Game Day Crows Internal Trial - Friday February 17th, 4:30pm, Hisense Arena

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to agree

I thought he made some pretty honest comments about players like Crouch, Ned, Newchurch, Harry, and Jones

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also TT. I guess I'm more interested in critical comments, rather than boring descriptions of the play that one can see for oneself. ;)
(The latter is fine for radio, of course.)

Primarily, my point is its meaningless to measure a list by how many 1st rnd players you have or how many games 1st rd players have played etc. It may help having more early picks, but it's not the be all and end all, every draft pick is a lottery, and it's not the only way you add players to a list.
Malcolm Blight used to say all stats and measures in footy are pointless except one, and that's the one the scoreboard measures. I tend to agree it's as simple as that.

One of my coaches had a great philosophy, get the ball and put it between those two big sticks. It generally wins matches.

Can't see McAdam kicking more than 30, happy to be wrong.
We need him, Thilthorpe and Rachele to go from promising to delivering.

He is a POD in our forward line and his unpredictability makes opposition teams feel uneasy.

Wow!!
I didn't realise Jesus was a poster here on the Adelaide boards. I'll watch my language in future...😜😜

P.s. which user name does he use? He might be handy deep in the fourth in a tight one.
He's not bad at converting when all is going well, so you could play him forward.

But he's the type that goes missing when we're getting crucified. So not sure you want to play him in the big games.

And he's in the best 22. Agree it's better to have 6 AFL standard forwards than 5, and this will likely create goals for the others.

Does he kick more than 30 goals? Time will tell.

Lets hope he can stay on the park.

Great coach. Blokes aren't the brightest. You need to simplify it 😀
Which I think has been lost in
''run your lines''
'' sit 12m off the back and wait for the intercept handball''
' make sure you are north side of the western setting sun as your vision isnt impacted by the time of day'

It should be as easy as
' be where the ball is or where you think the ball is going' ie dont get caught in the middle
' if in doubt kick it forward '
'handball to someone moving not a statue'
' white sticks happy Nicks '

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which I think has been lost in
''run your lines''
'' sit 12m off the back and wait for the intercept handball''
' make sure you are north side of the western setting sun as your vision isnt impacted by the time of day'

It should be as easy as
' be where the ball is or where you think the ball is going' ie dont get caught in the middle
' if in doubt kick it forward '
'handball to someone moving not a statue'
' white sticks happy Nicks '

Good call GC. Football basics 101. Don't overcomplicate it. These blokes aren't looking to join NASA even though McAdam tries to reach the sun.

Good call GC. Football basics 101. Don't overcomplicate it. These blokes aren't looking to join NASA even though McAdam tries to reach the sun.
The difference with mcadam is he actually pulls a lot of those screamers down..

Unlike say.. murphy or Gollant.. who instead unrealistically fly and give away frees or laughable try and fly up an over 2m high defenders.. looking at you Murph.

Players that can run from way back off the pack and fly across packs, take grabs,and are unpredictable like that, scare opposition coaches cause they are hard to stop.

You have to try and have your defenders “check” their run.. but that risks them giving away frees.

Mcadam is a valuable part of our forward line set up..

And he's in the best 22. Agree it's better to have 6 AFL standard forwards than 5, and this will likely create goals for the others.

Does he kick more than 30 goals? Time will tell.
I would say a good 15% of McAdam's career goals have been handed to him by Tex who could have gotten the goal but wanted to get him into the game, I would love a stat on how many times Walker was the assist on a McAdam goal

I would say a good 15% of McAdam's career goals have been handed to him by Tex who could have gotten the goal but wanted to get him into the game, I would love a stat on how many times Walker was the assist on a McAdam goal
Thats not a bad thing though..

As it shows mcadam reads the play and knows where to position himself to recieve said handoffs from Tex..

The difference with mcadam is he actually pulls a lot of those screamers down..

Unlike say.. murphy or Gollant.. who instead unrealistically fly and give away frees or laughable try and fly up an over 2m high defenders.. looking at you Murph.

Players that can run from way back off the pack and fly across packs, take grabs,and are unpredictable like that, scare opposition coaches cause they are hard to stop.

You have to try and have your defenders “check” their run.. but that risks them giving away frees.

Mcadam is a valuable part of our forward line set up..
Gollant? Average call.

I love how gollant hits packs..

But his timing and the amount of times he actually marks it is fr less than mcadam.

Love both of them as players though..

Gollant definitely aint short of courage!
Gollant definitely wasn't brought into the club as a prospective FF. Why don't we try him as our big-bodied midfielder?

Back