Terror in Manchester

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Wilson is such a smart guy - this article is absolutely spot on: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/rightwing-pundits-manchester-attack-response

The Right/Left mount sterile arguments if you read Samuel Huntington who wrote in the early/mid 90s that a challenge to the west from radical Islam would be the result of a looming unstoppable demographic explosion of young, fit, muscular Muslim youths of cannon fodder age - 16 to 30. From my memory, Huntington said the bulge would peak in the early 2030s and would abate thereafter.

It was instructive to remember this when observing the boatloads of young, fit, muscular Muslim youths arriving at Christmas Island at the invitation of Kevin Rudd and Labor back in 2009-13, and later the boatloads of same demographic arriving still today in Europe.

The thing is, I don't think there is much more that can be done that isn't being done already. It's a matter of resolve and continuous attrition until the jihadis supply of testosterone fodder fades 'away into history.

The thing is, I don't think there is much more that can be done that isn't being done already. It's a matter of resolve and continuous attrition until the jihadis supply of testosterone fodder fades 'away into history.

What is been done already? It is seen as a Police and Security Matter predominately in the West. There is no change in Policy, Political Acknowledgement and seemingly very little been done at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part and parcel of living in a big city, right? Welcome to our new Muslim overlords.

The Right/Left mount sterile arguments if you read Samuel Huntington who wrote in the early/mid 90s that a challenge to the west from radical Islam would be the result of a looming unstoppable demographic explosion of young, fit, muscular Muslim youths of cannon fodder age - 16 to 30. From my memory, Huntington said the bulge would peak in the early 2030s and would abate thereafter.

It was instructive to remember this when observing the boatloads of young, fit, muscular Muslim youths arriving at Christmas Island at the invitation of Kevin Rudd and Labor back in 2009-13, and later the boatloads of same demographic arriving still today in Europe.

That demographic also scores high in our immigration rating. Not making any point, just stating a fact

There are hints coming through that the bomber consumed content highlighting deaths of children in the middle east from western attacks. Whether it right or wrong you can see the structures which encourage suicide bombers using emotive content such as this.

But that's not my point. Does the 'propaganda' just highlight this or is it explicitly calling for reprisals against western children?
Or was that a conclusion the Bomber reached on his own?

Again I'm not making a point either way just will it now be necessary to increase security and awareness particularly for gatherings of children?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ver-refugee-terror-links-20170525-gwdkkl.html
The head of Australia's top spy agency has rebuffed One Nation leader Pauline Hanson over her fears that refugees were contributing to terrorism.
Despite the growing threat of Islamist extremism, Australian Security Intelligence Organisation boss Duncan Lewis indicated there was no evidence to substantiate several of the minor party leader's claims.

Senator Hanson asked the ASIO director-general whether he believed the terrorist threat was "being brought in" courtesy of Middle Eastern refugees.
"I have absolutely no evidence to suggest there's a connection between refugees and terrorism," Mr Lewis replied.

There was also "no evidence" to suggest children born to refugees in Australia were more likely to convert to radical Islam, Mr Lewis said.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/ma...-against-women-and-girls-20170525-gwdjxb.html

The Manchester concert was part of Grande's Dangerous Woman world tour that is promoting her latest album, also called Dangerous Woman. It is an anthem of female empowerment, albeit one that celebrates sexual empowerment rather than economic or political freedom, and hence is highly provocative. Especially when you know its history.

The album was originally going to be called Moonlight but, just before its release in February last year, Grande announced a name change. The new name, she revealed in a post to her 106 million followers on Instagram, came from the Egyptian feminist writer and physician Dr Nawal El Saadaw's 1975 novel, Woman at Point Zero:

"They said, 'You are a savage and dangerous woman.' I am speaking the truth. And the truth is savage and dangerous." – Nawal El-Saadawi

It was a bold move for Grande, formerly seen more as a bubble-gum sort of singer, to link herself to a book based on El Saadawi's imprisonment by the Sadat regime in Egypt for her political activities and to a woman who has spent her life fighting the oppression of Arab women. El Saadawi has opposed the veil, female genital mutilation and has been an outspoken opponent of Islamism.

"To me, a dangerous woman is someone who's not afraid to take a stand, be herself and to be honest," Grande told Billboard magazine in March 2016 about her decision to change the album's name.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/ma...-against-women-and-girls-20170525-gwdjxb.html

The Manchester concert was part of Grande's Dangerous Woman world tour that is promoting her latest album, also called Dangerous Woman. It is an anthem of female empowerment, albeit one that celebrates sexual empowerment rather than economic or political freedom, and hence is highly provocative. Especially when you know its history.

The album was originally going to be called Moonlight but, just before its release in February last year, Grande announced a name change. The new name, she revealed in a post to her 106 million followers on Instagram, came from the Egyptian feminist writer and physician Dr Nawal El Saadaw's 1975 novel, Woman at Point Zero:

"They said, 'You are a savage and dangerous woman.' I am speaking the truth. And the truth is savage and dangerous." – Nawal El-Saadawi

It was a bold move for Grande, formerly seen more as a bubble-gum sort of singer, to link herself to a book based on El Saadawi's imprisonment by the Sadat regime in Egypt for her political activities and to a woman who has spent her life fighting the oppression of Arab women. El Saadawi has opposed the veil, female genital mutilation and has been an outspoken opponent of Islamism.

"To me, a dangerous woman is someone who's not afraid to take a stand, be herself and to be honest," Grande told Billboard magazine in March 2016 about her decision to change the album's name.

They're an odd lot. In matters of faith, a Muslim has the willpower of a dozen men. But on the other hand they make women dress in sackcloth for fear of showing their weakness.

They're an odd lot. In matters of faith, a Muslim has the willpower of a dozen men. But on the other hand they make women dress in sackcloth for fear of showing their weakness.

The extremists on both sides love to portray the other side as "a lot'. it fits their purpose

Grande may have this view but I doubt any of the victims would have the first idea of the subtlety of the name. And why should they. totally lost on the extremists though. Its not productive to view any of the other side as somehow human.

Granted one side takes much more extreme action than the other. But what would 'our' extremists be like if we didn't keep them in check?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back