Review Good/Bad vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure things got changed up after 1/4 time.
Well, Pedlar was moved after that first 1/4. That was something, but too late.
To me, the thing about Pedlar is that he's dynamic when given license to attack. He's got that take-the-game-on attacking vibe about him.
Looks like he was told to keep Stewart quiet ie play a negating/defensive role on him but that is just not Pedlar and his confusion and ineffectiveness in that role showed.
Poor Coaching.

To me, the thing about Pedlar is that he's dynamic when given license to attack. He's got that take-the-game-on attacking vibe about him.
Looks like he was told to keep Stewart quiet ie play a negating/defensive role on him but that is just not Pedlar and his confusion and ineffectiveness in that role showed.
Poor Coaching.
Great - so can we expect to see Peds playing defence in the sanfl for the rest of the year to develop that side of his game?

Great - so can we expect to see Peds playing defence in the sanfl for the rest of the year to develop that side of his game?
Tbh, I don't know what we can expect from Nicks for the rest of the year.
I fear it'll be more-of-the-same.

He's just been extended for 2 years (ie rewarded for at-best mediocre results + 2 losses now in 2024).
Like the underperforming senior players that Nicks re-selects week after week, what motivation has Nicks/those players got to change anything? Nicks takes "lots of positives" out of losses.
His odd selections, favoritism, bomb-it-in plans have been not just accepted, but rewarded, by the Club.

Nothing is achieved by giving Pedlar a spell, spell the senior players we a getting embarrassed by
Come on, his performance on the weekend was embarrassing, need to send messages across the squad.

I would drop Laird and Smith before Pedlar but I would also send him packing. Bring in Edwards, Nank and Curtin/Hamill/Taylor

Come on, his performance on the weekend was embarrassing, need to send messages across the squad.

I would drop Laird and Smith before Pedlar but I would also send him packing. Bring in Edwards, Nank and Curtin/Hamill/Taylor
I'm going part way & making Pedlar sub... sending him a message that his selfish use of the ball was completely unacceptable.

He then either makes his way back in to the 22 with a decent performance or back to the sanfl if poor.

We need a productive Pedlar in our side, but we can't accept the crap he has dished up so far.

We're just not that good.

We still lack talent across the ground, perhaps with the exception of it forwards and we havent developed our players well enough in the key roles.

We lean into experienced players or those who "try hard" instead of having the courage and conviction to develop those who have genuine talent.

This is not the players fault this is a Nick's philosophy of football. He's a very basic coach.

I'm going part way & making Pedlar sub... sending him a message that his selfish use of the ball was completely unacceptable.

He then either makes his way back in to the 22 with a decent performance or back to the sanfl if poor.

We need a productive Pedlar in our side, but we can't accept the crap he has dished up so far.
You don’t think Tex gave it to him, you think sending our future up down up down is going to help them

You don’t think Tex gave it to him, you think sending our future up down up down is going to help them
I wanted us to use Smith as sub for same reason.

If we start accepting mediocrity, we have a problem no matter who the player is.

His selfish use of the ball all night was infuriating.

Had Rankine doing jumping jacks...

I wanted us to use Smith as sub for same reason.

If we start accepting mediocrity, we have a problem no matter who the player is.

His selfish use of the ball all night was infuriating.

Had Rankine doing jumping jacks...
We accepted mediocrity when we made Murphy part of the leadership group.

That sets the standard for whats acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're just not that good.

We still lack talent across the ground, perhaps with the exception of it forwards and we havent developed our players well enough in the key roles.

We lean into experienced players or those who "try hard" instead of having the courage and conviction to develop those who have genuine talent.

This is not the players fault this is a Nick's philosophy of football. He's a very basic coach.
Any club that has murphy in the leadership group is a basket case. He's everything wrong with the club. A complete stench. and it's not his fault. The coach and the higher ups are the problem.

Any club that has murphy in the leadership group is a basket case. He's everything wrong with the club. A complete stench.
Not sure if go that far, but absolutely says alot about this club.

If we still think it's necessary to hold up guys that "try hard" then we are nowhere near where we need to be.

The standard should be about execution not simply trying. We should be beyond that and it should be a hygiene factor.

If we aren't then thats a further indictment on Nicks.

Last edited:
Poor Coaching.

Well that is on the coach - surely you have an inkling of your players strengths and weaknesses.

As someone on here mentioned Murphy into the leadership group is unfathomable - well the leadership group is chosen by the players. What does that literally say?

We accepted mediocrity when we made Murphy part of the leadership group.

That sets the standard for whats acceptable.

Any club that has murphy in the leadership group is a basket case. He's everything wrong with the club. A complete stench. and it's not his fault. The coach and the higher ups are the problem.

Unfortunately, you need to blame the playing group for him being in the leadership group.

Not sure as I’ve said before whether players realise what a leader does, it isn’t a popularity contest. Sometimes as a leader you have to make calls that aren’t warm and fuzzy. Murphy and Smith aren’t leaders. Jury is out on Fogarty and Milera.

Why oh why do we need 8 players in a leadership group? Seriously, this isn’t under age footy where everyone gets a participation medal.

Unfortunately, you need to blame the playing group for him being in the leadership group.

Not sure as I’ve said before whether players realise what a leader does, it isn’t a popularity contest. Sometimes as a leader you have to make calls that aren’t warm and fuzzy. Murphy and Smith aren’t leaders. Jury is out on Fogarty and Milera.

Why oh why do we need 8 players in a leadership group? Seriously, this isn’t under age footy where everyone gets a participation medal.
No you blame the administration for thinking that this group is actually capable of selecting a leadership group.

It doing have been taken out of their hands.

For most of these young players they simply want to align to what the coaches have been holding up as "leadership" so as to not be misaligned.

They are essentially buying into confirmation bias as set out by the coaches.

No you blame the administration for thinking that this group is actually capable of selecting a leadership group.

It doing have been taken out of their hands.

For most of these young players they simply want to align to what the coaches have been holding up as "leadership" so as to not be misaligned.

They are essentially buying into confirmation bias as set out by the coaches.

They are empowering the players, well the administrators they think they are.

Is it 100% the case that the players vote all the leadership group?

And don’t say yes unless you have this verified.

Ok - this is the paragraph out of the release:

“They were voted in by the playing group with the backing of the coaches, and the leadership group was formally endorsed by the Club’s Board and senior management.”

I find the language odd - the backing of the coaches language just feels like there was a hand in there influencing the outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back