Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's not committed and wants to walk into success at another club so be it.

We should trade at end of year for a leader type mid or defender.
May need to offer big coin.
We need players that can lead.

When was the last time you’ve seen a big player for player trade? Every club that wants him would just wait for his FA status or at best offer us a pick or two. We won’t get any solid player in return, let alone a leader or a KP

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll just say it . He.Ain’t.That.*******.Good.

You lot are nuts and get caught up with an act of brilliance here and there. He doesn’t give a s**t if he hasn’t the ball. Isn’t a leader. Isn’t a Cpt.

Send him on his way, be brave FFS North.
Well I was just given the Cam and LDU statues what am I to do with these now . I suppose they will go the way of my Browny doll, Ryce Shaw socks and my JHF signed number 1 draft pick guernseys.

I'm conflicted on LDU. On one hand, he's our only non-ruck player attending 80%+ of centre bounces - and on the other hand, how good is he really if he's doing that and we're still having 20 minute periods every game being smashed in centre clearances?

Another guy in the age group that should be taking the lead but looks like leaving. Then s**t falls to younger guys who in turn get fed up with the bottom finishes and go on to leave as well.

We're just going to be stuck in a vortex.

We 100% need to do whatever we can to keep him.

Obviously defensively has some downfalls but is a very very good footballer.

On his day he is our best player.
If there is any doubt in his mind about wanting to be part of the club, then he probably needs to go.

Is there any beef between him and Clarkson? There have been a few weird exchanges in announcement vids over the last 12 months.

We should be preparing to lose him and gaining as much as we possibly can trade-wise.

Micky P is on the money. If I arrived from Mars and stumbled across this site. I’d think I’m following this club they sound unbeatable.

My thoughts are a midfield of Wardlaw, Simpkin, McKercher, Smillie and Sheezel would be fine.

Beats LDU , Phillip and Powell hands down.

As I said last week put him up for trade with a year to run and see what comes of it.

* him and our underperforming players.

We ain’t the Salvos fy&i

I could drop that gif about all bar 3 or 4 players be fair.

None of these blokes have helped us win more than 3 games a year since cocky was an egg.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching instability has had a massive effect on not just LDU but the majority of our players (constant game changes)I think this yr he has been one of our better players, we would be much worse without him.Confidence is extremely low and players don’t have belief in each other either. The AFLs difficult early draw to the start of the yr hasn’t helped the youngest team in the league either.

Last edited:
That first video interview with the Saints website where we get LDU grinning into the camera and delivering a "I loved my time at North and I have made plenty of mates for life there but I am excited about joining the Sainters, a team I've always admired, and delivering the ball to Maxy King and reading it off Rowan's hand, is something I'm really looking forward to" is going to hit like absolute crack cocaine.

That first video interview with the Saints website where we get LDU grinning into the camera and delivering a "I loved my time at North and I have made plenty of mates for life there but I am excited about joining the Sainters, a team I've always admired, and delivering the ball to Maxy King and reading it off Rowan's hand, is something I'm really looking forward to" is going to hit like absolute crack cocaine.
"Yeah I was a Rye boy growing up so not far from Seaford and the Bayside suburbs ha ha. I think Ross has got the club humming and I'm so excited to see what we can produce in the next few years"

You need to look at some of the blokes who are the common denominator in our poor period of 2019 until now. McKay was one, TT was one and LDU is another. Zurhaar too. Simpkin and McDonald are the others. These are all infected. They are ruined.

The only one I'm yet to mention is Larkey. I hold grave concerns for him.

The poor guy has seen more senior coaches than wins in his time at the club and I don't blame him for considering his options.

I hope he stays.
This isn’t u12s or suburban footy. He is getting excess of half a mill a year to play a game. A game. All the while being supported by a small army of people dedicated to getting the best out of him.

He is gifted with the best work out of congestion we have seen since Judd. That is a massive ace. And he doesn’t have the heart to turn it into a royal flush for himself???

There has been so much (rightful) heat applied to all areas of the club. If he doesn’t come out guns blazing against Adelaide, the horse has bolted.

Last edited:
You think LDUs inability to play the arcs is due to coaching changes.

He needs to pull his finger out of his arse and lead ffs. Or * off.
I mentioned that his attitude was a ginormous concern in the preseason games where he was barely coasting.

I was shot down by firing squad by most on here. It was true then. It is true now. He hasn’t got the mindset/stones to be a great North player. At present, he is an almost -player, one we think hopefully about his potential rather than his results.

It’s bloody sad as he seems like a great person and could legitimately be a top 5 player in the comp. He had the media preseason in froths too so he could snag a Brownlow at the Saints, Geelong or Essendon.

You need to look at some of the blokes who are the common denominator in our poor period of 2019 until now. McKay was one, TT was one and LDU is another. Zurhaar too. Simpkin and McDonald are the others. These are all infected. They are ruined.

The only one I'm yet to mention is Larkey. I hold grave concerns for him.
Unfortunately you maybe correct, but as I said changing coach so often will hurt development, belief and confidence and it has. So they can stick phat and help has get better and make us great again or as some have said leave. I can understand everyone’s frustrations we are all sick of it .

Last edited:
I mentioned that his attitude was a ginormous concern in the preseason games where he was barely coasting.
Yep, I was right there with ya.
FWIW, I don’t blame him if his attitude is off, holding off talks, thinking of leaving. I don’t blame any of our players for looking elsewhere. I would be too

Someone needs to sit him down and say this is your club now. It's your midfield, you are the leader. At 24 and coming up to 100 games, you need to stop looking for everyone else to step up. If it means you put the club on your back and drag them along with you, so be it. That's what makes the greats great. And you can be a great, but nobody can make you great but yourself.
Its sheezels club now, he should be licking his bootlaces and begging so be allowed to stay.

I'll go against the flow and say I reckon people are over-reacting.

He's contracted until the end of next year.

An early contract extension when he's down on form simply costs him money. His manager would be doing him a disservice if he accepted an extension now.

I reckon they're hoping he will play himself back into some good form and THEN that's when they'll seek a contract extension, maximising his renumeration.

can you blame him? i’d be doing anything to get out of this s***hole. mckay and goldie must be thanking their lucky stars atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back