted??

Last season..

Mchenry kicked 13 goals from 20 games

Murphy kicked just 9 goals from 17 games

Rowe kicked 12 from 17 games

Shane Mcadam kicked 23 goals from just 15 games.

So mcadam kicked nearly twice as many goals as these other spuds from less games.. whilst getting more attention from the opposition who barely wouldve even cared about those other 3!

Wont be the same for the opposition with Rankine, rachele and pedlar there to worry about. Which should help free up shane.

Mcadam tackles and chases just as hard as these other “bad bunch” lads and mcadam has far more dangerous facits to his game than these other lads.

With your very own words you lumped him in with them and stated he was the best of “that bad bunch”.

Theres no other way to interpret that and, put simply, its a sh$t take.

And theres no need to get all cranky about me calling it out and saying I am somehow rude for doing so.. this is a public forum.. we all arent gonna agree.. there’s always gonna be differences of opinion.

Dont take it to heart.
Jesus Christ. You got it wrong, move on.

In fairness some were saying that about Fog as well - and he did it anyway.

He just needs time to build belief in himself at this level. That could happen this year or next - but once he feels comfortable out there he has all the tools to dominate games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Elite players have a natural confidence and self belief, that’s what makes them elite

When I ready that a player needs time to build belief, especially a early first round pick, this in itself raises flags for me

TT is early days in his career however he can’t just float through games and not use his size, I don’t expect him to rip every game apart but I do expect more than what we are currently seeing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back