Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no doubting that. I just hope its a passing phase in US politics. For all our sakes.

I find him to be fully representative of the current state of the Nation....Of it's dark psychic underbelly, fully exposed & naked for all to see.

There's a raw honesty to Trump....It's ugly, it's crass, it's narcissistic, but it's unapologetic....The mythos of American exceptionalism personified.

Little wonder then how it has so easily become, little more than a play-thing for the Oligarchical billionaires to manipulate at their leisure.

You're the only one doing a false equivalency here.

That both sides of politics in the U.S are just as corrupted & complicit as each other in selling out the principles of Democracy & their own Countrymen & constituents to the corporate Oligarchy, is incontrovertible.

So we are agreed then....Vegas gangsta style.

Trump is a fully post-modern POTUS....His style of corruption is more open, honest & in yer face....Which is just as his pacs like it.

Can't remember too many other presidents you'd describe as 'Vegas gangsta'.

Kidding yourself if you think Trump is even vaguely on par with predecessors in terms of public facing honesty, tact, compassion or competence.

I find him to be fully representative of the current state of the Nation....Of it's dark psychic underbelly, fully exposed & naked for all to see.

There's a raw honesty to Trump....It's ugly, it's crass, it's narcissistic, but it's unapologetic....The mythos of American exceptionalism personified.

Little wonder then how it has so easily become, little more than a play-thing for the Oligarchical billionaires to manipulate at their leisure.

Its certainly the result of the current messy state of US politics. However its always had a huge dose of corruption & Gerrymandering about it anyway.

The thing to remember is that it doesn't represent the totality of the US people. I believe so many of them are better than that. Trump represents the squeaky wheel. He gets/demands all the attention from the US media, who are more about 'entertainment', focusing on the grief & negativity in the community ( how many deaths & how much misery in an event), & attention seeking, than proper analysis & description.

I guess at least the PBS try, like our ABC, to offer some balanced analysis to daily events.

That both sides of politics in the U.S are just as corrupted & complicit as each other in selling out the principles of Democracy & their own Countrymen & constituents to the corporate Oligarchy, is incontrovertible.

Ahhhh not it isn't. There is a vast difference between the parties.

But I guess for those with more simple minds it's easier to just say they are all the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe the WH is now accusing the media of politicising the soldier's deaths, when that is exactly what they, or Trump, did that has drawn criticism to begin with.

The transcript of the Kelly press conference reveals a great deal IMO - clearly Kelly is intelligent and very pragmatic - his description of the "process" following a military death and his belief that such a situation should be sacred reveals that.
He also reveals a lot about Trump without actually criticising him. His response to Trump about the content of a call to the next of kin shows both sensitivity and empathy and , if delivered well , would definitely be of comfort.
That is where it all turns to custard though - and Kelly knows it. Why ?

Simply because Trumps NPD prevents him from delivering such a sensitive message sensitively and with empathy. It's just not in his DNA .

Trump would think that saying "he knew what he signed for" would bring relief - instead it grates incredibly - contrast that with what Kelly suggests about doing what he loved , surrounded by people of the same values who loved him. Donald is incapable of these types of calls and the tragedy is being the supreme narcissist he is he truly believes that no-one makes these calls better than him.
Kelly knows that BS - let's hope he sticks to signing letters written by sensitive professionals from now on.

joe-walsh-walshfreedom-they-all-lie-all-politicians-lie-obama-26696952.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back