Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

yep, well said. Have I come in here to view recent pictures and found people whingeing about the location again?

There is no doubt that this is going to be a magnificent stadium so it is pointless people whingeing about the fact that this stadium is extremely expensive and could've been been built cheaper, better and more conveniently located. The government started the push for public-transport-only at Subiaco and has installed it at Burswood. We'll get used to the greater inconvenience. I don't think too many people will regularly walk from the city especially on poor weather days.

NewperthStadium twitter

Stadium seats are now being installed on Level 5. The 2018 opening is not far away!

Cvu_-KWVUAAm5Cz.jpg:large

There is no doubt that this is going to be a magnificent stadium so it is pointless people whingeing about the fact that this stadium is extremely expensive and could've been been built cheaper, better and more conveniently located. The government started the push for public-transport-only at Subiaco and has installed it at Burswood. We'll get used to the greater inconvenience. I don't think too many people will regularly walk from the city especially on poor weather days.
You're kidding right? It's a 1.5km walk, a beautiful one at that along and across the river. How often does it rain in Perth on a footy day? Those 1 or 2 days it might? Bring an umbrella ffs

Public Transport an inconvenience? Now I've heard everything :rolleyes:

Public Transport an inconvenience? Now I've heard everything :rolleyes:
Can't really speak on behalf of Perth people because I don't live there but only time I find public transport an inconvincence in Melbourne is going North/East, North/West etc... Anything in or around the city is easy. Took public transport last time I was in Perth and seemed simarly easy when going inner city.

Can't really speak on behalf of Perth people because I don't live there but only time I find public transport an inconvincence in Melbourne is going North/East, North/West etc... Anything in or around the city is easy. Took public transport last time I was in Perth and seemed simarly easy when going inner city.
It's ok. Not enough rail lines bur that will change as they condense the city with more apartments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have sat in the same seat at Subiaco for the last 17 years. I've sat in other seats when going to Eagles home games and finals and know that I am limited to where I can sit because of leg room.
But I have no idea which seats I would prefer at the new Perth Stadium, or if they are spacious enough (or if my vertigo can cope with a high seat).

There are likely to be a number of packages on offer at different prices. These include having standing room under the scoreboards, having a Ground level sports bar, sitting in each of the third tiers or more luxury offerings.
I would like a sampler next year, so I could decide where I would like my seats.

Wouldn't it be good if Fremantle offered a membership that gave you a variety of seats over the course of the season?

It would have been a nice extra to have ferrys transport fans to the stadium but with the causeway so low you wont get nothing more than the likely corporate charters on the wine boats.

True but surely that's a bit of an anomaly though, when I lived in Perth was a member for 8 years and I reckon I could could on 1 hand how many times it rained.

Yes, this year made up for a decade I reckon, synched to rain rather than sunshine. I was more concerned with the distance quoted at 1.5km. I have the distance quoted at 4.8km. It's a distance for a walk, if you are out for walk, but for a variety of reasons I don't see it as convenient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back