Gil and Fitzpatrick Named in Writ -- the saga

Remove this Banner Ad

On or about 26 June 2013 Gillon McLachlan had a telephone discussion with Aurora Andruska. During the discussion, McLachlan spoke to Andruska about the preparation of a report by ASADA for the AFL on the Joint Investigation. Referring to the report, McLachlan stated:

"Take points off Essendon. Need detail to get through that. Get outcome we need. Take bits out that might compromise what we need"

Is this the same Ms Andruska ...
the Bombers and Hird assert: “In her evidence, ASADA’S key witness, Ms Andruska was non-responsive, evasive and partisan.

“She frequently avoided answering the question asked, instead giving speeches to persuade the court of the validity of ASADA’s course of action under her stewardship.

“Ms Andruska sought to disassociate herself from decisions that were not formally put to her in writing.

“The court will also have noted Ms Andruska’s long pauses before answering questions, the answer to which would not assist ASADA’s case.”

And Justice Middleton noted:
I do not consider these criticisms, to the extent they impact on her veracity, can be sustained. Ms Andruska was a truthful witness. Ms Andruska was careful in all her responses, and in my view wanted to consider properly each question, seeking to provide a truthful answer. Ms Andruska provided convincing and credible explanations for the steps she or her investigators took in undertaking the co-operative arrangement between ASADA and the AFL for the purposes she outlined in her affidavit evidence. Ms Andruska was a very experienced public servant, and explained during the course of detailed cross-examination the approach undertaken by herself and investigators of ASADA and the AFL. The cross-examination traversed many areas of detail relating to various meetings and decisions made in the course of the investigation. I would have expected Ms Andruska to be careful in responding to the interrogation made of her on these matters, as indeed she was.

Just another attempt by some at BomberLand to drive David Evans from the club?

Any update on this Jackson Taylor v AFL Court Case?
THE Essendon drugs saga will return to court just days before this month’s season opener.

Human rights lawyer Julian Burnside, QC, is leading a case brought against AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and former commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick.

He is representing Melbourne lawyer Jackson Taylor, who alleges misleading and deceptive conduct during the five-year supplements scandal.

At a Supreme Court hearing before Justice John Dixon on March 19, three days before the Richmond-Carlton opener, lawyers for the AFL will argue for a limited trial.

If that application is dismissed, McLachlan, Fitzpatrick, former AFL boss Andrew Demetriou and former AFL integrity unit manager Brett Clothier face the prospect of being called to give evidence.

THE Essendon drugs saga will return to court just days before this month’s season opener.

Human rights lawyer Julian Burnside, QC, is leading a case brought against AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and former commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick.

He is representing Melbourne lawyer Jackson Taylor, who alleges misleading and deceptive conduct during the five-year supplements scandal.

At a Supreme Court hearing before Justice John Dixon on March 19, three days before the Richmond-Carlton opener, lawyers for the AFL will argue for a limited trial.

If that application is dismissed, McLachlan, Fitzpatrick, former AFL boss Andrew Demetriou and former AFL integrity unit manager Brett Clothier face the prospect of being called to give evidence.
Julian Burnside will make this interesting. Before he got involved in the 1998 Waterfront Dispute case between MUA and Patrick's he was a heavy duty commercial lawyer. Post representing the MUA in that case, he has been on a human rights bent, whilst still doing his commercial law stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I struggle to understand how any penalties can be handed down against Vlad, Gil and Fitzy if they are found to have engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct. It's a provision of consumer law and as far as I understand the person bringing the action must prove that they have suffered loss or damage. Not sure that Burnside's client will be able to show that.

Looks like an exercise in muck raking rather than a case that will see sanctions handed down.

Dummy's guide to misleading and deceptive conduct.
https://legalvision.com.au/a-basic-...e-misrepresentations-australian-consumer-law/

That would be VLAD under cross examination.

"You want me on that wall you NEED me on that wall"
I would love Fat Andy to take the stand and the oath and tell us all what he knows.
For me this whole case and the cover ups and tip offs have the Fat mans fingers all over it.
Rent a quote Andy has been quiet by his standards on this whole saga, why as before he had an opinion on everything and you can be sure if this was another sport Fat Andy would make his opinions known

I would love Fat Andy to take the stand and the oath and tell us all what he knows.
For me this whole case and the cover ups and tip offs have the Fat mans fingers all over it.
Rent a quote Andy has been quiet by his standards on this whole saga, why as before he had an opinion on everything and you can be sure if this was another sport Fat Andy would make his opinions known
Would be great to see the cypriot perjure himself and spend a night in the cells :)

I think these guys want to avoid the witness dock desperately as there is plenty to play out and apart from the original questions
Other Questions
How far was the afl endorsed program gonna go ,
which drug company was involved with the aim of a commercial release

Who was involved in the planned release

Why was Evans given advanced warning

Who gave the approval to use said players as lab rats

How far is the organised crime connection

Who has shares in said company

Was geelong on the gear and why not a widespread investigation

What did labour mean when they called that press conference

No doubt that a huge cover up was or has been orchestrated

Congratulations to the plaintiff and the qc to go we're others have failed

Lets get some truth

Well he's been busy

Involved since with AQUIRE LEARNING ( sellers of dodgy training courses paid by taxpayers) , now AQUIRE real estate

Also sold a unused dump in dingley to a club for their new premises

You know support the club you've always supported

Well he's been busy

Involved since with AQUIRE LEARNING ( sellers of dodgy training courses paid by taxpayers) , now AQUIRE real estate

Also sold a unused dump in dingley to a club for their new premises

You know support the club you've always supported
Fat Andy for me has always been on the edge and i wouldn't trust him any further than i could throw him.
No doubt he got the game a lot of money but for me he was always thinking of himself first and what was in it for him

Fat Andy for me has always been on the edge and i wouldn't trust him any further than i could throw him.
No doubt he got the game a lot of money but for me he was always thinking of himself first and what was in it for him

Too right
cousin ceo i think of aquired learning, he board chairman
Dodgy tax payers supported training schemes
My sister worked for em in a shopping centre

Now acquired real estate

Connections had refuse dumps

Throughout dingley and clayton
Draw your own conclusions

You can picture the add

As used by

Endorsed by

Next stage a book or movie?