Game Day Crows Internal Trial - Friday February 17th, 4:30pm, Hisense Arena

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"Yep...but other than that, what else have the Romans ever done for us?"
pfj-midfield-defence-gif.1612724

You put him in Murphy's category. Or did I miscomprehend you 🤔 😜
forwards like gollant or mcadam shouldnt be lumped in with murphy, rowe or mchenry..

Only a complete imbicile would do that 😬

I was solely talking about flying for the unrealistic marks that mcadam more consistantly actually takes..

Everything else about murphy and gollants games and skills are worlds apart.

Gollant has gun potential.. murphy? Pfft!.. proven spud

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's all about demanding targets.
He took only one mark on Friday, and it was a good one. The rest of the time, the ball went through his hands. Even on the ball, his positioning and tapping was awful, and he was sloppy in his ball-on-ground skills. He did do a few good things though.

I think the main point to realise is that he needs to increase the consistency of his basic skills: they are nowhere near what they were when he first started with us. Some heavy coaching is needed, both from the ruck coach, and others.

maybe, like Jones, we're seeing the results of our heavy coaching.

I used to say the same about Fog.

I think it's more about how we structure up. Using our CHF further up the ground (which in turn allows ROB to stay a kick behind the ball), will give TT a bit more space to work in the 50.

I'd actually prefer for TT to be the high CHF long term, but I think initially it should be Tex given his experience and skill.

I like it when ROB runs hard forward to be competing for the same contested mark with TT. That's a proven winning strategy that we love repeating. Just like the brilliance that sees him 15m the defensive side of ruck contests in the forward 50 that Tex or TT takes. Another brilliant strategy that never bears fruit, but is repeated often.

I like it when ROB runs hard forward to be competing for the same contested mark with TT. That's a proven winning strategy that we love repeating. Just like the brilliance that sees him 15m the defensive side of ruck contests in the forward 50 that Tex or TT takes. Another brilliant strategy that never bears fruit, but is repeated often.
Ouch....but so true

According to my eyesight - no way in hell this is true.

According to footywire:

Bont - 193cm, 93kg
Gollant - 192cm, 83kg

According to Club websites:

Bont - 193cm, 93kg
Gollant - 192cm, 85kg
Well, look at it this way: Bont was was 191/83 when he started, so at this stage of his career, Gollant is very comparable physically.
I guess he will add more weight and muscle in the next few years.
The point I was making is that it might be an idea to try him as a mid in SANFL to see what happens.

Well, look at it this way: Bont was was 191/83 when he started, so at this stage of his career, Gollant is very comparable physically.
I guess he will add more weight and muscle in the next few years.
The point I was making is that it might be an idea to try him as a mid in SANFL to see what happens.

Huh?

You're putting way too much stock into purely height and weight.

Bont v Gollant is the perfect example that you can be similar on paper yet completely different physically. And it should be obvious from those metrics alone it's not enough to compare/judge a player physically. This board has a lot of trouble wrapping their heads around this.

Re-watched the game last night. Have to admit, I didn't have Jones in my recent best 22. But he played a good, well rounded game with no errors. Flashed some speed and seemed to be kicking confidently.

I think he's still a bubble player for round 1, but he certainly put his magnet on the board.

Re-watched the game last night. Have to admit, I didn't have Jones in my recent best 22. But he played a good, well rounded game with no errors. Flashed some speed and seemed to be kicking confidently.

I think he's still a bubble player for round 1, but he certainly put his magnet on the board.
No errors? Watch the first half again

First qtr he wasn't very good. Missed some kicks.

Exactly. With our forward line, we should be exposing TT as much as possible up there this year. Tex and Fog will get the best 2 defenders, which give TT a chance to work it out.

This is a hell of a forward line....

McAdam Fogarty Rankine
Thilthorpe Tex Rachele
That forward line is going to make life easier for Rachele to make an impact. The 2nd or 3rd small /medium defender is going to be easier for him to handle than the first.

Back