Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

19 touches, didn't do much else.

Well and truly needs guys like Rockliff (At 100%) and Dayne Beams around him too shine.

Do you guys just want us to say, after 2 rounds, that he wasnt worth us getting so we can validate your opinions?
?

Bastinac's a very decent inside midfielder and a solid AFL footballer.

In a team like yours, he will prove himself to be a good contributor.

In a team like NMFC he was victim of wrong place, wrong time. We're flushed for inside mid depth, it's a strength of our list. Not so yours. I think the trade will turn out to be a win/win in the long run. He isn't going to win the Brownlow, but he'll make Brisbane better.

Does he have a stupid new haircut now?

Seemed like a typical Basti performance. Some ball, little influence, not much defensive application.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is clicking into the midfield very well now. When we get Rockliff and Beams back in and firing he may find himself able to impact the scoreboard some more, and he'll take the weight off Beams shoulders, letting him use his outside class more than he could last year.

Is clicking into the midfield very well now. When we get Rockliff and Beams back in and firing he may find himself able to impact the scoreboard some more, and he'll take the weight off Beams shoulders, letting him use his outside class more than he could last year.

So long as you keep playing him at the coalface and don't try to turn him into a wing/half-forward you'll have a very solid player.

So long as you keep playing him at the coalface and don't try to turn him into a wing/half-forward you'll have a very solid player.

Think hes longterm locked into the permanent inside midfielder, with just the occasional rest up forward.

Seems like he's been a good pick up?
Just always keep him in the midfield - Lions. Very solid player. Sorry that he's gone. He'd be a good player to still have; espically through this bad patch were having at North this season now.

Seems like he's been a good pick up?
Just always keep him in the midfield - Lions. Very solid player. Sorry that he's gone. He'd be a good player to still have; espically through this bad patch were having at North this season now.

Seems so. Nothing special but can play a role. Honestly if he was at North still I would hope he would not be getting a game, even with injuries. Would be fuming if we were leaving Dumont in the twos to play Basti right now for example.

Basti and Greenwood would have been very handy ins with our current outs. Could have been the difference to a win or a loss over the last few weeks by providing more quality mid field depth. Could have pushed a Nahas, Mullet type out - who are admittedly different types of players, but could have facilitated a restructure to provide more quality across the field.

Despite that, I don't begrudge them leaving or Nth doing the trades ( alright - I'm disappointed Greenwood left! - but right decision by the club given $ and cover in that position). We need to trade to bring in more quality (Anderson) and keep evolving the list.

I still don't think Greenwood has replicated his 2014 season yet at Collingwood.
Maybe it really was a flash in the pan.

Basti is just basti, i thought he did some nice things against GWS early.
But faded out of the game, but then again the whole team did.

Will never be any more than a 20-22 disposal mid who kicks 10-15 goals a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back