Roast The Rotten Stench of the AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you watch games on TV?

Still supporting the club financially indirectly.

The only meaningful protest is to walk away completely.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I did up until about round 4 or 5 last year. Did not watch more than a couple of games for 5 years. I would read a bit online though.

If a 3rd team from adelaide comes into the comp someone might clear out the incompetent clowns destroying the club. Outside of that i dont see much hope for the club sadly as they couldn't care less about ever winning another flag.

I did not pick us to make the finals this year. We're a team that always flops during adversity. Even if we stole the game last night finals would have still be hard because of the tough draw ahead and the inconsistency of the younger players. Esp Fogarty, Rankine and Rachelle. We're not going to be there for quite a few more years I think with Sloane and Walker expected to retire after this season and I don't think Fogarty is quite there yet.

I'm annoyed about the Essendon celebration, it was way to excessive. They have been in a similar situation to us, often flopping when the expectation gets high. They haven't won a final since 2004, last year when they beat us things were looking good but they simply fell apart. Both sides have had their issues for years, some of it unfairly I must admit as well.

We deserved to be laughed at by Port and supporters of other teams at times. Walker had a point to prove to the umpire, good on him. But they missed the call and won't be changing it back. Would it have made a difference to our season, highly unlikely as I already said.

Walker’s actions were poor.

Horrible decision but it was a genuine tantrum.

It has become so dire in every facet that if the Thebarton deal falls over we should give the license back. The Adelaide Football club experiment would have been a certified failure.

Walker’s actions were poor.

Horrible decision but it was a genuine tantrum.
I didn't think walkers actions were over the top. The biased ump deserved a serve for being a weak prick. If they are on the field to adjudicate do your bloody job. In saying that the scoreline flatered us and we should have lost by a bigger margin.

A small part of me thinks hopefully this is the regression year before the spike
It happens regularly but maybe I’m just blindly optimistic

My below best 22 for 2025 is finals quality
(Includes FA and FS pick )

That’s what makes me so angry get a decent coach and it’s a finals team
2025 based on drafting FS, and likely FA in Hayward

* if we stay s**t then Draper replace Cook through draft

If we’re still actively chasing a gun mid add potentially McCluggage?
Thats a good midfield all of a sudden
Tex retires then we get Luko or Petty ?

We really need to tank for a top 4 pick adding in a gun mid
And a new coach (fingers crossed )
Buckley gets that below team to finals (especially with new coach uptick)

FB: Michaellany - Murray - Hinge

HB: Curtin - Keane - Worrell

C: Nankervis - Dawson - Berry

HF: Keays - Thilthorpe- Rachele

FF : Walker - Fogarty - Hayward *

R: O’Brien - Soligo - Rankine

Int - Crouch - Dowling - Welsh - Cook *
Sub - Laird

You can guarantee we will even fail at bottoming out. We will get a few meaningless late seasons wins which will prevent us from drafting a top tier gun midfielder such as Draper.

The new F/S rules will conveniently kick in just as we’re about to benefit and we’ll only end up with Welsh.

You can guarantee we will even fail at bottoming out. We will get a few meaningless late seasons wins which will prevent us from drafting a top tier gun midfielder such as Draper.
We'll probably waste the pick on Petty anyway.

A small part of me thinks hopefully this is the regression year before the spike
It happens regularly but maybe I’m just blindly optimistic

My below best 22 for 2025 is finals quality
(Includes FA and FS pick )

That’s what makes me so angry get a decent coach and it’s a finals team
2025 based on drafting FS, and likely FA in Hayward

* if we stay s**t then Draper replace Cook through draft

If we’re still actively chasing a gun mid add potentially McCluggage?
Thats a good midfield all of a sudden
Tex retires then we get Luko or Petty ?

We really need to tank for a top 4 pick adding in a gun mid
And a new coach (fingers crossed )
Buckley gets that below team to finals (especially with new coach uptick)

FB: Michaellany - Murray - Hinge

HB: Curtin - Keane - Worrell

C: Nankervis - Dawson - Berry

HF: Keays - Thilthorpe- Rachele

FF : Walker - Fogarty - Hayward *

R: O’Brien - Soligo - Rankine

Int - Crouch - Dowling - Welsh - Cook *
Sub - Laird
No need to tank. We have Nicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sack Kelly

Appoint Balmey as an interim Head of Football on a part time mentoring capacity

Shane Edwards his 2IC and resonsible for executing Balme’s vision, with a view to having full control in 2-3 years

Sack Kelly

Appoint Balmey as an interim Head of Football on a part time mentoring capacity

Shane Edwards his 2IC and resonsible for executing Balme’s vision, with a view to having full control in 2-3 years
How old is Blight now?

Would he be any better in the Balme type role - surely he wouldn’t tow the line on the myriad of problems we have!

We'll probably waste the pick on Petty anyway.
That is my greatest fear. That we have already promised everyone it's happening and rather than lose face we will continue with the deal

Sport is fluid and in another scenario he is a nice top up to a 14-8 team

Now a 5-17 season we know we need that high quality midfielder

Good thread.

I don’t think it’s ever been so apparent regarding how broken the club is.

The past 7 or 8 years have been absolutely dire from a player development perspective.

Our best two players were developed elsewhere (Daws and Ranks). Our next best player (Walker) was developed in a gone by era.

This is a clear symptom of the rot that has set in at the club. For every Soligo on the list there are three or four of Jones, McHenry or McAsey.

the whole place stinks to high heaven and the above are clear sign posts on the field of how the entire joint is failing.

Until there is a wholesale purge nothing will change.

No it wasn’t! He had every right to ask questions. I don’t think you’ve seen a tantrum before. He was genuinely pissed off, he bleeds AFC

I know I might be the minority here and this is shaped a lot by my experiences in sport, but emotion is not an excuse for treating an umpire like that, nor is the fact that the umpire made a mistake.

Answer me this, if we had lost the game because Nankervis or someone of similar experience made a very basic error, and Walker had given him the same treatment what would your thoughts of that be?

Umpires should be critiqued and held to a high standard, but they also should be treated with respect as a human being. What Walker did was take all his frustration and vent it on to one person and that’s not okay.

Good thread.

I don’t think it’s ever been so apparent regarding how broken the club is.

The past 7 or 8 years have been absolutely dire from a player development perspective.

Our best two players were developed elsewhere (Daws and Ranks). Our next best player (Walker) was developed in a gone by era.

This is a clear symptom of the rot that has set in at the club. For every Soligo on the list there are three or four of Jones, McHenry or McAsey.

the whole place stinks to high heaven and the above are clear sign posts on the field of how the entire joint is failing.

Until there is a wholesale purge nothing will change.
I wish we lost to Carlton now.

I know I might be the minority here and this is shaped a lot by my experiences in sport, but emotion is not an excuse for treating an umpire like that, nor is the fact that the umpire made a mistake.

Answer me this, if we had lost the game because Nankervis or someone of similar experience made a very basic error, and Walker had given him the same treatment what would your thoughts of that be?

Umpires should be critiqued and held to a high standard, but they also should be treated with respect as a human being. What Walker did was take all his frustration and vent it on to one person and that’s not okay.
Lol

He definitely did not come across particularly well, no. Umpire is obviously not going to change his decision so was totally pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back