Autopsy 2024 Rd 7 Blues Go Down To Classy Cats In A Belter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible game of footy because of the frustration and consistent underperformers shitting the bed. Owies durdin acres first 3 qtrs Holland's Carrol. Then there's too many errors from newman kemp young and Williams in defense. That was a pathetic group performance from them expecting weitering to do everything. Christ. In the game because pitto and Cripps play Superman in the middle and the smalls at each end and on the wing shit themselves

One of the biggest what ifs games I can remember in a long, long time.

This whole club can learn a lot from someone like Acres. Makes mistakes, but never, EVER stops. Absolute warrior for this club.

Let’s use this ******* anger against the filth next Friday.
He is an absolute monster yet still remains underrated I feel by our supporters.

What a ****ing beast Blake Acres is.

Make no mistake, that was a horrendous result. Score board flattered us in the end. That was a 5 goal loss to a team that played in awful conditions last week. We should have ran over the top them. Not the other way around. We need some troops back asap. We need to make changes. Hollands has got to go. Owies the same. Shit performance. Shit result. Just shit.

Can’t blame umpiring, Cats had a lot of frees missed too. The big one was Williams being hit high being missed that led to Henry’s goal but we got the soft push on Harry up forward.

Goal kicking is a problem, but more importantly we need to get easier shots. Owies had a really easy shot that he missed, but a lot of misses today were from further out or under pressure. Hopefully Voss focuses on the mid to forward connection this week.

I liked Binns aggression, I’d like to see him get another game next week. Maybe put him in to start with Ollie as the sub.

I’m not happy with the game but I’m not mad, considering injuries we pushed the top side right now til the end and come finals we’ll hopefully be in a better spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only caught bits and pieces because of work. Sounds like a great game of footy. Seemed like if Durdin kicks that easy shot we had a real good chance at winning. Geelong just too clinical when it mattered. Did well to claw the margin back but the game was over by then.

I dont think its fair to isolate certain poor players from this game.

The effort across the board was good again and we got the ball in f50 plenty of times.

We just didn't have our kicking boots on for whatever reason - as strange as it was

Cripps was an exception though - was deadly in front of goals :)

Too much wasted opportunity, Cats made us pay for it . The balance between our turnover and stoppage game seems to have gone back the other way again. Really good out of the middle, but shown up by the best turnover team in the comp. The threat of Martin and Motlop was sorely missed with Owies and Durdin having shockers. E Hollands has been getting better every week, adds a lot to the mix. On to the Pies.

I'm not going to go to town on a young player like Corey Durdin, but he will need to clean up that efficiency in front of goal (particularly in clutch moments) if he wants to stay in this team long term. It did potentially cost us today, but obviously he wasn't the only one.

Make no mistake, that was a horrendous result. Score board flattered us in the end. That was a 5 goal loss to a team that played in awful conditions last week. We should have ran over the top them. Not the other way around. We need some troops back asap. We need to make changes. Hollands has got to go. Owies the same. s**t performance. s**t result. Just s**t.
Scoreboard DID NOT FLATTER US

Back