Scandal Lachie Whitfield, Gubby Allan investigated for avoiding drug testers

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL won't do anything. It's not the sort of thing easy to prove. Especially with known operators like gubby covering his backside. Especially being a gws golden child no way this gets investigated properly or exposed.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
image.jpeg

"Whitfield stayed at Lambert's home in May last year rather than at his own home, allegedly out of fear he may fail an illicit drug test. Whitfield has said he was suffering from a migraine and it was common for players to stay at Lambert's house rather than stay alone."

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, very common in the AFL. Players sleeping over at the home of their club's welfare manager. Because people in regular jobs often sleep over at their HR manager's house. :drunk:

We really are taken for complete idiots, aren't we? And "a migraine," really? That's the best excuse you can come up with?
As I understand it, Whitfield was breastfed up until the age he was drafted. After he joined GWS, one of Lambert's responsibilities as player welfare manager was to have Whitfield stay with him whenever he was feeling vulnerable, strap on a set of functional rubber boobs and nurse him to sleep with a potent cocktail of S26 Toddler,bourbon and powerful barbiturates. Apparently Whitfield was feeling quite vulnerable throughout the period in question. The story was hushed up by Lambert and Allan because they felt it might reflect poorly on Whitfield and they hadn't checked whether either S26 Toddler or the barbiturates were on the WADA banned list.

Lachie "suckling" Whitfield, Graeme "hush it up" Allan, and Craig "boobs" Lambert are said to be ropable about this story getting out. They suspect the ex-girlfriend is behind it - not because of the drug-testing regime, but apparently she gave Lachie an ultimatum, "It's his boobs or mine, you choose!". He chose Lambert.

True story.

Well i for one am satisfied that if a "senior counsel hired by GWS" has found that there is nothing to see here...then there is nothing to see here.

I am also satisfied that if the AFL Integrity Unit have been investigating this for 18 months then it means they are just being very thorough.

I am also satisfied that it is just co-incidental that this has been leaked before the Sydney Final and that Sydney would not have known about this scuttlebutt from across town for yonks.

"Whitfield stayed at Lambert's home in May last year rather than at his own home, allegedly out of fear he may fail an illicit drug test. Whitfield has said he was suffering from a migraine and it was common for players to stay at Lambert's house rather than stay alone."

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, very common in the AFL. Players sleeping over at the home of their club's welfare manager. Because people in regular jobs often sleep over at their HR manager's house. :drunk:

We really are taken for complete idiots, aren't we? And "a migraine," really? That's the best excuse you can come up with?
You actually couldn't be more wrong in this instance. I know of someone who works at a club and has ended up as a mentor type figure to a lot of players at the club over the years. Their house has always been a place where they can go for moral support, a meal or a bed to sleep on if they've been out somewhere or just need some company.

The AFL is obviously a brutal industry, particularly on players who have been forced to move away from home or have decided to move out on their own. Lots of spare time (which might sound alright, but if you've ever been on your own for prolonged periods, you would know it can be the opposite), clubs who are ready to use you and dump you at an instant and your schedule does not align with your family/friends and seeing them can be a struggle. Every club would have mechanisms in place where players can stay around at somebody's house because of these things.

It would be idiotic if Whitfield tried to use this to beat testers.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

It actually is when half your side is under 22 you idiot.

If we lose Lambert we're screwed.

I'm sure you'll find another spot for player's to crash after a big one.

I wonder how common this method is. The likelihood of a random test falling on the same day that a player is unlocatable at a footy dept employee's house would have to be slim. Those penalties seem ridiculous considering nearly everyone in the AFL is a good guy who made a minor administrative error and will not be sanctioned meaningfully.

Edit - GF dobbed in, didn't realise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual, the AFL will merely pay lip service until they can quietly release a press statement saying that they have completed their investigations and have concluded that nothing untoward has occurred.

Even more so in this instance given that it is their lap dog under the microscope.

"The AFL has conducted a full and thorough investigation into the matter and found no evidence to support the claims"

You actually couldn't be more wrong in this instance. I know of someone who works at a club and has ended up as a mentor type figure to a lot of players at the club over the years. Their house has always been a place where they can go for moral support, a meal or a bed to sleep on if they've been out somewhere or just need some company.

The AFL is obviously a brutal industry, particularly on players who have been forced to move away from home or have decided to move out on their own. Lots of spare time (which might sound alright, but if you've ever been on your own for prolonged periods, you would know it can be the opposite), clubs who are ready to use you and dump you at an instant and your schedule does not align with your family/friends and seeing them can be a struggle. Every club would have mechanisms in place where players can stay around at somebody's house because of these things.

It would be idiotic if Whitfield tried to use this to beat testers.
I see it has Whitfield had a big night out. Took something he shouldnt of, panicked and ended up staying at Lamberts.

Just give him 2 strikes for not being available for a test. If it pushes him over 3 then so be it, he gets the penalty.

If it's his first 2, then everyone moves on and young Lachie either avoids taking drugs or makes sure he doesn't do it when he's about to get drug tested like the rest of them.

I suspect it won't be his first though if he's dodging a test.

As I understand it, Whitfield was breastfed up until the age he was drafted. After he joined GWS, one of Lambert's responsibilities as player welfare manager was to have Whitfield stay with him whenever he was feeling vulnerable, strap on a set of functional rubber boobs and nurse him to sleep with a potent cocktail of S26 Toddler,bourbon and powerful barbiturates. Apparently Whitfield was feeling quite vulnerable throughout the period in question. The story was hushed up by Lambert and Allan because they felt it might reflect poorly on Whitfield and they hadn't checked whether either S26 Toddler or the barbiturates were on the WADA banned list.

Lachie "suckling" Whitfield, Graeme "hush it up" Allan, and Craig "boobs" Lambert are said to be ropable about this story getting out. They suspect the ex-girlfriend is behind it - not because of the drug-testing regime, but apparently she gave Lachie an ultimatum, "It's his boobs or mine, you choose!". He chose Lambert.

True story.
This may be the most disturbing post I've seen on Bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back