Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. "I don't know what I'm saying is true, but it's a fact"....
Whatever floats your boat. you have a history of shooting down posters so it's your loss. If you have any evidence to contradict what i said then that would be understandable, but you don't, so I think i'll trust the person who told me

We had 12 players who didn't turn up to the club till Saturday. We also had Cox, Maynard and Cameron all playing with covid. You can believe it or not but it's fact
That'd actually be good news. We were sloppy yesterday, but the real concern was how much we were outnumbered around the contest. We were thoroughly outworked.

We're just not used to it!
As someone who has seen about 12 grand final non wins i really am!!

We played terrible against a team who is a premiership contender and lost by 5 points or 1 minute in time!
I don't buy the they didn't kick straight excuse, i buy Macrae's take that we didn't take enough risks at the end. God i love that man, he is not scared of us making mistakes and that's why we have improved out of sight the last 2 years.

Nick was one of the players named in a 7 man defence. Perhaps my wording was ambiguous but the intended meaning was somewhere else on the ground'. Be dubious if you like, but be smart.
I’m still struggling to understand the correlation between Noble being pushed out of the 22 and Nicks position on the ground, or why it would even matter. That’s why I’m dubious.

I thought we were also out coached a bit but I'm not allowed to say that apparently
I only watched on telly, so no idea about that, but unusual for us to be so outnumbered so consistently. They just got that more to the contest and then support in quicker all day long - could have been structure or simply being outrun. It was rare for us. I thought Lippa and Josh should have swapped roles for a start - just as Josh didn't seem to be getting in to provide an option around the contest like he normally does.

We had 12 players who didn't turn up to the club till Saturday. We also had Cox, Maynard and Cameron all playing with covid. You can believe it or not but it's fact
I believe you Manic and most of the others here would as well if they knew your identity as I do.
Trust him folks is all I'm saying.

Didn't turn up to the club? Makes it sound like they just didn't bother...and which 12? Because the training reports provided on here didn't have 12 missing ..
A couple didn't train and the others would have just gone through the motions.
You can have Covid with mild symptoms.
It may have been flu with many of them.

Last edited:
Shows you take three or four A graders out of the side and you are going to struggle against the best teams.
Flu/Bug obviously also a factor with a couple more, as was the fact that there were injury doubts on McCreery and WHE all week.

People saying Oliver out evened it up on paper, (the loss of DeGoey), but what about Steele, Elliot, Howe?
You can cover the loss of one or two top players but not four or five.

I was not surprised we got rolled, glad it was not by a big margin, even seriously under-manned and lame we hung in.

Get most of the squad back and fit, get rid of the flu, have a week off and we are a much better side than that.

I believe you Manic and most of the others here would as well if they knew your identity as I do.
Trust him folks is all I'm saying.

giphy.gif

We're just not used to it!

Got to treat it the way opening batsmen do; start again at zero.

The second half of the season and we’re a good side, but how good? We’ve got to prove it all over again. We’ve got some outs, a tough draw, and nothing is guaranteed, we get no favours other than the two games head start on 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows you take three or four A graders out of the side and you are going to struggle against the best teams.
Flu/Bug obviously also a factor with a couple more, as was the fact that there were injury doubts on McCreery and WHE all week.

People saying Oliver out evened it up on paper, (the loss of DeGoey), but what about Steele, Elliot, Howe?
You can cover the loss of one or two top players but not four or five.

I was not surprised we got rolled, glad it was not by a big margin, even seriously under-manned and lame we hung in.

Get most of the squad back and fit, get rid of the flu, have a week off and we are a much better side than that.

exactly why Melbourne don't hold any fears.

A couple didn't train and the others would have just gone through the motions.
You can have Covid with mild symptoms.
It may have been flu with many of them.
We know a few didn't train early in the week due to illness, Cox, Maynard & Daicos. I'm not disputing the flu &/or covid affected some of the players. I've said they looked flat yesterday. I was querying the line "12 didn't turn up until Saturday" & who they were.

Whatever floats your boat. you have a history of shooting down posters so it's your loss. If you have any evidence to contradict what i said then that would be understandable, but you don't, so I think i'll trust the person who told me
History of shooting down posters? It was a simple question .. which 12 players. You posted that 12 didn't turn up until Saturday and then said you didn't know who, but it's true..

I'm not disputing some may have been experiencing flu &/or covid symptoms. The club already stated during the week that Cox, Maynard & Daicos were I'll during the week. I've said multiple times they looked flat yesterday.

If people are going to post rumours, surely they should expect to be queried on their validity.

History of shooting down posters? It was a simple question .. which 12 players. You posted that 12 didn't turn up until Saturday and then said you didn't know who, but it's true..

I'm not disputing some may have been experiencing flu &/or covid symptoms. The club already stated during the week that Cox, Maynard & Daicos were I'll during the week. I've said multiple times they looked flat yesterday.

If people are going to post rumours, surely they should expect to be queried on their validity.
Cox said in his podcast today that he had Covid last week and a number of players missed training. Can't recall if he named an actual number. He was also keen to stress it wasn't an excuse.

And he's off to Bali.

Outnumbered at the contest all day. That was the bigger issue than skills. No idea whether that was structure and thus coaching or workrate.
If a fair percentage of the boys were crook during the week it might explain them not keeping the system in place as well as before. heck knows. Seemed like an out of character performance. No real urgency. On to the Crows

I prefer winning but I’m also very happy dees are now flag favourites and June premiers. (Despite being flogged by Essendon and bris themselves)

I don't think it mattered who we had out, who had covid or the flu, the way Jack Viney grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck and dragged Melbourne back into it was inspirational. No coaching moves or ball movement or strategy was ever going to win against that.

Nonsense.

Plenty of supporters attend games and watch games on tv; they're not mutually exclusive. You don't need to be at the game to know you shouldn't run 20m-25m from a kick in without bouncing the ball, handball to a stationary target in the middle of the ground, or ignore a first time handball and hack kick it forward on your non-dominant foot out of the back pocket.

I don't think anyone's questioning Noble's work rate or his enthusiasm. People are questioning whether there are viable alternatives to someone who makes more errors and turns the ball over more frequently than a number of other backs due to poor decision-making or skill execution when the pressure is ramped up.
Noble takes more risks and gains more metres than most of our defenders- so by definition he’ll make more mistakes.
Do you really want him to play safe and NOT take the game on - ie just stop breaking lines and just offer chip kicks like Mayne?
By your metric he would improve with less mistakes, but in doing so penalise the offensive game plan of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back