Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Billings comes in this week since he only played 3 quarters at Sandy.

But once he gets enough minutes into him, he should come back in because he is a better player than the Byrnes/Phillipou/Windhager's types right now.
Is that like when you told us Battle can’t play back
Sincs isn’t a midfielder Clark can’t play mid

do you think Zac and Billings can replace his running ?

being the obvious replacements ?

No one is replacing Ronnie, he’s a lock in the RTB plan.

JB will come in for Mattaes if he needs a spell.

Zac is a long way back. Maybe as sub if they decide Windy needs game time at Sandy but that won’t be for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt very much if I got many disagree!!

Zac Dawson was massively under rated.

Most people mindlessly bagged him bc he looked like Harpo Marx & got absolutely pasted a few times when he was at Hawthorn (not too mention him being very correctly chosen ahead of a fan favourite in a GF)

So footy is based on the past and not the present for you? 😂

I mean Enright Harvey Hayes & Goddard are walk up starts on field if that’s the case.
Didn’t Billing’s get dropped to Sandy last year?

So footy is based on the past and not the present for you? 😂

I mean Enright Harvey Hayes & Goddard are walk up starts on field if that’s the case.
Yes, past form and output is relevant when discussing a player returning from injury and who they could replace in the best 22.

That shouldn't be that hard to fathom.

Zac Dawson was massively under rated.

Most people mindlessly bagged him bc he looked like Harpo Marx & got absolutely pasted a few times when he was at Hawthorn (not too mention him being very correctly chosen ahead of a fan favourite in a GF)

Didn't make himself popular pushing favourite son Hudgeton out either.

Yes, past form and output is relevant when discussing a player returning from injury and who they could replace in the best 22.

That shouldn't be that hard to fathom.
It’s completely irrelevant when there is no credit in the bank under Ross.

Whatever you think Billings has achieved under Richo & Ratten means heck all.

Which is how it should be.

Now that shouldn’t be too hard to fathom.

And just to make something clear.
Billings hasn’t achieved anything. Never placed in our BnF, Never been an A/A.

Infact his best bnf finish was our laughable 2019 season and he finished 4th in the BnF.

Not even his coaches have rated his career to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Dixon available for this game or what??

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Charlie Dixon Knee Test
Orazio Fantasia Quad 3-4 weeks
Kane Farrell Jaw 2-3 weeks
Mitch Georgiades Knee Season
Tom Jonas Suspension Round 8
Todd Marshall Concussion 1 week

Updated: April 25, 2023

Early prognosis

After a good recent run with injury, it was a terrible weekend for Port with Georgiades to miss the season and scans confirming Farrell played out the win over the Eagles with a broken cheekbone. The club is optimistic Dixon will be available to face St Kilda, providing he gets through main training on Wednesday. – Michael Whiting

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever you think Billings has achieved under Richo & Ratten means * all.

Infact his best bnf finish was our laughable 2019 season and he finished 4th in the BnF.

I still hope he does work his way in at some point and reaches his ceiling. As it stands now Billings will have been a massive under achiever for his talent levels.

Max was injured for a fair bit of 09.

We all loves him but his body was giving up on him.

And Zac didn’t push Max out, RTB did

I don't think fans saw it that way.

I still hope he does work his way in at some point and reaches his ceiling. As it stands now Billings will have been a massive under achiever for his talent levels.
And if he is to achieve something from here.

It will need to be through hard work and consistency of impact across multiple games.

He shouldn’t be an automatic inclusion

Charlie Dixon Knee Test
Orazio Fantasia Quad 3-4 weeks
Kane Farrell Jaw 2-3 weeks
Mitch Georgiades Knee Season
Tom Jonas Suspension Round 8
Todd Marshall Concussion 1 week

Updated: April 25, 2023

Early prognosis

After a good recent run with injury, it was a terrible weekend for Port with Georgiades to miss the season and scans confirming Farrell played out the win over the Eagles with a broken cheekbone. The club is optimistic Dixon will be available to face St Kilda, providing he gets through main training on Wednesday. – Michael Whiting

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's in the bag

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

for years we have wanted good kids and complained about not playing the ones we had

we are winning have kids playing and playing well and now we want to rest them
Honestly baffles me that some are petitioning for guys that are in their first few years to be rested after 6 games lmao.

Did we just gloss over the point I made the other day that Ross gives the group 2 days off after each game, something most of the league doesn't do, and the fact that he preserves players like Ro who plays one of the more physical roles.

I mean honestly, talk about getting ahead of ourselves. Put the best and fittest side on the park each week and handle the challenges as they come. It's borderline arrogance to suggest we can just rest players who are playing well. Yep we'll just roll over the top of Port and whoever else we come up against no worries. 6 games and we're the best side on the planet. Crazy hahaha

Whatever you think Billings has achieved under Richo & Ratten means * all.

So Max King starts at Sandy because nothing before rd1 this year matter when discussing players?

Football doesn't work that way. Ross has even mentioned when making selections in rd2 that he leans towards experience so sounds like he has at least checked what players have been capable of throughout their careers.

Billings has gone to Sandy and played well above that level. He will likely need another game there. But once he is declared fit enough, what he has shown at AFL level previously is relevant when looking at whose position he could take in the side and which players he can be an improvement on.

Just a shame he’s played his entire career under less than inspiring coaches.
He would have flourished under Ross - and hopefully still will.

Terrible timing for him.

You forgot the part about how we've been regular season stars many times, and then proceeded to fall over when it counts in September.

Plus you also forgot the part where our gameplan literally revolves around us running ourselves and our opposition into the ground.

In that context, calling for one guy who has just turned 18 to maybe have a week off is hardly us being unreasonable.
Mattaes is being looked after with his training loads..there’s no sign of him feeling the pinch to this point.

So Max King starts at Sandy because nothing before rd1 this year matter when discussing players?

Football doesn't work that way. Ross has even mentioned when making selections in rd2 that he leans towards experience so sounds like he has at least checked what players have been capable of throughout their careers.

Billings has gone to Sandy and played well above that level. He will likely need another game there. But once he is declared fit enough, what he has shown at AFL level previously is relevant when looking at whose position he could take in the side and which players he can be an improvement on.
I’ve clearly said and listed why King would be an exception to the rule.

You don’t send your Unicorns to play with park footballers.

At the start of the year our injury list was this massive headache, we had around 8 of the ‘best 22’ missing.

After 6 games the kids are performing at such a level that a few of those best 22 have had a status change - reality now is we’ve only been without 3 definite best 22 in King, Membrey and Steele when he went down.

I’m keen to see what Billings can do in the team under RTB, but more keen for the club to stick with the selection integrity that seems to be a prime motivator right now. Billings will get his chance through injury or suspension and then the spot is his to keep if he does well, until then he needs to show good VFL form and training standards.

Last edited:
I dont think Billings comes in this week since he only played 3 quarters at Sandy.

But once he gets enough minutes into him, he should come back in because he is a better player than the Byrnes/Phillipou/Windhager's types right now.
I don’t know about that. Billings has averaged about 18 touches and 0.7 goals a game the last three seasons not withstanding the shortened game time in covid.

In all honesty he hasn’t been a mid-high level performer for the team for four seasons. His latest contract reflects his standing amongst his peers.

I do however hope that he can return to his 2019 form. But he will need to reinvent himself because he has become a bit of a nothing player the past few years. We are all hoping he thrives in a RTB system but it’s not a given. I reckon those three you mentioned have a specific role in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back