Religion The Bible: Literal, figurative, bulldust?

Remove this Banner Ad

1. How did they not know it was Elijah.
It's a claim, you tell me how did they know Moses and Elijah?

2. Josephus is not a credible source according to scholars.
Josephus forgery included, mentions nothing about Jesus doing anything remotely godly or anything earth shattering.

Wanna try again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair dinkum; read it until you understand it.
I did, they are speculating. 100 different possibilities. None of them mentioned in the Bible.

The Gospels do not explain how the disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration, so any answer is a guess.
Possible ways the disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah:
  • Jesus referred to them by name in his conversation with them, and the disciples overheard it.
  • The disciples overheard the conversation, and the context informed them with whom Jesus was speaking.
  • They had something unique about their appearance that made them readily recognizable (Exodus 34:29; 2 Kings 1:8).
  • There was some sort of heavenly announcement that wasn’t recorded in the Gospels.
  • Jesus explained to the disciples who they were.
  • They were divinely inspired to recognize them, similar to God’s revelation to Peter that Jesus is the messiah.

I did, they are speculating. 100 different possibilities. None of them mentioned in the Bible.

The Gospels do not explain how the disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration, so any answer is a guess.
Possible ways the disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah:
  • Jesus referred to them by name in his conversation with them, and the disciples overheard it.
  • The disciples overheard the conversation, and the context informed them with whom Jesus was speaking.
  • They had something unique about their appearance that made them readily recognizable (Exodus 34:29; 2 Kings 1:8).
  • There was some sort of heavenly announcement that wasn’t recorded in the Gospels.
  • Jesus explained to the disciples who they were.
  • They were divinely inspired to recognize them, similar to God’s revelation to Peter that Jesus is the messiah.

Are any of your ideas your own; or do I need to buy Barts book to know what you’re thinking?

I like this bit evolved2 , when can we have the heavenly announcement of Hinkley's sacking.
I'm still not sure where I stand on Hinkley, but Port have a premiership standard list to me. Just lacking that hardness when the pressure is on for some reason. I think that issue goes back further than Hinkley tbh. Look at some of the final series in the early 2000s and even the 2007 grand final.

I'd take that over Essendons last 20 years.

I'm still not sure where I stand on Hinkley, but Port have a premiership standard list to me. Just lacking that hardness when the pressure is on for some reason. I think that issue goes back further than Hinkley tbh. Look at some of the final series in the early 2000s and even the 2007 grand final.

I'd take that over Essendons last 20 years.
I wouldn't. I would rather be s**t than **** up premiership window for the past decade or so. What a wasted generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back