Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max king a few weeks away

That’s why I think there‘s a lot of upside for JB. Have a look at Mason Wood. Playing career best footy at 30.

There are genuine parallels. North fans were at the same point with Wood. He was always labelled a tease.

I think it will take time but going to that Essendon match was like the old days where atmosphere beat anything that you could get from TV. Footy crowds pumping are an amazing experience. It takes a high standard of performance to provide the product to bring them though. Saints fans are still a little bit nervous about getting loud at the moment. It feels like it's trickling back. A strong cheer squad proving some noise would help though. Even GC had a guy with a drum thumping all game. Perhaps we need to hire a pro cheer squad leader who brings some extra energy.
Would a wizened old man work?
I could be the Ian Anderson to your Martin Barre?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, Ian Anderson is the guy with the flute. Apparently he used to sit next to my old man in school. My old man claims he was always a fruit loop and used to go to school wearing a tea cosy on his head.......
I've seen film clips of Jethro Tull, that seems to fit.

I think it will take time but going to that Essendon match was like the old days where atmosphere beat anything that you could get from TV. Footy crowds pumping are an amazing experience. It takes a high standard of performance to provide the product to bring them though. Saints fans are still a little bit nervous about getting loud at the moment. It feels like it's trickling back. A strong cheer squad proving some noise would help though. Even GC had a guy with a drum thumping all game. Perhaps we need to hire a pro cheer squad leader who brings some extra energy.
We could hire a librarian and they’d be louder.

I know we were 5-1 this time last year though I think it is interesting comparing results against the same opposition as we have been embarrassed by Essendon and the Bulldogs the previous seasons.
Here's hoping the trend continues against Port which is a bit of a danger game.

FremantleW +15L -41W +58
BulldogsW +51L -28L -111
EssendonW +18L -35L -75
Gold CoastW +53W +26W +9
CollingwoodL -6L -17W +9
CarltonW +22W +15L -31
Port AdelaideL -1L -13

Port with a few injuries still presents as a danger game. They've had our measure for a number of years now, best not to be getting too far ahead of ourselves. We don't have to look back very far to see how a winning start can quickly turn to sh*t. I'd say we've all been keeping the lid on to some degree because of last year's 5-1 start BUT to beat a longtime bogey side to go 6-1 with upcoming games against lower ranked teams and Max King a few weeks away, well now that would have that lid rattling and extremely difficult to keep on tightly.

Could easily see no changes for this week.

Wouldn't mind Ashcroft in our midfield

Who wouldn't? I wouldn't swap Owens for him though, Ashcroft will be a good midfielder but he doesn't have the versatility and X factor Owens does.

I will be very interested to see how we come out against port after deliberately taking our foot off the gas in the last qtr against the blues.

That would have been a big no-no 'flirting with form'/picking and choosing effort that Ross 1.0 wouldn't have had a bar of.
He used to instruct them to pile on the pain when we were all over an opposition.

Not saying it was the wrong thing to do btw- just commenting that Ross 1.0 and cuddly Ross certainly differ in opinion sometimes.

If we come out lethargic and not switched on this week, I suspect the no mercy Ross 1.0 method could be taken up by cuddly Ross for the rest of the year.

I was disappointed we didn't pile on more goals against Carlton in the last quarter but in the end it didn't matter as we prevented them from scoring more goals than us so the margin stayed the same. We won't have that luxury against better scoring teams like Geelong and Collingwood though.

That should not be the question.
Rather it should be: is that the guitarist with the god awful Friar Tuck hair?
Martin Barre, worst hair on a lead guitarist ever.
Google him.

Looks like Ed Sherin's creepy uncle that thinks he's a wizard druid. A friend loves Prog rock and got us free tickets to Yes about 10 years ago It was an experience. More old guys dressed like gypsy peasant women with bald-patches shining through long grey pony-tails than anywhere else on earth at that moment. It was like Spinal Tapp on acid.

Who wouldn't? I wouldn't swap Owens for him though, Ashcroft will be a good midfielder but he doesn't have the versatility and X factor Owens does.

I was disappointed we didn't pile on more goals against Carlton in the last quarter but in the end it didn't matter as we prevented them from scoring more goals than us so the margin stayed the same. We won't have that luxury against better scoring teams like Geelong and Collingwood though.
But we weren't playing against better scoring teams, we were playing the Bloos, and we had a 5-day turn-around coming up.......

Ross pretty much came out and said this was planned to shut shop.

That we could have gone after the game and scored more if we needed/wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back