Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

You mustn't have seen the game where Mick McGuane (one of the most skilled and neatest kicks from the 1990 team) had jabs before the game and stubbed or missed his foot with his first 6 kicks! He ended up handballing everything because he couldn't feel his legs!
Collingwood vs Adelaide, Victoria Park, circa 199...4? I was there but I can't remember the exact year. McGuane was my favourite player and I had 34 on my jumper, so was pretty flabbergasted at what was going on with his kicking.

Maynard is a favourite in my household, he has a crack and in time hopefully become a 200+ player for us.

Good to have a guy like this in the team and kudos for not dropping his bundle too.

Good signs for the future and turning out to be a breakout year for him.

Break out year...? I think you are being a bit liberal with the phrase...

A break out year is typically one where a player goes from being a bit part contributor to the side to a genuinely strong player in the side.. If this is Maynard's breakout year then he has a very very low ceiling...

I am not convinced with Maynard at all - it will be interesting to see whether he plays much when Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg are available.

A break out year is typically one where a player goes from being a bit part contributor to the side to a genuinely strong player in the side.. If this is Maynard's breakout year then he has a very very low ceiling...

I am not convinced with Maynard at all - it will be interesting to see whether he plays much when Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg are available.
I think it will be more interesting to see whether Langdon plays much with Ramsay, Maynard and Scharenberg available.

I think it will be more interesting to see whether Langdon plays much with Ramsay, Maynard and Scharenberg available.

Or where they play (in terms of field position)

Last edited:
Yeah but I bet Pendles didn't stub his foot on the ground trying to kick with the result that the ball rolled along the ground to the man on the mark who was then able to soccer it back for a goal to the opposition. The greatest kicks of all time have all shanked kicks straight to the opposition numerous times in their career. But this was SPECIAL! So I think you guys are taking away credit where it's due by comparing this to an ordinary turnover kick. It was a clanger for the ages! .. and it took our finest clanger merchant to accomplish the feat. If there were odds on any player in the AFL doing that last round my money would've been stacked on Maynard before kickoff. That guy delivers!
Maynards kick-in clanger was the worst I have ever seen in my lifetime and pretty funny when you look at it in isolation. I suggest we all just appreciate it for the rarity and comedy gold that it was. He may have peaked early though.. gonna be hard for him to top that one now.
Can someone postthe video sounds hilarious

Pretty sure he will stay with Ramsay and Scharenberg whilst Langdon will find it hard to get back.

We need some mongrel and the others don't offer that at all.

Just hope Ramsay hasn't lost too much after doing the knee, rarely makes players better. Having said that, Petracca doesn't seem to have lost much

His opponent got best on ground and tore us apart with 5 goals while Maynard coughed up even more goals with horrendous mistakes

It's amazing how biased people's views are on Collingwood players, everything through rose glasses
I'd rather be overly biased than rag on absolutely everything seemingly just for the sake of it like some tools around here.

Agree on Maynard though, Friday showed the cons far outweigh the pros at this stage of his career.

Just hope Ramsay hasn't lost too much after doing the knee, rarely makes players better. Having said that, Petracca doesn't seem to have lost much

Maybe in the 90s ( it is retro round after all ) but these days as long as they get over the actual injury players seem to be able to come back pretty well . Especially young players. Menzel has had 4 and still seems to be moving ok. Clay smith has only just returned from 2 or 3 and is going very well. Godard played his best footy after a reco . Bob murphy etc etc etc . My main fear with knees is reoccurrence

His opponent got best on ground and tore us apart with 5 goals while Maynard coughed up even more goals with horrendous mistakes

It's amazing how biased people's views are on Collingwood players, everything through rose glasses
Not from the coaches, didn't poll a single vote in fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is this spud still in the team??
Sinclair MK II. I'll be watching out for your inevitable flip flop when the kid gets more experience and starts playing his best football.

Hoping he turns into a H Shaw ver2.

has the tools, ive been harsh on him this year admiteddly, then I forget he is 19

He will come good in a couple of years , cant expect an A grade defender for a kid that age, hes doing a decent job for us thus far.

Makes silly mistakes decision wise , but I'm sure he will get that out of his game and play percentages

Id say its more williams spot that he is in line to take. We do need a bit of a hard at it type down there. He does drop his bundle a bit, but you could argue no more than Williams. I think if our team gets stronger and hes not left one out under as much pressure as often he could be very handy. Has potential to be a penetrating kick, just needs to get comfortable with the role.

How dare he lose to a player with years of experience on him.

Its not rose coloured glasses, its understanding that maynard is simply a kid but people expect him to play like hes a 5x all australian

Read some of the comments earlier in this thread, many people praising Maynard for his game on the weekend.

It's far from the end of the world that he had a bad game, all kids do, but people were acting like it was a positive thing...

Collingwood vs Adelaide, Victoria Park, circa 199...4? I was there but I can't remember the exact year. McGuane was my favourite player and I had 34 on my jumper, so was pretty flabbergasted at what was going on with his kicking.
Mick was my favourite too, I remember my Grandpa organized to meet him and I got to do an video interview with him for my English assignment. He was a great guy and took me for a tour of Vic Park it was awesome!

Was devastated he ended up going to the scum would have liked to see him stay a one club player...

A lot of people don't like Maynard but I don't understand why, I used to hate him and thought he wasn't AFL standard. But he's still only 19, He's got so much improvement ahead and his decision making and disposal efficiency will only get better. Also Maynard is hard as nails, gives 100% go every contest and won't shy away from contact. He might get goals kicked on him, but a defender isn't going to have a clean sheet every week.

Played very well today and happy we have a 200+ gamer with Maynard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back