Analysis The trash talk of Nmfc - we need to talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should supporters of other clubs go easy on North Melbourne or why should they comment on the club and players with any degree of informed knowledge and reason when 90% of North Melbourne supporters on here bag the club and players mercilessly and with the same amount of ignorance?

Do you get a bit sick of the North jokes you cop every week in real life?

I’m sick of it

What is your experience in this pit of AFL Hell that we are mired in?
You need to become more like Passmore and give off the kind of vibes that suggests you are somewhat "unpredictable". The kind of person who, after a few too many anti-North jokes, might urinate in a petrol tank or even a stubby if the opportunity arose.

Why should supporters of other clubs go easy on North Melbourne or why should they comment on the club and players with any degree of informed knowledge and reason when 90% of North Melbourne supporters on here bag the club and players mercilessly and with the same amount of ignorance?
It is alright for us. Their teams are flogs and we are not them.

You need to become more like Passmore and give off the kind of vibes that suggests you are somewhat "unpredictable". The kind of person who, after a few too many anti-North jokes, might urinate in a petrol tank or even a stubby if the opportunity arose.

Just give off a vibe that violence can’t be ruled out if you choose to continue with your crap.

There is only one solution to this and we have no control over it. Ws solve most of this.

Imo the real world is made up of 3 types of people when it comes to footy.

Those that understand it’s a cycle. They likely watch their team every week and go as much as they can. They probably have experienced some level of heart break. Most of these people get it and are likely above kicking a supporter when they’re down.

There’s those that either don’t know it’s a cycle or they’ve forgotten. Ignorance is some way to and excuse for poor shots. Arrogance just makes me wish their club ill will. These people likely go often (the arrogant absolutely go often). They’re also likely fair weather.

Then there’s those who have a team and periodically follow a team and likely rarely go but can take easy shots because it’s fish in a barrel.

My advice?

Find more of the first kind and take names of the second. Disregard the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't think it's a thing.

There is a residual perception that a game against the roos is going to be difficult.

I've got a Carlton mate who still thinks every game he plays against us will be the one they drop.

It took us nearly 50 years to get that reputation. We have just about lost it.

My two-club-but-mostly-Pies-and-fair-enough son fished out his North hoodie this week - basically said that if you support North everyone is sad for you and leaves you alone, but if you support Collingwood and they have a loss everyone is lining up with big banter.

My two-club-but-mostly-Pies-and-fair-enough son fished out his North hoodie this week - basically said that if you support North everyone is sad for you and leaves you alone, but if you support Collingwood and they have a loss everyone is lining up with big banter.

IMG_0345.gif

Do you get a bit sick of the North jokes you cop every week in real life?

I’m sick of it

What is your experience in this pit of AFL Hell that we are mired in?

Yep I was in a public shitter in North Melb just last yesterday and a dude in the next stall was backing one out. And I could tell by his Julius Marlows he was a man of means. Probably a Dees supporter.
And he yelled out , " darn you North Melb where is the four-ply". He was insunating we couldn't afford s**t paper in our local dunnies.
Well joke was on him, cause I'd knocked it all off just minutes earlier.

I don’t cop any. People clearly know better.

Same, plus I never dish it out, and didn’t when we were marching all over all in Sunbury during the 90’s.

A mate of a mate came out with a snide remark a couple of months ago and my mate eyeballed him and said “we don’t hang s**t on each other’s clubs!”

Staring Jaap Stam GIF by Manchester United

We deserve it. Club’s in an embarrassing point in its history. What do you even say in retort? Nothing.

All the other clubs are dogs anyway.
We definitely dont deserve it. We are the greatest club on the planet win lose or draw. REAL SUPPORTERS STICK BY THE CLUB IN THESE TRYING TIMES. Its easy when we are winning but the club needs its supporters even more when things are not going how we would like but it will turn around you can take that to the bank.

I still don't think it's a thing.

There is a residual perception that a game against the roos is going to be difficult.

I've got a Carlton mate who still thinks every game he plays against us will be the one they drop.

It took us nearly 50 years to get that reputation. We have just about lost it.

Must be a completely different Carlton supporter to the any I've ever met. Most of them are arrogant and think we're beneath them and our constant years of beating them was some sort of an oversight on their behalf, ie - we had injuries or some other blah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back