Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to keep on beating this drum but Duryea should not have been retained unless it was purely as break glass in case of emergency depth. We should have aggressively traded or drafted another small defender.
Why is he getting such a whipping? No worse than anyone else.

Weightman still flying with the talls is my biggest disappointment. This kicking has been shite but I don’t know how you fix that. Getting a player not to fly with teammates a foot bigger than himself is pretty basic stuff. How has that not been ironed out?

IF Caleb Daniel isn’t selected THEN our selection process is cooked

I don’t understand how we can go from what we did last week to this against the same team. We are fielding a better team on paper and yet we look a lot worse and obviously the goal kicking is putrid but it wasn’t exactly great last week either but still much better than this.

When you constantly miss easy shots for goal it is so deflating to everyone on the team. You see the heads drop. And then when the other team takes their chances and makes you pay it compounds the problem and the heads drop even more. It’s a disease that must be fixed and it’s been this way for far too long.

Heads should have rolled for this much earlier but unfortunately the club is weak and has never seriously addressed it. If the season starts the same way as this and let’s face it, none of us think it will be any different, how long do we have to wait until someone at the club does something about it?

So halftime bulldogs bingo:

• Start well and dominate possession and inside 50s
  • Kick atrociously for goal and keep the other team in it
  • Concede 4-5 goals in a row when the other team does have it
  • Forwards spoil each other by being in the same 5m radius all the ****ing time, meaning it’s more difficult to clunk the mark but we’re also outnumbered at ground level (also known as the Cody Weightman disease)

It’s half a practice match and I’m already done with this ****ing team. wtf do they do all preseason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I begin!!
English refuses to play in front and is being soundly beaten.
Our midfielders are working as hard as a no name back bench politician.
Our kicking coach has already been sacked.
Duryea should have been put out to the Aged Care Home last year.
And, even most importantly, there is no semblance of a game plan.

Our set up at every centre bounce is something like this:

McNiel Weightman Jamara
VDM
Lobb
Naughton

Does not make sense to me

We only played with 22 in the first half Daniel and Cleary warming up at half time.

Over all terrible quarter and terrible forward structure.

Jamara needs to be honoured on the lead more and given more space.

Players have to actually have to commit to leads not back track after 6 steps. We do not create space for each other.

Our kicking is contributing to the congestion a player leads to the boundary side we kick to their corridor side favouring their opponent and causing them to have to redirect themselves, that’s why we don’t get easy marks.

VDM has zero awareness when a team mate can grab the ball and go he puts a hand in there.

McNiel just can’t kick.

And very quietly the opposition has kicked 5 unanswered goals AGAIN. and counting
And like the last couple of years simply due to us missing multiple easy shots at goal.

Teams have not really got a run on, more so we keep missing simple shots

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

i dont like overreacting to a praccy match, but,

the ghost of the 2021 gf blowout appears again in 2024, another long stretch of time without the ability to respond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back