Prediction Round 5, 2023: Changes vs Geelong (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett is the exact type of nippy player we need to be playing against the old Geelong legs.

But nah, let's play him out of position against the Demons then drop him the week after.

Really poor management of a young player from Simpson.

TBH he played as sub the week before and then played out of position at AFL level last week. He needs midfield minutes in the WAFL to develop. He would have learnt a lot about the physical and mental requirements last week as well as the exhaustion at AFL intensity having come on early as the sub with very limited rotations and then a really hard game against a top side.

TBH he played as sub the week before and then played out of position at AFL level last week. He needs midfield minutes in the WAFL to develop. He would have learnt a lot about the physical and mental requirements last week as well as the exhaustion at AFL intensity having come on early as the sub with very limited rotations and then a really hard game against a top side.
Here's an out of the box idea.

Play him off a wing with spurts on ball in the big league.

He looked great in there in the last quarter against Melbourne.

I question the value of Beagles minutes tbh.

Is what it is. Expecting a mauling but no melting from me.

Was hoping trew gets a starting position to show what he's got.

Anyway....

There was a serious meeting at Eagles HQ this morning. "We thought we had pick 1 in the bag but hawthorn has F us over. F them, we'll double down and show them".

Why are they playing all these games in Adelaide between non - SA teams? What is the rationale behind that? And why would the teams giving up home games agree to this? Did the SA government throw a load of money at the AFL in the tourism budget or something? And how will they sell tickets. Even Port can't sell out AO. Always loads of empty seats there for their games. So how will they sell tickets for non - SA games? They must be giving away loads or tickets or selling them for peanuts.

IMG_0179.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We aren’t tanking 😆 We won’t need any assistance losing games.

Will look forward to the full changes. Good Management of Hurn. Not too disappointed to see Hewett get a run in the WAFL, it won’t be too long before he is back. If O’Neill gets a chance, ball is in his court. Times running out. Hopefully Petch is in also 👍

Dropping Hewett after hiding him up forward is a bit lame.

No worse than Chesser when he played
Hardly any CBA’s and it all came when the game was done and dusted. Hewett’s cocky type operator so I’m hoping he goes back to the 2’s with a bit of fire in his belly and dominates

Hewitt is a cocky/confident campaigner who is clearly not fit enough to run out a game or ready at the level.

I like throwing him in, making him realise he's not as good as he thinks he is - and then letting him build some confidence based on output in the WAFL.

And please, zero chance this kid could run out a league game on the wing/in the middle.

Ok who died at training today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t understand why we insist on playing silly buggers like this. Geelong would have put zero time into preparing for whether Tom Cole would be in the 22, and we’re probably $25 outsiders for this game anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of dropping Hewett thats a WTF move.

Bench for me should be Petch Hough Culley Edwards with Trew or West ad the sub.

This 'Hewett is cocky' line seems little more than groupthink based on preconceived reputations.

Has presented himself excellently both pre and post-draft in my opinion.

lol, he is - I knew his friends as young-ins, grew up in the area. And he literally said before his first game to Allen that he was feeling comfortable and ready at the level.

And that's a good thing, confidence is key, just needs to be managed appropriately.

lol, he is - I knew his friends as young-ins, grew up in the area. And he literally said before his first game to Allen that he was feeling comfortable and ready at the level.

And that's a good thing, confidence is key, just needs to be managed appropriately.
That doesn't scream cocky to me.

I don’t understand why we insist on playing silly buggers like this. Geelong would have put zero time into preparing for whether Tom Cole would be in the 22, and we’re probably $25 outsiders for this game anyway.
yep never understood why teams keep stuff quiet.

Especially where a crap team plays a good team.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hewett is the exact type of nippy player we need to be playing against the old Geelong legs.

But nah, let's play him out of position against the Demons then drop him the week after.

Really poor management of a young player from Simpson.
Are you really surprised - Simmo’s development of the younger players leaves a lot to be desired which is why we are where we are today imo.

Are you really surprised - Simmo’s development of the younger players leaves a lot to be desired which is why we are where we are today imo.
We definitely have developmental issues.

The development pathways that deliver "draftable kids" are not so erratic as to deliver the woeful strike rate we have had since 2011 without some measure of fault laying at WC door.

Hurn resting and Hewitt to the WAFL for a couple of weeks aren't bad moves.

Hewitt is 18, no rush.

Witho for Hurn
Rotham for Cole
Petruccelle for Hewitt

Trew or XON as sub, would prefer Trew

Exactly not going to develop with playing limited minutes in the AFL/VFL Eagles are lucky to have two first year players actually contributing so well in Long and Ruben

We definitely have developmental issues.

The development pathways that deliver "draftable kids" are not so erratic as to deliver the woeful strike rate we have had since 2011 without some measure of fault laying at WC door.
This is why I’m not convinced that backing in Simmo is merely a matter of waiting for a clean bill of health so that a new gamplan can be implemented. Been far too many draftees over the last decade who have failed to have any impact

Why are they playing all these games in Adelaide between non - SA teams? What is the rationale behind that? And why would the teams giving up home games agree to this? Did the SA government throw a load of money at the AFL in the tourism budget or something? And how will they sell tickets. Even Port can't sell out AO. Always loads of empty seats there for their games. So how will they sell tickets for non - SA games? They must be giving away loads or tickets or selling them for peanuts.

Surprised you hadn't heard of this. Surely it was discussed on Tucker Carlson's show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back