Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 16 - Roys FFC v East Side Hawks at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Chezzalenko Reborn is probably the most unreliable player we have in terms of showing up :D He disappears sometimes for multiple seasons at a time, then suddenly surfaces and launches a liquid typewriter at the screen. Recently he's been a bit more regular, but enough about his digestion.

Kept on the list despite an eerie quietitude, it had seemed a wrong choice until he suddenly showed in the 3rd round and set himself one of his highest activity levels since his day of Qooty birth. His reinvigoration found him moved onto the ball mid-season, but as numbers again dropped off he found himself omitted until another blip appeared on the radar. Back in the team in a role of less responsibility, we are now left with only the question of whether his posts should get site approval.

I've given Chezz a pretty important role, that of the major stopper at full back. He's responded well and I feel satisfied to let him settle deeper into that possie for now.

RU_ will be the next player to get a quick plastic review on why he's where he currently is on the picking list.

The first of the players to be mentioned who were not in the starting 20 last week, RU_ is rarely sighted these days, though not entirely absent. He did show up as I was selecting a 20 for our preseason practice match, and he played that game. But due to issues at training, that was his last run until Rd 8, where he helped fill a gap when available players were low.

At this point, we can't fit RU into the 20, but he's a listed player and you never know what might happen as we review the list each week.

Onward next to ruckperson DERRINALPHIL .

DERRINALPHIL is the first to admit he isn't even sure what the heck he's meant to do here :D And yet he's always double figures in the thread! He communicated well to announce a likely absence and pops in regularly to have a chat, picking up existing topics in match threads and giving his thoughts on each along with some of the most startling true stories I've ever heard.

On the ground, we rely on Phil to give us first use of the ball and his record speaks for itself. Still to this day openly unsure what the point is, DERRINALPHIL holds down the ruckperson position and challengers are few and far between. Solid onfield, solid in the match thread (a 15'er for the last 5 rounds), Phil can rest easy his possie is currently safe.

I do suspect MrsEddieBetts is one of those few challengers, which is why Mebby will be the subject of the next writeup.

Last edited:

DERRINALPHIL is the first to admit he isn't even sure what the heck he's meant to do here :D And yet he's always double figures in the thread! He communicated well to announce a likely absence and pops in regularly to have a chat, picking up existing topics in match threads and giving his thoughts on each along with some of the most startling true stories I've ever heard.

On the ground, we rely on Phil to give us first use of the ball and his record speaks for itself. Still to this day openly unsure what the point is, DERRINALPHIL holds down the ruckperson position and challengers are few and far between. Solid onfield, solid in the match thread (a 15'er for the last 5 rounds), Phil can rest easy his possie is currently safe.

I do suspect MrsEddieBetts is one of those few challengers, which is why Mebby will be the subject of the next writeup.
Mrs DP might have to sort out MreEddieBetts. She is very protective.

Comfortably ensconced in the position of rover, royboy2 has floated in and out of match threads every week without going overboard. He hasn't been a 15'er since the earliest rounds, but he's always made an appearance and the content is usually meticulous.

Onfield Roy Boitu, as he is nonetimes known, commonly features among the R'o'y's' best, and the club would lack crumbpower without his cheeky presentation around the packs.

With his thread activity offering up equal cheek, rb2 can feel confident it would take plenty to dislodge him.

Now let's talk of those who have tried to dislodge rb2 in the past. Next we'll speak of Chezzalenko Reborn

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
All in good fun

rb2_v_chezz.gif

Mrs DP might have to sort out MreEddieBetts. She is very protective.
Bring it on
angry girl fight GIF

MrsEddieBetts has had some ups and downs as an active participant in our threads. But we can't always be there every day, and slower spells come with communications meaning Mebby gets a guernsey most weeks. Only been dropped once this season now that I check into the data!

Currently working hard off the bench where she racked up 0 stats last week, can rest assured if you look at the week before that number is doubled! This time I'm deadset certain she'll get a run on the ground and not confined to the pine.

Coming up next, a little about TheGoatBaron .

MrsEddieBetts has had some ups and downs as an active participant in our threads. But we can't always be there every day, and slower spells come with communications meaning Mebby gets a guernsey most weeks. Only been dropped once this season now that I check into the data!

Currently working hard off the bench where she racked up 0 stats last week, can rest assured if you look at the week before that number is doubled! This time I'm deadset certain she'll get a run on the ground and not confined to the pine.

Coming up next, a little about TheGoatBaron .
Oh dear god!!! :eek:

So ... TheGoatBaron ... where do I start!

Well let's start with the fact this bloke had not only been out of the league many seasons, he'd been basically out of the site for the most part, too. I am pretty certain that when he was finally badgered into signing on with the Roys, he didn't expect to be delivering dozens of posts per round, receiving rave reviews from various opposition, nor sitting at full forward pretty much writing his own ticket! And yet, here we are.

It's hard to believe tGB didn't post at all in Rd3. Because since then his output has increased every game until he's literally a show for the IMS Award this season (named after an opponent from the Hawks we are meeting this week, Itsmyshow ). Endlessly generating discussion, even if only with himself, and always bringing along buddies to create further confusion, TheGoatBaron is one of a 15'er for the last 7 weeks and already a household name. If only he was a rookie! shakes fist

Ok, sure, he can talk about some unfathomably weird crap sometimes, and then just throw in a youtube link as though someone somewhere anyone anywhere asked for it :D But you reward players who keep a team humming along, and that's why he's at full forward.

(there's also the fact he kicked about 6 goals last week, let's not forget that).

And now, as requested, a bunch of expletives:

Hmm the site mods must have removed them. So mean.

Let's go put SpecialBruce on the podium for a bit of a treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mrs DP reckons I am hitting my straps cooking, Marvellous tender veal with my favourite vegie combo tonight.

Put them in the microwave to tender them a bit. Then some tomato paste with some Keens curry powder (from a tin. not the plastic receptacles they sell now) mixed in, with some tasty cheese to melt over them. Into the oven for a bake.

This works especially well with tired vegies. You know when you just couldn't get to the shops for a couple of days and the view when you open the vegie crisper in the fridge isn't inspiring,

Mrs DP reckons I am hitting my straps cooking, Marvellous tender veal with my favourite vegie combo tonight.

Put them in the microwave to tender them a bit. Then some tomato paste with some Keens curry powder (from a tin. not the plastic receptacles they sell now) mixed in, with some tasty cheese to melt over them. Into the oven for a bake.

This works especially well with tired vegies. You know when you just couldn't get to the shops for a couple of days and the view when you open the vegie crisper in the fridge isn't inspiring,
I tried to make Cantonese beef tonight but it turned out too spicy. Hoping it's better tomorrow after it's been in the fridge overnight.

So ... TheGoatBaron ... where do I start!

Well let's start with the fact this bloke had not only been out of the league many seasons, he'd been basically out of the site for the most part, too. I am pretty certain that when he was finally badgered into signing on with the Roys, he didn't expect to be delivering dozens of posts per round, receiving rave reviews from various opposition, nor sitting at full forward pretty much writing his own ticket! And yet, here we are.

It's hard to believe tGB didn't post at all in Rd3. Because since then his output has increased every game until he's literally a show for the IMS Award this season (named after an opponent from the Hawks we are meeting this week, Itsmyshow ). Endlessly generating discussion, even if only with himself, and always bringing along buddies to create further confusion, TheGoatBaron is one of a 15'er for the last 7 weeks and already a household name. If only he was a rookie! shakes fist

Ok, sure, he can talk about some unfathomably weird crap sometimes, and then just throw in a youtube link as though someone somewhere anyone anywhere asked for it :D But you reward players who keep a team humming along, and that's why he's at full forward.

(there's also the fact he kicked about 6 goals last week, let's not forget that).

And now, as requested, a bunch of expletives:

Hmm the site mods must have removed them. So mean.

Let's go put SpecialBruce on the podium for a bit of a treatment.
Can the highlighted bit send you blind? blind.gif

SpecialBruce used to play some qooty back in the day. Had a bit of a reputation too. How times have changed, with this humble, unassuming introvert back at the Roys to delicately tiptoe into every one of our match threads to date.

Ok ok, I'm not fooling anybody. SpecialBruce is our own resident figjam :D Happy to sing his own praises and sometimes even notice he's part of a team. Though he actually apologised for his game the other day, a game in which he still featured among the best.

That's right, SB has been a high performer onfield since snaffling an onball role some point into the season. Exemplary performance at ballgetting. A B&F smoky? Sure! Why not!

SpecialBruce doesn't post a lot, never reached a 15'er rating, though he's been 10+ on occasions. And more importantly, he's shown every week (usually to bag everyone on the other team, and I'm sure in his head he's bagging his teammates too!). Not a prolific participant, but an always active and reliable one.

Brucey holds down the ruck-rover possie these days, and he's been a prime mover in that spot. Immovable at this point.

Next to be dissected will be the STOTLE

SpecialBruce used to play some qooty back in the day. Had a bit of a reputation too. How times have changed, with this humble, unassuming introvert back at the Roys to delicately tiptoe into every one of our match threads to date.

Ok ok, I'm not fooling anybody. SpecialBruce is our own resident figjam :D Happy to sing his own praises and sometimes even notice he's part of a team. Though he actually apologised for his game the other day, a game in which he still featured among the best.

That's right, SB has been a high performer onfield since snaffling an onball role some point into the season. Exemplary performance at ballgetting. A B&F smoky? Sure! Why not!

SpecialBruce doesn't post a lot, never reached a 15'er rating, though he's been 10+ on occasions. And more importantly, he's shown every week (usually to bag everyone on the other team, and I'm sure in his head he's bagging his teammates too!). Not a prolific participant, but an always active and reliable one.

Brucey holds down the ruck-rover possie these days, and he's been a prime mover in that spot. Immovable at this point.

Next to be dissected will be the STOTLE
Blunt dissection?

I spent hours dissecting at Uni. Never found a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back