Opinion The Ruck. We need to talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Starts in the middle and the middle, well…
you highlighted a multiyear deal on the table.

i don't see signing him an issue - we can still go shopping for a replacement next off season if either:

1) we don't see him improve in the areas we need him to

or

2) we can't make the areas he excel work for us

all i'm saying is that - sign him (he more valuable to us that way) and then work out this year if he continues to be our no 1. option.

Doesn't tell the full story. The quality of the hits and skills are stratospheres apart.

Let alone Gawn and Goldstein ability to play as KPP.

Agree with that, however the potential is there, and we know X can kick goals. If he is doing more or less what Goldy and Gawn did at the same age in at least SOME categories, that's not too bad. Something to work with. Let's hope Monky can keep finding improvement in X's game. Also coming off a major injury last year as well, which will take time. I don't think Goldy or Gawn had similar problems in their development. At the moment, I am happy with how he is tracking.

I assume Xerri is following instructions from Monky and Patch, and not just doing his own thing every time, definitely huge room for improvement coaching wise here, somehow gotta synergise his strength's with his midfielder's, especially at centre bounces.
That's a good point. The only thing is they can't drop him because there's nobody to replace him.

I was just walking back from 114 Flinders St, and in the distance I saw what I thought was our midfield group doing some additional training with a tennis ball, which I thought was novel.

But on closer inspection the joke was well and truly on me. I saw this

1713411416298.png

I was just walking back from 114 Flinders St, and in the distance I saw what I thought was our midfield group doing some additional training with a tennis ball, which I thought was novel.

But on closer inspection the joke was well and truly on me. I saw this

View attachment 1962908

Well, we could put names to them…..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back