Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking more about how we can be so bad, we seriously ****ed pre season up

We aren't fit enough, look at all these teams just surging the ball, you can't do that unless you are fit

I think we need to completely overhaul our pre season program next year, its too late this year
They should be building towards the end of the season while the other teams tire.
Watch us get going plus come up with a game plan mid season. We will be unstoppable..

That's my optimistic spin..

Essendon, St. Kilda and Adelaide looking like pushing and or playing finals whilst we will be fighting to stay out off the bottom of the ladder. What is going on behind the doors of Fremantle.
Maybe it's as simple as them missing the massive and magic Mundy aura, the glue that made them feel like a team. it's hard to nail just one thing. The turn around from last season defies logic.

After the first game, I thought it was an anomaly that every line should be playing so badly all at the same time, but you can only have so many anomalies happening before a pattern emerges and it's no longer an anomaly. :) The pattern that has emerged, for whatever reason, is we could be playing with the newest and shiniest of AFL teams. The way things are going.

Management backed themselves into a corner with Jackson by savin da money for ljs big money offer. Losing Logue and Acres in the whole shamozzle.
They would have felt pressure to get their man after the mini route we had.
Logue and Acres were best 22, they replaced them with JOM (FAIL) Wagner (FAIL) and then we continue to play the likes of Hughes & Banfield.
NOD, Erasmus, Johnson, Henry are our future, I would prefer to play them every week and loose, there is no future in playing the others. The money they are paying for JOM over 4years would more than cover what Logue & Acres were asking for. BTW Jackson will be a star for the club and I believe money well spent.

It only works if the guys down the line mark it, which often the case they don't. Darcy and Jackson seem to get beaten often. Also when it goes to ground the crumbers get beaten with the ground ball
Teams are getting around 10-20 contested marks a game... Not sure anyone has gone higher this year

We almost need that from kick outs alone to be competitive. Anyone see a problem?

Logue and Acres were best 22, they replaced them with JOM (FAIL) Wagner (FAIL) and then we continue to play the likes of Hughes & Banfield.
NOD, Erasmus, Johnson, Henry are our future, I would prefer to play them every week and loose, there is no future in playing the others. The money they are paying for JOM over 4years would more than cover what Logue & Acres were asking for. BTW Jackson will be a star for the club and I believe money well spent.
If he could mark half of the ones he gets his hands to he would be a star already.

Nod , Erasmus and Johnson Yep . Henrey aint gonna make it sorry.

Maybe it's as simple as them missing the massive and magic Mundy aura, the glue that made them feel like a team. it's hard to nail just one thing. The turn around from last season defies logic.

After the first game, I thought it was an anomaly that every line should be playing so badly all at the same time, but you can only have so many anomalies happening before a pattern emerges and it's no longer an anomaly. :) The pattern that has emerged, for whatever reason, is we could be playing with the newest and shiniest of AFL teams. The way things are going.
Maybe our club just isn't built for sustained success.

Some clubs are and some clubs aren't.

Maybe there is a curse or something but it looks like we aren't.

Unfortunately no matter how many rebuilds or restumps we do the best we have managed in 29 years is 4 straight finals between 2012-15 and 4 finals appearances in the other 25 years.

Maybe our club just isn't built for sustained success.

Some clubs are and some clubs aren't.

Maybe there is a curse or something but it looks like we aren't.

Unfortunately no matter how many rebuilds or restumps we do the best we have managed in 29 years is 4 straight finals between 2012-15 and 4 finals appearances in the other 25 years.
Which when you compare it to Carlton, Essendon and St Kilda who have the ultimate VicBias advantage and then GC and GWS who have had the dream spoon fed start up , our performance, although very average, really isn’t that bad by comparison.

I’ll save this for the positivity thread . 😁

Last edited:
LongBell
Push a 2 x Brownlow medalist our greatest player ever sideways to satisfy their own huge egos
Shunt guys who really care like Walters out of the leadership group , for guys like O'maera who only plays for his pay check
Get rid of bloke like Logue and Acres, so people like Hughes can get a game
spent all summer blowing smoke up their own asses
then dish this shit up
Pack ya bags Longbell
Lets start again

Well well well, here I am again.

Incredible how we came out breathing fire in the fourth quarter and still got absolutely spanked.

We are coached so badly.

Alex Pearce can not remain captain, as a matter of urgency. He continually is making shocking decisions & errors, and does not justify selection let alone the ethos of the team by playing week in, week out at the same standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching us get pumped by Brisbane my major thought is how did we f up the rebuild so badlly. How do you get into year 6 or whatever of a rebuild and have the youngest and most inexperienced team out there. That's a major screw up and for mine the major source of worry.

I'm not sure that we need more picks but unfortunately we now need to get games into Erasmus etc and it just really really sucks to be at this point now.

They all need a good old fashioned Malcolm Blight get em in a room turn the lights of and throw bloody chairs at them and that includes the coach

How do you get into year 6 or whatever of a rebuild and have the youngest and most inexperienced team out there. That's a major screw up and for mine the major source of worry.
Completely agree and have been saying this to mates. Average games was 70? That 3 seasons worth of games. Just terrible list management. We'll start to be good in at least 2 more seasons, not including this one. So here's to hopefully maybe being good in

Tg
Completely agree and have been saying this to mates. Average games was 70? That 3 seasons worth of games. Just terrible list management. We'll start to be good in at least 2 more seasons, not including this one. So here's to hopefully maybe being good in
That's if we don't lose another wheelbarrow of players as they come on to their prime.

Spoke to some corporates who were taken over for the game. At their function Garlick addressed them and claimed nothings wrong, full steam ahead. This is the bloke that set a corporate goal of finals n premierships both men’s n women’s by 2025. Not much eggs on Garlo’s face.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When it should’ve just been Johnson replacing Mundy, Erasmus replacing Acres. No idea what’s the acquisition of Wagner and JOM were for.

Henry not professing nor even can be bothered playing AFL has severely short handed the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back