Prediction Round 5, 2023: Changes vs Geelong (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of one week in, one week out, but we all knew the heavy selection of midfielders wasn’t good for balance.

Out: Clark
In: Petch

Edwards worth another look. West did as much as they’d have expected I’m sure.

Rotham worth a look too if there’s a way.

Not a fan of one week in, one week out, but we all knew the heavy selection of midfielders wasn’t good for balance.

Out: Clark
In: Petch

Edwards worth another look. West did as much as they’d have expected I’m sure.

Rotham worth a look too if there’s a way.
Echo this. Barring this, that was the only real change needed which is an odd statement to make when the other mob doubled our score.

We’re a work in progress. We got done over in the second half.

I’d like Darling to go practise his set shots - they’ve been awful

Yeo to midfield

Out Clark, West, Waterman
In Winder, Petruccelle, Barnett

We gonna stink, may as well bring Barnett in now to play fwd and pinch hit in the ruck. Nic Nat is done. This move is only going to favour the kid in the years to come. Get him confidence clunking the ball up fwd and bagging goals.

Full rebuild gaiz..Sheed, Old man Gaff, West, Edwards & Clark are no better than Rowan Jones. They are all Solid WAFL players. We not going anywhere with them and i beg to question if they will add anything to the young blokes. We are in a real pickle. Who the fook is going to help Ginbey, Culley & Hewett when our prime A grade Mids are all Roasted like Boots & Yeo. Gaff couldn't teach what he dont know how to do himself.

Last edited:
Echo this. Barring this, that was the only real change needed which is an odd statement to make when the other mob doubled our score.

We’re a work in progress. We got done over in the second half.

I’d like Darling to go practise his set shots - they’ve been awful

Darling had a back complaint before half time last week. TBH I thought he would play poorly today and not surprised to see a player not fully fit missing shots.

In regards to outs and ins
Out: Clark, West, Cole, Hough
In: Rotham, Petch, Foley, Sheed

Thought Foley was really good in the WAFL preseason matches and deserves a shot and think Hough is still a touch off full fitness. Rotham plays small, as it stands don't see anything cole is doing that Rotham can't defensively. Rotham hopefully if given the shot is also much more useful than Cole offensively with his kicking.

Guys tried their guts out but although i'd called for West to be brought into the side it's plain as day that both himself and Clark just aren't up to the level for the roles they are given. Happy to give the other kids another week before rotation. I still think Bazzo is 1 more WAFL game away.

I haven't had an ask and not sure if i'll get an answer in regards to how sheeds neck is but hopefully it was just a 1 week injury and you would think an ankle injury earlier on this week is going to keep Edwards out at least next week as well.

Lastly I'd love to see whether Clayton ******* Oliver is a good player or just a hack if all his throws actually got called. The 30 metre scoop over his head not getting called was mind boggling.

OUT:
  • West and Clark (Too many mids, leaves us unbalanced in the forward line)
  • Hough (Could be sub, but sadly wasn't up to it today)

IN:
  • Petch (We badly need pace in the forward line)
  • Sheed (Yeah, yeah "Credits in the Bank" but besides TK and Gaff we don't have any senior mids with the outs I named)
  • Bazzo/Hedwards (We can't combat Hawkins and Cameron with TB alone)

Rotham to sub again.

Defenders: Duggan, Cole, Barrass, Hurn, Jones, Yeo, Bazzo/Hedwards (7)
Midfielders: Kelly, Ginbey, Culley, Hewett, Gaff, Hunt, Ledwards, Sheed (8)
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Long, Petch, Waterman (6)
Rucks: Williams (1)
Sub: Rotham

Round 5 upcoming and we are already irrelevant. yes we've had our share of bad luck but it's so damn frustrating. Calls to give Gov & Cripps two year deals almost feels like they are rubbing it in.

Anyway against Geelong, we will see how they go tomorrow if they can smash Hawthorn I'd say we in for another flogging as well next week.

I wouldn't change too much, Rotham deserves a full game. Tanks are out just roll along until seasons end, get games into kids, drop the oldies off at some point & a top pick will await us at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep Hewett, Culley & Hough in.
We aren't winning vs Geelong anyway, what will another week in the WAFL do for them as opposed to AFL exposure?
Probably bring Burgiel in a few weeks time.
No need for Barnett for now unless Williams goes down. Let him develop in the WAFL for the year.

Last edited:
No point making real changes.

Keep the younger players in and tell them their spot is safe for a month. We aren't going to see the winners list (barring a miracle) until the Suns or Hawks game.

It will tell us a lot about who is capable at AFL level.
But I thought you'd already decided that "very few of our recent draftees look like making it"

But I thought you'd already decided that "very few of our recent draftees look like making it"
I don't THINK they will. And as you quoted... "look like". But the club obviously sees it differently and the current circumstances leave us with very little choices so the best decision right now is to really put it to the test. And if one of the Culleys, Houghs, and Clarks on the list puts together a good stretch and goes on to make it I'll happily admit I was wrong as it will mean the club is in a better spot.

But nice to know I've gotten so far under your skin in are following me around land unable to even hold a discussion and trying to troll like a 5 year old.

Got to keep Clark in IMO. The guy deserves a proper run at it, while fit, despite underwhelming a bit tonight. Potential return is higher than West.

Given how we used them, Petch for Westy seems sound

Cole will get more rope. He's missed a lot of footy and the cupboard is pretty bare.

Yeo will likely be a management sub again if the game permits so I think Roth gets the vest again - not ideal.

We don't really have the personnel to do too much. Just have to hope the boys can keep digging in and we find some better touch.

On today’s showing I’m prepared to draw a line through both West and Clark. As many have said very good WAFL players at best.

Both out next week for mine.

Shuffle the Titanic deck chairs as to who comes in. Maybe Petruccelle and Trew based on WAFL form yesterday.

Going to be a long season unfortunately.

I’m really not that upset of where we at.

Long and Ginbey look the business. BBBBBW is actually showing some real promise despite being toweled up and playing injured
All in all, we know we’ve got some not quite AFL standard players but they’re doing a job during a rebuild

All is not lost

+Gaff impressed me also.

I don't THINK they will. And as you quoted... "look like". But the club obviously sees it differently and the current circumstances leave us with very little choices so the best decision right now is to really put it to the test. And if one of the Culleys, Houghs, and Clarks on the list puts together a good stretch and goes on to make it I'll happily admit I was wrong as it will mean the club is in a better spot.

But nice to know I've gotten so far under your skin in are following me around land unable to even hold a discussion and trying to troll like a 5 year old.
I responded to your one post addressing me in the game thread, dunno what you mean about not wanting to hold a discussion.
Unless you mean not responding to your childish pm that you sent me.
And I'm not trolling, just repeated your own words back to you.

Surprised to see West in everyone's outs, I thought he was decent playing an unfamiliar role.

Out: Clark, Hewett (to sub)
In: Rotham (from sub), Petruccelle

Backs: Barrass, Rotham, Yeo, Hurn, Duggan, Cole, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Ginbey, Culley/Edwards, Gaff, Hunt, Hough
Rucks: Williams, Waterman
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Long, West, Petruccelle, Edwards/Culley
Sub: Hewett
Emergencies: Clark (travelling), Bazzo, Trew

Rotham into the 22 to help out against Geelong's tall forwards, Hough (or Cole?) to push up the ground. Clark comes out if they're not going to use him as an inside mid.

Petruccelle to come in as an actual forward to play forward, Hewett to go back to sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back