Autopsy 2024 Rd 8 Disappointing loss for Blues

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day, two decent teams battled it out for four quarters and we were on the wrong side of the ledger. There’s many moments in a game that contribute to the result, none more than Harry pinpointing the Collingwood player in the middle of 3 Blues.
But f.. me, Lewis Young’s attempt on the ground ball in the second quarter which led to Collingwood’s first goal of their run was deplorable, unforgivable. My grandma of 90 could have got lower than that. It was a monumental momentum sucker and changed the course of the game.

Durdin 5 disposals @ 40% efficiency, 0 contested possessions, 0 tackles, 9 pressure acts, 0 score involvements

Fantasia 4 disposals @ 75% efficiency, 4 contested possessions, 2 tackles, 10 pressure acts, 1 score involvement

Certainly can't just single out Fantasia here.

I feel like Hewett has been exposed a bit this season. Ball in hand he's been rather poor. He's our best defensive mid for sure but this season he's been poor ball in hand and isn't breaking tackles like he once did. If he doesn't break a tackle he's not mobile enough to step through so he's got nothing else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We move on. Maybe the boys will be so stung we'll go on another run. Need to change some things though.

Yeah I'm already chilled out. Must be my old 21st century Carlton supporting coping mechanism kicking in.

I must admit I had already expected this kind of effort before the game.

It's 21st century Carlton. One day we'll live up to the hype.

Pretty low footy IQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So much of our footy is low IQ, it's so frustrating to watch.
Handballs to feet, handballs backwards, handballs to someone who is already hot.
Players losing their feet, players not taking the first, easy option.
Turning the ball over then Pies gunning forwards with all defence out of position.
Players unaware they are hot.

In the middle we rely on contest, but have no smarts whatsoever when trying to clear the ball. It's bash, crash and hope.

Up front it's long bombs to the talls and hoping for a mark.

Such a disappointment.

Back