Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is in ANY doubt about Brodie Smith, they need to watch this bit of the highhlights.

Regulation ground ball that he should have easily picked up and sent us forward, but COMPLETELY SQUIBS the contest and Geelong get it and goal. Look at the score, crucial time of the game and we literally shat the bed.

Absolutely woeful effort from a 'senior leader' and should be dropped on that alone.

View attachment 1939108

View attachment 1939112

View attachment 1939113

As long as he thumped the ground, that’s all we can demand from a senior player.

Don't really see what that's got to do with his lack of composure when in the clear this season. Doctors and Burgess obviously cleared him to play and obviously he put himself up for selection.

I refer you to Nigel Lappin...

Like Brad crouch in round 1?

Brodie Smith playing this week would be absolutely disgraceful

Fun Facts with Grotto - Stolen Edition.

Adelaide's win-loss record since start of 2020​

At Adelaide Oval
20-27 (42.6 per cent win rate)

At all other venues
9-30 (23.1 per cent win rate)

Away wins under Matthew Nicks​

R17, 2020 - Beat Carlton (11th) by 16 points at People First Stadium, Gold Coast
R4, 2021 - Beat North Melbourne (18th) by 41 points at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
R13, 2021 - Beat St Kilda (12th) by six points at Cazalys Stadium, Cairns
R19, 2021 - Beat Hawthorn (17th) by 19 points at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
R6, 2022 - Beat Western Bulldogs (10th) by one point at Mars Stadium, Ballarat
R15, 2022 - Beat North Melbourne (17th) by 57 points at Blundstone Arena, Hobart
R21, 2022 - Beat West Coast (17th) by 16 points at Optus Stadium, Perth
R6, 2023 - Beat Hawthorn (18th) by 3 points at UTAS Stadium, Launceston
R24, 2023 - Beat West Coast (18th) by 45 points at Optus Stadium, Perth
That's damning!! Jesus, someone wanna explain why we resigned a coach where we can't win away from home unless they are in the bottom 4 and even then it's a struggle to win the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Pedlar attended one centre bounce this year?

He attended 1 in the first round.

What you say and what actually happens are two different things.

I won’t hold my breathe on this as it means Laird will get less than 30 possessions. He won’t want that to happen.
Remember Rory Sloane to half back? It's always talk and never action. They talk about wanting flexibility, but it always involves the young players being forced out to the fringes while the seniors get all the prime time.

In that regard Nicks is a terrible coach for a rebuild because he has no real desire to move out experience and create a hole for a youngster to move in to.

Just have a look what happened in 2023. Nicks is risk adverse.

We were flying in the first 6 rounds last year. Soligo and Rachele were in there. Just ******* dumb by Nicks in 2024.

Remember Rory Sloane to half back? It's always talk and never action. They talk about wanting flexibility, but it always involves the young players being forced out to the fringes while the seniors get all the prime time.

In that regard Nicks is a terrible coach for a rebuild because he has no real desire to move out experience and create a hole for a youngster to move in to.

No I just think he is risk adverse and takes the soft option (experience over youth). We now have a group of players in their 3rd/4th seasons - and yet he doesn’t give them the responsibility.

He needs to win this week otherwise he is cooked.

Nicks is s**t - let’s face it. Has done zero to develop our midfield. Dawson is the only regular change in there over the past 4 years and that’s because it was his idea!

We have a pick 6 (Rash), pick 9 (Peds) and pick 3 (Ranks) all parked in our forward line lucky to get 5 CBAs between them.

******* idiot.

It isn’t just them, we have got a side with nearly 50% first rounders (add Milera, Jones, Fogarty, Michalanney, McHenry and Tilthorpe when fit) and yet we let spuds like Murphy to get to 100+ games.

I’m literally scratching my head what he is doing.

Reckon Buckley reckons we have the cattle, would he be interested if this goes pear shape this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back