Marriage equality debate - Pt.3 - Australia votes yes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn those facts. Damn them!

Those that wrote Allahu Akbar or in any other Arabic writing were counted by the ABS as 'no religion', false flag fake news operation, Bruce is full of towelheads, I swear by my limited anecdotal experience living in another electorate.

Im prepared to argue that anyone who assesses a law based on it denying a cake baker to be bigoted is an idiot.
The Libs are obsessed with using the bakers and cake....as analogy...
Hewson's political career fell on his idiotic "cake" analogy when trying to explain the GST.

There are far more east Asians (Chinese in particular) than Muslims in Bruce. Nearly 20% are Catholic, consistent with that poster's earlier claims of a Chinese Catholic community influencing the votes although of course without more specific data it is impossible to be certain just how many are that are Chinese are also Catholic. In fact, there are more Buddhists and those with no religion than Muslims in Bruce.

Source: ABS

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/CED205

I'd genuinely like to see your response to this one TimmeT.
I'm not denying that the Chinese vote may have had some influence, however then the question is why my electorate of Chisholm didn't go the same way and reject the notion of SSM (supported it with 61%) considering it has an even higher number of persons with Chinese Ancestry and more electors born in China than Bruce? Not to mention we have pretty much an identical number of Catholic persons also which includes a large Chinese Catholic community. The answer or the difference is the fact that Chisholm doesn't have a considerable Islam following poulation (it is pretty much inexistent) unlike Bruce where it is around 12 or 13%. This islamic populace who are well known for being anti Same Sex Marriage and have shown they voted against it throughout Australia provided a significant number of the responses of no which led to the difference between the results in Chisholm and Bruce. In fact research was done by a no supporting councillor in Bruce who found significant anti same sex marriage support from people of Albanian, Afghani and Bosnian background as a result of the research as it went against their beliefs and religion. Guess what religion these three countries follow?

Thus the Islamic following in Bruce had a direct impact on the electorate no result.

When the novelty wears off, which won't take long.

Cant wait for you and your Politically Correct, gullible mates to say.......

"Hang on, we didn't want divorce, property settlements, child access issues, tax issues, fights, solicitors fees, losing the Ferrari....."

That wasn't part of the deal.

I demand another plebiscite......

Yep, which is why we've seen so many straight people demanding to have their right to marry revoked.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ndalised-george-michael-mural-sydney-makeover
A mural depicting the late singer George Michael as a saint has been defaced in Sydney by a man claiming to be defending his religion.

The 23-year-old man, who was arrested by New South Wales police and charged with graffiti offences, was captured on film covering the mural with black paint.

“I’m defending my religion, that’s exactly what I’m doing,” he said.
This dickhead is about to discover religious freedom offers no protection from the Summary Offences Act. ISIS are just defending their religion too.

I'm not denying that the Chinese vote may have had some influence, however then the question is why my electorate of Chisholm didn't go the same way and reject the notion of SSM (supported it with 61%) considering it has an even higher number of persons with Chinese Ancestry and more electors born in China than Bruce? Not to mention we have pretty much an identical number of Catholic persons also which includes a large Chinese Catholic community. The answer or the difference is the fact that Chisholm doesn't have a considerable Islam following poulation (it is pretty much inexistent) unlike Bruce where it is around 12 or 13%. This islamic populace who are well known for being anti Same Sex Marriage and have shown they voted against it throughout Australia provided a significant number of the responses of no which led to the difference between the results in Chisholm and Bruce. In fact research was done by a no supporting councillor in Bruce who found significant anti same sex marriage support from people of Albanian, Afghani and Bosnian background as a result of the research as it went against their beliefs and religion. Guess what religion these three countries follow?

Thus the Islamic following in Bruce had a direct impact on the electorate no result.

Not all Chinese are Catholic.

There are also only 8% professing an Islamic faith in Bruce, so don't distort the figures please.

Antony Green has clearly set this out - that those from different cultural backgrounds (especially Islamic and Chinese) and especially the first generation of migrants tended to vote No, which perfectly explains the distribution of the No votes. There is nothing wrong with that, it is simply the reality experienced in many migrant populations in first world countries - the initial wave tend to be conservative and don't consider themselves as Australian while their children tend to be more integrated and consider themselves more Australian. Yep, being Islamic would be a contributing factor but it is not the only reason why the No vote spiked in certain areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ndalised-george-michael-mural-sydney-makeover

This dickhead is about to discover religious freedom offers no protection from the Summary Offences Act. ISIS are just defending their religion too.

You can see the beardy look he was going for....Might have over-done it a tad however in revoking any claims to artistic merit....There's much to be said for the ole Hitler MO as the go-to preference.....Clearly not of a Western back-ground.

The ALP have indicated they'll vote regardless, against their electorates on SSM issue.

Here we are, Labor's electorates showed them up and Abbott's really embarrassed him. LOL The whole thing including where this thread has gone is giving me anxiety.
The alp have done very little the 'liberal' part of the liberal party has done the heavy lifting. This one social change is more than krudd/Gillard combination achieved in their entire pm ships.

The alp have done very little the 'liberal' part of the liberal party has done the heavy lifting. This one social change is more than krudd/Gillard combination achieved in their entire pm ships.

Counting your chickens? How does it happen before christmas when parliament is cancelled?

ALL they have ACHIEVED is a very expensive validation of every opinion poll on SSM recently

I think that's the spot where Katter would normally say 'think of farmers committing suicide', hence why his face becomes very serious/angry, but he talk about them so often and there is action in that area, so maybe he has tried to think of another issue he can claim is ignored? Crikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back