Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was one of the few who picked Adelaide to slide this year. Hope I am wrong.

One recurring pattern I have noticed over the last 20 years is the club doesn't seem to handle adversity very well.

Goal umpiring mess up last year is a good example. I think right now it has ruined the motivation of some of the players and they need to do something about this fast as we have a difficult draw in 2024. Win tomorrow night and it will bring huge belief back to the players, we can beat Melbourne at home because we have beaten them before.

Last edited:
I was one of the few who picked Adelaide to slide this year. Hope I am wrong.

One recurring pattern I have noticed over the last 20 years is the club doesn't seem to handle adversity very well.

Goal umpiring mess up last year is a good example. I think right now it has ruined the motivation of some of the players and they need to do something about this fast as we have a difficult draw in 2024. Win tomorrow night and it will bring huge belief back to the players, we can beat Melbourne at home because we have beaten them before.
I’d argue it’s expectations rather than adversity, whenever we’re expected to improve or go into a game as favourites we inevitably seem to go to water and get blown away.

We’re still an mentally weak club

I’d argue it’s expectations rather than adversity, whenever we’re expected to improve or go into a game as favourites we inevitably seem to go to water and get blown away.

We’re still an mentally weak club

I absolutely agree this has been the case. However I’m not sure it is on this occasion. The effort is still there as I’d the belief I think.

Tactically however we have been poor this year and that’s what has cost us. We had chances to run away with the game last Friday and blew it with poor forward entries and questionable decision making in defence. Not to mention the Pedlar on Stewart debacle.

This partly gives me hope for next year and beyond as we might only be a shrewd senior assistant away from putting it together but I think it does mean we’re gonna struggle this year.

At least he was genuinely anguished by his side's form. You could tell he wasn't having a good time. If I'm going to suffer as a supporter, it would feel better if the coach was also hating life and wasn't sitting pretty with a fresh new contract.

I genuinely think Adelaide rank as one of the least respected sides in the comp right now. Not just in form but our off field decisions. As I said, I dont think in our history, I've ever felt the club is as bad as I do now. Even in our worst seasons we still won many games. I exclude the rebuild because we played a lot of young players to pump games into them. But surely their comes a point where a player isn't doing the job you though so you rip the bandaid, blood some fresh youngsters to see if they up the level.

Maybe the review should have looked closer at our recruiting.

Six weeks after it concluded, we went and pissed away pick 6 on McAsey.
I hate to sink the Boots in. But I am glad you brought this up.

Pick 6 the crows chose McAsey. Pick 7 and 8 the dockers chose 2 decent mids. Caleb Serong and Hayden Young.

either one would of been good at the crows.

In an Alternative reality crows could of and should of won a Grand final in 2017 with Mids of Dangerfield (had he stayed until 2017, and not 2015 as a free agent) Sloane, Nathan Fyfe and Lachie Neale as your inside mids. 3 of those blokes have went on to win Brownlows.

Crows missed out on some decent mids.

2009: crows could of got Nathan fyfe. But they got Daniel Talia instead. not bad of a selection.

2011: Crows used pick 27 on Sam Kerridge. Brad Hill was taken at pick 33. James Sellar was taken at pick 54, Lachie Neale was taken at pick 58.

2012 and 2013 drafts dont count.

2016: Crows chose Gallucci. Port Sam Powell pepper. Will Hayward goes to the swans at pick 21. Shai Bolton was available in the 2nd round as well.

2018: Crows used pick 9 on Chayce Jones. Port used pick 12 on zak Butters. Crows used pick 16 on ned McHenry, Port used pick 19 on Xavier Duursma.

Again... Crazy to think that in the lead up to the 2017 Grand final, crows could of had a Midfield of Dangerfield, sloane, Brad Hill, Nathan Fyfe and Lachie neale.

I hate to sink the Boots in. But I am glad you brought this up.

Pick 6 the crows chose McAsey. Pick 7 and 8 the dockers chose 2 decent mids. Caleb Serong and Hayden Young.

either one would of been good at the crows.

In an Alternative reality crows could of and should of won a Grand final in 2017 with Mids of Dangerfield (had he stayed until 2017, and not 2015 as a free agent) Sloane, Nathan Fyfe and Lachie Neale as your inside mids. 3 of those blokes have went on to win Brownlows.

Crows missed out on some decent mids.

2009: crows could of got Nathan fyfe. But they got Daniel Talia instead. not bad of a selection.

2011: Crows used pick 27 on Sam Kerridge. Brad Hill was taken at pick 33. James Sellar was taken at pick 54, Lachie Neale was taken at pick 58.

2012 and 2013 drafts dont count.

2016: Crows chose Gallucci. Port Sam Powell pepper. Will Hayward goes to the swans at pick 21. Shai Bolton was available in the 2nd round as well.

2018: Crows used pick 9 on Chayce Jones. Port used pick 12 on zak Butters. Crows used pick 16 on ned McHenry, Port used pick 19 on Xavier Duursma.

Again... Crazy to think that in the lead up to the 2017 Grand final, crows could of had a Midfield of Dangerfield, sloane, Brad Hill, Nathan Fyfe and Lachie neale.

We're an absolute mess right now, but come on, you're a ******* Freo fan.

28 years, no flags.

Andrew McLeod 2 x Norm Smiths.

* off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're an absolute mess right now, but come on, you're a ******* Freo fan.

28 years, no flags.

Andrew McLeod 2 x Norm Smiths.

* off.

I am not trying to rub it in. I dont hate or dislike the crows.

I rather them win a grand final vs most sides, Especially vs Vic sides.

Yes you can bring up Andrew McLeod all you want. But Imagine Crows chose Pav over Ken McGregor.

I can cop it with the worst of them. But you need to be honest here. Its very hard for any non vic club like your crows and my dockers to win it, unless you face another non vic side.

Hoping tassie becomes decent too.

I am not trying to rub it in. I dont hate or dislike the crows.

I rather them win a grand final vs most sides, Especially vs Vic sides.

Yes you can bring up Andrew McLeod all you want. But Imagine Crows chose Pav over Ken McGregor.

I can cop it with the worst of them. But you need to be honest here. Its very hard for any non vic club like your crows and my dockers to win it, unless you face another non vic side.

Hoping tassie becomes decent too.

Piss off.

What’s clear is 2023 was on the back of Tex and Rahilly.

Tex not only kicked the goals, he gave the team confidence. Now he’s not only struggling to kick a goal, he’s being beaten. The teams dropping their head and we are struggling to score.

Secondly Rahilly obviously knew what he was doing, he was in charge of ball movement and the forward line, both gone to s**t.

And Nicks sucks

What’s clear is 2023 was on the back of Tex and Rahilly.

Tex not only kicked the goals, he gave the team confidence. Now he’s not only struggling to kick a goal, he’s being beaten. The teams dropping their head and we are struggling to score.

Secondly Rahilly obviously knew what he was doing, he was in charge of ball movement and the forward line, both gone to s**t.

And Nicks sucks

Were we ever that good though? Nicks spent 3 seasons pumping games into kids we drafted from 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. Then he literally drew a line in the sand and said, i've seen enough. so 4 lots of draftees was enough in his book to fill all the holes in our list from the loss of experience. Oh and Dawson and Rankine.

A coach should always be looking to roll the dice at selection, bring in young kids when they can to expose them to AFL level to potentially unearth the next big thing. Nicks did the opposite. He looked at Sholl, Murphy, McHenry and old and useless Sloane, a slow moving Berry and thought I don't need to develop any more. Only problem is he failed to account for form, side balance and win loss. Not to mention the dreaded Injuries.

So he sacrificed building a solid 25-30 players to select from for a solid 25 and the rest. What a dud. The club needs to be hauled over the coals for Nicks re-signing. Im sorry but this is a utensil up and I don't believe one bit this was a unified decision at Board level. The decision maker needs to be outed and the exact numbers on the board who voted for it. I firmly believe one of the decision makers was Olsen. I want to know who else?

And what’s really s**t? How pathetic our club is.

We fight for prime time and we * it up. We are going to get s**t slots for the back end of the season and next year.
I'm okay with them not televising our games from now on

:rolleyes:

Post Sydney loss. "Fraction"

I'm worried we'll slip back a fraction next year

We saw tonight how we cope with expectation and next year we'll be expected to make finals. Our best performances this year has come in the free hits against top four teams as heavy underdogs.

Peak Tex surely can't continue next year and I think his amazing form has covered up some flaws.

We haven't even started the process of handing the midfield over to Pedlar, Soligo, Schoenberg, Rachele. There will inevitably be teething problems which we've only delayed by keeping them out of the centre square this year.

And what’s really s**t? How pathetic our club is.

We fight for prime time and we * it up. We are going to get s**t slots for the back end of the season and next year.

The saving grace there is the heat the club should get.

It's been refreshing already this year the attention we've got (criticism), recent years we've been off Broadway.

Bring on the blowtorch.

Back