Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried to avoid him they both zigged when one should have zagged, nothing in it at all. The hit on Hastie is another thing all together, that will be looked at.

He braced and Darcy stayed open. Wardlaw was lucky that he didn't get the head or he would have been out for weeks. Most of those type of hits are no different but if you bump you roll the dice.

My son grew 5 cm between his 18th and 19th birthdays. He stopped growing after that.

My too, stopped growing at 16 or 17 then at 18 grew another 6 cm out of nowhere.

He braced and Darcy stayed open. Wardlaw was lucky that he didn't get the head or he would have been out for weeks. Most of those type of hits are no different but if you bump you roll the dice.
I don’t think Wardlaw had any intent at all but you’re absolutely right, if he got the head he’d have been gone. He didn’t and he’ll be clear.

Whether we like it or not that much has been pretty consistent.

My too, stopped growing at 16 or 17 then at 18 grew another 6 cm out of nowhere.
I grew 6 inches / 15 cm when I was 13 - was totally uncoordinated for 6 - 12 months due to it I believe.
I went from being one of the smallest kids in Form 3 at he start of the year to being one of the tallest by the end
of the year. Very ****ing weird.

Last edited:
Is ridiculous all the King bashers, when he's fit & healthy he's great. Comes back from injury, which he's had his fair share of. Has a poor game and the daggers come out to cull him. Fickle lot.
Is he that great though?
He could be...he has all the tools to be a star of the game.
But he is very hit and miss, and inconsistent. Been on the list for 6 years now. Criticism is warranted, and questions should be asked.
To me he is not a full forward. He should be up the ground and away from goals.

Is he that great though?
But he is very hit and miss, and inconsistent. Been on the list for 6 years now. Criticism is warranted, and questions should be asked.
Still only 23y.o, took 3 seasons to build his body & has had many injury interruptions. Yes, I think he deserves a break from a lot of ridiculous comments.

Is he that great though?

Its utter rubbish that he’s inconsistent. His 2023 season was as consistent as you can get (averaged 2 & a bit per game with no big bags that distorted that).

Had a stinker last night no doubt.

17 other clubs would be clamouring for his signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonner has been better with his defensive work in the last 2 weeks. He also allows Sinclair to run free through the midfield. Thought Stocker was pretty solid too. People were harsh on him.

Hit at least 3 passes that resulted in a mark inside 50 too. (Hayes, Wilson, Membery)

I know he turnt it over a couple of times as well but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

A few people here only see the bad.

Hit at least 3 passes that resulted in a mark inside 50 too. (Hayes, Wilson, Membery)

I know he turnt it over a couple of times as well but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I’m very harsh on him. He’s been good for what he is.

Yep - not sure what people would prefer.

Taking an attacking option and creating a chance of a clean inside 50 or slow sideways slow movement that just gives the oppo every chance to outnumber in defence.

Bonner's overall DE is usually high. But yeah he's had some bad clangers that have resulted in easy turnover goals. But you can add Nas, Stocker & Webster to that list as well as Sincs when he first came back. And the knock I have on Stocker is that he is too slow to handle the premier small forwards. We need to add a small backman to the list for next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modern footy is about taking high risk kicks to open up the field and move the ball before defences can set up ahead of it. Collingwood do it and occasionally the ball turns over. They won the flag doing it.

I'm not sure if King is good or not. He has dry spells like most key forwards. I'm not a great fan of his overall demeanour, but he has the club's hopes on his shoulders and the best tall defender of every team on his back.

Only thing I would say is: if he had grown up as a fan of Hawthorn and not St Kilda, I reckon our attitude to him would be quite different. He is pretty lucky in that regard, and maybe we are too.

I really hope he comes good, he is as St Kilda as they get.

How many active posters does this board have?

That's roughly how many more recounts of pubescent altitude we need in here.

Let's play guess which poster is 5'2"

I'm not sure if King is good or not. He has dry spells like most key forwards. I'm not a great fan of his overall demeanour, but he has the club's hopes on his shoulders and the best tall defender of every team on his back.

Only thing I would say is: if he had grown up as a fan of Hawthorn and not St Kilda, I reckon our attitude to him would be quite different. He is pretty lucky in that regard, and maybe we are too.

I really hope he comes good, he is as St Kilda as they get.

He's heading for a Joe Daniher career not Lockett which is still a decent standard.

He's heading for a Joe Daniher career not Lockett which is still a decent standard.
Save for a select few most of the criticism of King comes from KNOWING he can be better than he is.

The attitude stuff is within his control, we’ve seen how good he can be when he’s working up and back and we want that more.

Seeing him stand flat footed in the square calling for a 70m bomb on his head then getting stroppy when he doesn’t mark it or get a free is just not it.

Holding a player to a standard like that is rough. If they don’t immediately start kicking goals at record pace then they’re already falling behind the goals per year required rate. Any injury years or development years just push that number up.

Then by a few years in it’s pretty obvious they’re genuinely incapable of reaching that “generational level”

Holding a player to a standard like that is rough. If they don’t immediately start kicking goals at record pace then they’re already falling behind the goals per year required rate. Any injury years or development years just push that number up.

Then by a few years in it’s pretty obvious they’re genuinely incapable of reaching that “generational level”
It’s not hyperbole to suggest King can win multiple Coleman’s.

He has all the tools and ability to be that good.

It’s not hyperbole to suggest King can win multiple Coleman’s.

He has all the tools and ability to be that good.
We all have to give the guy sometime , he has hardly had a great start to the year due to interruptions - but with every game I'm sure he we get some touch back and once he does along side Hayes and Henry it is going to be great to watch.

We all have to give the guy sometime , he has hardly had a great start to the year due to interruptions - but with every game I'm sure he we get some touch back and once he does along side Hayes and Henry it is going to be great to watch.
The issue and the criticism isn’t about his form or his touch it’s workrate and attitude. Both things within his control.

Now granted the workrate could be injury related but the attitude isn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back