News Police probe tiger over topless photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone coming here to post that the women in question is in any way at fault, stop now, save yourself the embarrassment.

People have spent the last few weeks calling her a stripper, a liar, a prostitute, a tart, a user looking to slander Broad for fame, a gold digger and all kinds of things.

You'd like to think people would accept they did wrong but why bother when you can just continue to blame a victim for ruining our premiership celebrations - it's not like she had something far worse that was ruined.

umm..yes?
these days, people are aware of social media and texting. She knew the picture was being taken. That's already a mistake. No it shouldn't have been shared around either. Think you are missing the point, but thanks for your intelligent input.

You're right, she shouldn't have, but he did the wrong thing and she obviously invested too much trust in him. He broke that trust.

Soooooo......does anyone know who the chick is?

People who know her dropped her name on facebook posts pretty much the day after it happened lol

People have to ask themselves if they did exactly the same thing, would they get banned from their work?

Most likely that their work would never even hear about it.

If I did something like that and it got back to my employer it’d be touch and go - we have a code of conduct and breaches of it can result in termination of employment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have to ask themselves if they did exactly the same thing, would they get banned from their work?

Wrong mate .... I worked with someone who distributed an inappropriate photo of a work colleague and was terminated.
I think possibly you under-estimate the power and scale of social media. One it's out there, there is no way, to put it in your words,v to "never even hear about it". If you don't want someone to hear about it, you don't do it on social media.
A lot of people have been fired for putting inappropriate photos and words on social media. Broady is actually quite lucky it was three weeks ... if the girl had pursued criminal charges, it would have been a lot worse. Lesson learned!

Wait a minute, I don't understand why some people are saying the woman is 100% not responsible for the distribution of the picture.

Remember that (from my understanding) she consented to the first step of distribution of the nude photo - the initial photo itself. Now, if she was dressing and someone took the photo of her without her even knowing, then yes, I understand the claim of being clear of responsibility.

Anyone who takes or consents for a nude picture to be taken of them is not 100% clear of responsibility of it going viral. It is the first step after all.

Having said that, it is a stupid move to betray someone's trust by sending it on. It is courtesy to delete a picture that you took of another if they want you to delete it, let alone a nude picture. Not happy with the revelation and the club would probably feel the same. Apology accepted and let's move on.

If anything positive is to come out of it at least there will be competition for his spot. Markov or Shorty will be fighting it out over summer. Bolton and Stengle will also be fighting it out for Riolis spot if he's in doubt too.

Overall not that bad.

Wrong mate .... I worked with someone who distributed an inappropriate photo of a work colleague and was terminated.
I think possibly you under-estimate the power and scale of social media. One it's out there, there is no way, to put it in your words,v to "never even hear about it". If you don't want someone to hear about it, you don't do it on social media.
A lot of people have been fired for putting inappropriate photos and words on social media. Broady is actually quite lucky it was three weeks ... if the girl had pursued criminal charges, it would have been a lot worse. Lesson learned!
I would imagine it would be so if the picture involved a work colleague.
I was talking about a photo of an anonymous person.

Two to four!
Which would be a statement given most clubs - especially Collingwood - would brush it over!

Weird comment considering we gave DeGoey 3 weeks just for lying about his hand injury.

Shaw and Didak suspended
Shaw suspended again just before finals.

Never the less, the suspension imo doesn't really matter that much but the awareness this has created is a stark reminder of your responsibilities in the modern digital world.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, I don't understand why some people are saying the woman is 100% not responsible for the distribution of the picture.

Remember that (from my understanding) she consented to the first step of distribution of the nude photo - the initial photo itself. Now, if she was dressing and someone took the photo of her without her even knowing, then yes, I understand the claim of being clear of responsibility.

Anyone who takes or consents for a nude picture to be taken of them is not 100% clear of responsibility of it going viral. It is the first step after all.

Having said that, it is a stupid move to betray someone's trust by sending it on. It is courtesy to delete a picture that you took of another if they want you to delete it, let alone a nude picture. Not happy with the revelation and the club would probably feel the same. Apology accepted and let's move on.

Good post. She's not blameless but if it's true that he told her it was deleted and then went ahead and shared it, he's an a-hole. 3 weeks seems pretty fair without knowing all the details.

Great picture though, and i think seeing it improved my quality of life a little bit.

2017 year of the tiger. Even when bad things happy we get lucky. Broad has to be the weakest link in the team. Obviously don’t want to minimise or lighten what the stupid bugger did, but gee whiz I was Glad to see his name in the article. We will cover his absence easily in the early rounds of next year

People can take photos of whatever they want and send them to whoever they feel like it. That recipient however, has absolutely no right to send it to anyone else, and if they do so without consent they will be in trouble. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

By no means do I think Broad meant for this to get out into the public eye, probably just wanted to show a few mates (not that that’s ok either). But he was naive to think a photo such as that would stay quiet once it was out in circulation, and he’s now come out and owned up to doing the wrong thing and people can now start to move on.

If you worked for the government you would most likely be sacked or demoted, especially if it was a public service medal hanging around her neck.:nomobile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back