Autopsy Rd 21: Freo go down in a close one

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, Henry played his best game, but Serong and Erasmus were crap?

Corbett was a positive with 3 kick and one very simple goal missed?

God people are harsh on a second year inside midfielder. Wtf do you guys expect from Erasmus in game what, 16?

Luckily Nathan Buckley can see his talent and gave him some praise
Yeah, harsh on Erasmus. At his stage showing some potential is enough. These end of season games are a great opportunity for him and our young midfield generally.

💯 FML. Jye takes the mark kicks the goal and then runs to the bench same with Sturt. They’re forwards up and about after kicking goals (with 10mins left?) and we have to rest them ? Argh!🤦🏻‍♂️
I really don’t get it.

Why can’t they just swap the break later?

If a player is hot, keep him out there.

I liked quite a bit about that game. I was expecting to be beaten up around the ball but they didn't roll over. Hayden Young is a midfielder from now on.

Jackson was huge but we were really caught out when Treacy was in the ruck, Brisbane moved the ball through his opponent and he wasn't able to shut that down. When Darcy is back in and Jackson is covering that option I think the opposition ball movement will be much more defended.

Similar to one on ones with our last of the tall forwards, which was Corbett this game and he needed to really create more of a contest - the flow on effects of our elite talls coming into the team rolling the role's down will tip that pretty strongly towards us.

I'm excited about next year but we still need to win next weekend. Two more wins would be nice but next weekend is mandatory.
Yes that is non negotiable.

I’ve found the last 12 months fascinating watching who posts and their opinions. The hatred that different posters have for certain players and the coaching staff is farcical.
if you don’t like the club feel free to move on

if you havent enjoyed watching the last 2 weeks leading into next year ???
Freo have unveiled a list that although is young carries a lot of depth

there’s to many people on here who have a lot to say who show their ignorance and have never played football at a decent level apart from watching a tv and becoming an expert
this club is tracking beautifully for the years ahead and offering long term success

my rant is over feel free to whack away

Personally, I found it very hard to whack to that…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You reckon missing top 4 by half a game and winning a final to possibly finishing 15th this year is tracking beautifully?
depends on your personal opinion we are probably going to end up on 10/11 wins yet be 15th honestly big whoop

for all of the flak the club copped at the end of last year regards trading
what have those that have left achieved ?

amiss treacy Henry Johnson erasmus walker sturt have all got valuable games and experience this year
young to the midfield now ( preseason for a tank )
Jackson and omeara have grown into the year
we weren’t winning a flag this year even if we improved off last year
but the build for the next 3 years in my opinion is positive

I’ve found the last 12 months fascinating watching who posts and their opinions. The hatred that different posters have for certain players and the coaching staff is farcical.

there’s to many people on here who have a lot to say who show their ignorance and have never played football at a decent level apart from watching a tv and becoming an expert
this club is tracking beautifully for the years ahead and offering long term success

It's an open forum, allowed to post whatever we want.

"there’s to many people on here who have a lot to say who show their ignorance and have never played football at a decent level apart from watching a tv"

And what the hell does that mean anyway? Why do I need to have played at a high level to pass judgement on my team? I'll give you a spoiler, 99 percent of people on this site haven't played footy at a decent level, yourself included. If we go by that logic there would be no one saying anything on this site.

It's an open forum, allowed to post whatever we want.

"there’s to many people on here who have a lot to say who show their ignorance and have never played football at a decent level apart from watching a tv"

And what the hell does that mean anyway? Why do I need to have played at a high level to pass judgement on my team? I'll give you a spoiler, 99 percent of people on this site haven't played footy at a decent level, yourself included. If we go by that logic there would be no one saying anything on this site.
Yes it’s an open forum

but ignorance is owned by the poster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it’s an open forum

At 17 posts you have hardly got the track record to show consistent insight or ignorance. Someone having a different opinion to you doesn't make them ignorant.

And how would you know who has and has not played at a high level?

To touch on that I know a few former afl players and some have good insight into football and others know very little other than the very basics. Listened to Barich give his insights into the game?

Yes it’s an open forum

I don't understand what you're saying. Am I allowed to post or not? I didn't play at a decent level.
Feel free to post or not

but the need of some on here to denigrate certain players because they make a mistake is ???
hence my post if you havenot run 30 mins flat out for a quarter then the rest of the game worn the hits made position created space and not made a mistake you should be a lot more tolerant of those that have

Ok, they were taking the Ch7 feed so they cut to an ad during the replay, but it looked like a free to us live.

Nah barely touched him and Pearce let it through his hands.
Mark it or bring it to the front…or let it go to the back…

only the most delusional optimist could call going from 6th to 15th “tracking beautifully”.

having said that, the last few weeks have been encouraging.

I want that to translate into a regular, adaptable style of football before I’ll call it anything like “travelling beautifully“ or set up for long term success.

im not comfortable enough with the style And consistency of the football to think the coaching is right.

At 17 posts you have hardly got the track record to show consistent insight or ignorance. Someone having a different opinion to you doesn't make them ignorant.

And how would you know who has and has not played at a high level?

To touch on that I know a few former afl players and some have good insight into football and others know very little other than the very basics. Listened to Barich give his insights into the game?
Right? This bloke has clearly never listened to Paul Haselby, that bloke has no idea despite playing at the level for 10 plus years. Countless other examples too.

And goal kicking. The dude can’t kick for goal. Even the ones that go through are genuine flour bags. This comes from someone who has watched a lot of Peel. The commentators for his kick at goal were locking it down and I said nope he zero chance.
If he wants to salvage his career he needs to find a different position, but I just can't see it at his age/stage of development.

No, you don't meet the bar for posting and shouldn't have your say apparently... Newcomer to a discussion board and then gets superior within 17 posts. Ridiculous.
Ok fair call
there are many I’ve seen don’t post a lot but I respect their opinions

Feel free to post or not

but the need of some on here to denigrate certain players because they make a mistake is ???
hence my post if you havenot run 30 mins flat out for a quarter then the rest of the game worn the hits made position created space and not made a mistake you should be a lot more tolerant of those that have
So I have to be positive even when players obviously aren't up to it? That's fairyland stuff mate. Come down to earth and live with the rest of us man.

Had the daughters birthday so only just got through the game.

I have almost nothing but positives. That was a terrific game of footy and THAT's what we expected most weeks this year. We played considerably better than last week it's just Brisbane didnt lose key players and are a better team.

• Jackson is our best player, now, and for the next 10 years. He's a point of difference we needed badly in our list and is remarkably still value for that trade even though we are paying twice as much as we thought / should have.
  • Treacy and Amiss are legit going to be our best forward duo in our history. Pav would have killed to have a number 2 like Treacy during his career.
  • Young is clearly never moving out of the midfield again which brings up a crazy amount of list questions...
  • We lost on experience which is frustrating
  • It's not his fault but Corbett rather that a fit Tabs or Darcy rucking with Jackson up front is as much a difference maker in that game as anything. Seems like a terrific dude but he's not AFL level.
  • Sturt realising his potential is massive for us AND he's still got so much to go, I've seen it. Natural forward who knows where to be and when and adds a much needed difference between the smalls and talls. If we lose him that'll break me

we have been cancelled Woodside out Host Plus in next year.

another win for the WOKE LOSERS

As long as the club gets the same money or better it doesn't matter. If the club had to take a financial hit for it then it's a problem.

depends on your personal opinion we are probably going to end up on 10/11 wins yet be 15th honestly big whoop

for all of the flak the club copped at the end of last year regards trading
what have those that have left achieved ?

amiss treacy Henry Johnson erasmus walker sturt have all got valuable games and experience this year
young to the midfield now ( preseason for a tank )
Jackson and omeara have grown into the year
we weren’t winning a flag this year even if we improved off last year
but the build for the next 3 years in my opinion is positive
The players leaving were never the problem. It’s the decline in performance of several players that should be more experienced that is a worry. Plus the over the top conservatism of the coaches.

• Young should have been in the midfield weeks ago
  • Hughes in the wing earlier this year was a horror show
  • Sturt should have played at least an extra 15 games over the past 2 years to develop his craft quicker at this level, gifting games constantly to inferior players like Banfield is hurting us in the long run and now we could end up losing Sturt. How dockery.
  • the slow ball movement was obviously out of date but took weeks to address

Top that off with some curious list management where players that are depth role players at best or unproven youngsters that have never been sighted at AFL level are getting unwarranted and unnecessary extensions (some for 2 years even) such as Worner, Kuek, Banfield, Josh Draper.
Why are these players being contracted and signed up while Sam Sturt is left hanging and now with 3 games left hes OOC, playing very well and we all know what that means. We will have to pay a lot more to keep him now, or worse still, could lose him just as he’s about to pop as an AFL player. Dumb dumb stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back