Analysis We need to chat ( some of our more sensitive posters, probably shouldn't enter)

Remove this Banner Ad

My theory is that six years of getting pumped has ****ed their development. We've hit the Melbourne cycle.
I've commented plenty of times that I'm thankful we didn't mind* a few of our recruits into being duds. Looked like I was saying it prematurely all this time.

If ALISTAIR CLARKSON can’t get them to play with any fire…this is a rebuild the rebuild the rebuild situation. Ffs I’m trying to stop drinking, this team is taking years off my life.

Did you see him laughing when Goldy was getting chaired off? He won’t be doing that next year. It won’t be long until he’s punching holes in walls, and that’s when these imposters will wake up.
Pretty strange if he’s laughing after that effort.

We are five games into Clarko's first season after three of the worst seasons in NMFC history, and as bad as today was, I want to see how we respond next week before blowing a gasket.
The response was poor, not happy with what I saw today. We need everyone performing at or near their best to be competitive, and we are not getting that at the moment. Not sure what players like Howe, Turner and Taylor offer the team and players like Scott, Curtis and Zurhaar are a little under par as well, and I'm sure there are others.

No possible way we playfinals in 2025

Add Simpkin, TT ( yeah, I'm desperate) Wardlaw, Goater, Bergman, George, and are two first rounders later this year into our 2025 side. Trade McKay
and do something fancy with that pick.

So imagine all are well and you're tasked with bringing in those 8 guys, who from yesterday's game makes way?
Would make the side unrecogniseable, fyi.

Add Simpkin, TT ( yeah, I'm desperate) Wardlaw, Goater, Bergman, George, and are two first rounders later this year into our 2025 side. Trade McKay
and do something fancy with that pick.

So imagine all are well and you're tasked with bringing in those 8 guys, who from yesterday's game makes way?
Would make the side unrecogniseable, fyi.
JZ, Cunners, Howe, Turner, Hall.

There's 5, 3 of which will be retired and the other two will get bugger all complaints. I'm not counting Goldy because his replacement will be the Xman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question is…do we take Harley Reid and Nick Watson at 1and 2 or do we try to get a haul of talent?

Good question and well above my pay grade. I'd suggest if we got picks 1 and 2, you'd have no choice but to keep them both. If we ended up with say 5 & 6 you may look at options.

Then of course the PP dilemma. ( AFL dilemma) Should we as now suspected finish 18-16, I cannot see how * we don't get a decent PP.

So finish 17th- pick 2 and 3 ( McKay) pick 4 PP. Then Poorts on top.

We farken need the above scenario to happen. We are horrid, a mess , an on field disaster. Well actually it isn't that bad, just need games and time.

JZ, Cunners, Howe, Turner, Hall.

There's 5, 3 of which will be retired and the other two will get bugger all complaints. I'm not counting Goldy because his replacement will be the Xman.

I'm not writing off either Cunners or JZ. And Goldy for that matter.

(2025)For mine; Turner, Scott, McKay, Taylor, Howl, Hall, Shiels, Greenwood, JZ, Goldy and Cunners.

Yes I'm about 3 short and that is all.

We are getting the number #1 pick for sure. We are definitely the worst side in the competition.

Hey Clarko, if you're reading this I have a question. Have we reached the so called "tipping point" yet?
FWIW I reckon we have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back