Review Good/Bad vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The main factors for this loss were
1. Coaching - let's just not put a player on Stewart at all, how hard is it to tell a bloke everywhere he goes you go.
2. Work rate - how many times did Geelong create the loose man over the top running forward.

I really am just starting to lose the passion to even watch the footy anymore, I went from being a member for over 10 years to now struggling to even watch a full game. This club makes it so hard we are so predictable how many of us just knew we would snap up Nicksy to an extension before seeing if we showed any improvement this year.

I don't want to rant and rave but the club is seriously a joke, the average supporter can see our problems but yet some how the people running the club can't? How long have we needed a quality midfielder or atleast a midfield group that has a different skillet like maybe someone with a bit of pace that isn't no look handball panic merchant.
3. Ball use & skill level.

Wow what a braindead extension. There was no rush. He might be the man, he might not. But there was no reason to extend, the football will do the talking.

We are so poorly skilled. Dropped marks all night, fumbles constantly. Ironically the guy Nicks gave up (Crouch) was the only one who had good touch tonight.

Easy goals in transition. Lacing Tom Stewart on the chest. Pedlar on Stewart LMAO what are you doing Nicks, he had a record game.

I hope Berry comes good. There is something there, but his touch was horrendous.

It's not all about the midfield. There seems to be a ground-wide lack of talent and skill. Even Tex looked as though he had forgotten everything he knew.
Anything we get out of Tex is a bonus, if he is our one wood we are in for a world of pain.

I'm not sure Chris Scott even broke a sweat that match. That was like watching a grandmaster play an amatuer at chess. Just picked apart our "tactics" and had 90% of the match on their own terms.

You are giving him too much credit. He would have told the team just camp Stewart 30 metres out from goal and the Crows will even slow down their ball movement to ensure Stewart can get back into his loose man spot.

Cant believe I had to put up with abuse from the murphy fanbois in here over the summer for daring to suggest he’s utter garbage..

Cant believe the club made him part of the leadership team!.

The bloke is the worst footballer in the AFL. A complete waste of space.

And not one of his fanbois will put there hand up and admit it.. “but, but, but… top 10 in the B&F” they’ll loudly squeal.

The lad doesn't even deserve to work in the merch shop ffs…

Please.. Just get him away from the fxxkn club entirely.

FLUSH HIM..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what a braindead extension. There was no rush. He might be the man, he might not. But there was no reason to extend, the football will do the talking.

We are so poorly skilled. Dropped marks all night, fumbles constantly. Ironically the guy Nicks gave up (Crouch) was the only one who had good touch tonight.

Easy goals in transition. Lacing Tom Stewart on the chest. Pedlar on Stewart LMAO what are you doing Nicks, he had a record game.

I hope Berry comes good. There is something there, but his touch was horrendous.
The club has become so terrified of any potential negative media focus they'll willingly make bad decisions to try and head it off.

They couldn't stand the heat of 6 months of coaching speculation, so gave Nicks an extension so they wouldn't have to hear it.

Rumours were in abundance in 2022 that Nicks had an ultra defensive mindset. After the first two games this season, its impossible to argue this isn't the case. He just wants the club to maintain possession and play safe.

It’s a very bizarre regression 🤦‍♂️ Your best football of last season was crisp, clean, fast and good to watch. Matthew wake up.

6 years out of finals and our midfield is Matt Crouch, Rory Laird, Jordan Dawson and Riley O'Brien.

Last edited:
Cant believe I had to put up with abuse from the murphy fanbois in here over the summer for daring to suggest he’s utter garbage..

Cant believe the club made him part of the leadership team!.

The bloke is the worst footballer in the AFL. A complete waste of space.

And not one of his fanbois will put there hand up and admit it.. “but, but, but… top 10 in the B&F” they’ll loudly squeal.

The lad doesn't even deserve to work in the merch shop ffs…

Please.. Just get him away from the fxxkn club entirely.

FLUSH HIM..
There are murphy fanbois? Ffs

Complete coaching failure. Nicks is a dud and a loser. His contract extension right before this is an embarassing joke.

Smashed by what could be the worst midfield Geelong have fielded in 30 years.

And zero plan for Tom Stewart AGAIN. Groundhog day
It was amateur hour ......and made a mockery of all the pre-season garble

"We were able to train with footballs, and hone our skills"

1. Well, there was only one side one grabbing the ball tonight
2. There was only one side that continued to slip over
3. There was only one side, whose players didn't keep spoiling and running into teammates
4. And there was only one side who moved the ball quicker than treakle
5. And there was only one side, whose head wasn't big enough to drink their own bath water ....and believe they were destined for Finals

AND IT WASN'T THE CROWS !

Crouch got 39 possessions, but back to his old ways ....slowing us down ...we are a worse midfield with him in it .....and either he or Laird has to go

Smith ....WOW, how bad can a player play

Berry ....or should I say fumbles Berry ....how many turnovers did he present to GEEL

Hinge ....forget the possession count ...he was caught in no-man's land defending time & time again .....another bath water drinker

ROB ....again not marking anything ....you simply cannot rely on his output

Fogarty ....another who clearly demonstrated his inability to focus on the game for 100 min

NICKS
In what world does any coach allow Tom Stewart to run around like an unregistered dog ....game losing move #1

In what world do you have your Captain tagging a 34 YO Danger ....he was never going to tear us a new one ....and we lost all drive from Dawson, our most direct MID ....game losing move #2

Congratulations on manning Stewart up in the last 10 min of the game .....just WOW !

There's no words to describe how bad that coaching performance was tonight

Bad-Bad all Bad
How many times did they spoil one another in a marking contest?, team of plodders. 0 communication.

Murphy is so far off an AFL footballer it's not even funny and we have gifted the guy 100 games 😡

Pedlar couldn't hit the side of a barn door, Burgess is not a ruckman, the guy was schoolyard bullied at every ruck contest.

Slow ball movement, Can't remember 2 weeks in a row when I have been so frustrated watching a game of footy.

Ugly : SRS security, Magda Szubanski could have run 3 laps of Adelaide oval before one of those security guards wrapped her up... highlight of the match.

Thats the symptom of an ultra defensive game plan. Players lose the ability to take the game on. And..they don't react well to chaos ball and they fumble under pressure.
Saw it in play late in the game. Rachele marks it at HF, has 20-25m free, plenty of space to run to 50-45m out for a running shot and goal. Instead he stops, goes back and tries to slow it down. You could tell it went against his natural instincts, but he's got a coach in his head yelling at him for daring to attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back