Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

The Comben thing is really interesting, looks imposing as all hell and like he could command a backline but Joe could have kicked 11 on him last week if he could be bothered and Cameron kicked 6 on him going half rat power.

Reckon he could be a force if the rest of the team stopped stinking.

west coast playing well right now. jake waterman has developed into quite a strong forward, too

They started their autopsy thread at half time and have a thread that started a week ago saying to get rid of Clarko. As dire as we have been at times, we have never been Norf dire.

They do have a ton of talent. If they dont leave, you'd think they have to come good.
Their talent isn't KP players bar Larkey, that's a big part of their problem. We should donate Dodo to them to help them build a spine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to hurt north fans watching Harley for the next 15 years
i take back any harsh words i've said about him. genuinely astonished as to the talent and ability he has and how well it's transitioned to AFL. he was dominant and explosive on sunday arvo and genuinely tore the game apart a few times. i wouldn't be shocked if he's offered big money at the end of the season to stay on at west coast. he's a genuine match winner.

Why did North win that round 24 game vs Gold Coast? It's the most damaging and counterintuitive win I've ever seen.
Now West Coast have Harley Reid who would have been the perfect replacement for JHF. Reid and McKercher would have set them up.

They had already lost 20 games in a row. What's one more? I just don't get it.
Because it's more important to create a winning culture. That was the argument anyway. I don't buy it because Gold Coast were playing for nothing under a caretaker coach in front of about 5 fans down in Tassie. They didn't give a shit and were already on their off-season trips in spirit. You can't possibly conceive of a more meaningless win.

Maybe they were under the impression West Coast wouldn't pick Harley Reid. That dickhead Sam McClure seemed certain of it.

Because it's more important to create a winning culture. That was the argument anyway. I don't buy it because Gold Coast were playing for nothing under a caretaker coach in front of about 5 fans down in Tassie. They didn't give a s**t and were already on their off-season trips in spirit. You can't possibly conceive of a more meaningless win.

Maybe they were under the impression West Coast wouldn't pick Harley Reid. That dickhead Sam McClure seemed certain of it.
been waiting for that winning culture to manifest for a couple of years i reckon

Because it's more important to create a winning culture. That was the argument anyway. I don't buy it because Gold Coast were playing for nothing under a caretaker coach in front of about 5 fans down in Tassie. They didn't give a s**t and were already on their off-season trips in spirit. You can't possibly conceive of a more meaningless win.

I do reckon they thought they’d be able to trade for pick one anyway. Eagles were right to not trade it. Reid playing each week takes a lot of pressure of their club during a rebuild. Fans want to go watch him

12- 2018
10- 2019
3- 2020 (17 games)
4- 2021
2- 2022
3- 2023

34 since 2018, no finals played
There had been a few around that sort of suggested it would be okay if we went that way .
I can tell you now we would need 25 mods if we did.

Exactly. I'm yet to see this winning culture they speak of. LDU looks like he can't be bothered anymore.

They had a marquee player right there and they won a meaningless game that like you said Gold Coast didn't give a crap about.
They really messed that up. Reid alone would have brought a crowd like he's currently doing at West Coast.

It's a major stuff up in every way. Both on field and off field. Performance, premiership prospects, crowds, marketing etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back