Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth Scorchers are playing a trail t20 match against England Lions (2nd XI) at the moment. From the limited footage there seems to be a handful of people in attendance.

Perth Scorchers are playing a trail t20 match against England Lions (2nd XI) at the moment. From the limited footage there seems to be a handful of people in attendance.
About ~10k tickets were given to Multiplex and their subbies including a few corporates also. I knew a few people who went a long. From various snapchats I saw it looked amazing. Could see it from Highgate lit up in the scorchers colours. A shame it wont be utilised enough at night next year.

I was invited to go, unfortunately for me had to turn it sown as my daughter graduated at the same time.

My colleagues went along and described it as a sensational experience, the light show was simply amazing.

I was invited to go, unfortunately for me had to turn it sown as my daughter graduated at the same time.

My colleagues went along and described it as a sensational experience, the light show was simply amazing.

Hope your daughter's grad ceremony was worth it.

DQ7SC3RVAAAwUlE.jpg:large

photo lifted from elsewhere on the web - I wasn't there...

edit: funny they used the green tents when there are perfectly good and large players boxes/dugouts - perhaps they are in the wrong location however for cricket (behind bowlers arm?)

edit: shame when BBL played there for real it will be day games starting at 4pm or thereabouts..

Last edited:

edit: funny they used the green tents when there are perfectly good and large players boxes/dugouts - perhaps they are in the wrong location however for cricket (behind bowlers arm?)

edit: shame when BBL played there for real it will be day games starting at 4pm or thereabouts..
The dugouts will be covered with sightscreen.

About ~10k tickets were given to Multiplex and their subbies including a few corporates also. I knew a few people who went a long. From various snapchats I saw it looked amazing. Could see it from Highgate lit up in the scorchers colours. A shame it wont be utilised enough at night next year.

Won’t really be lit up ever except post games. We want pre game light shows

Fair to assume it's Skyscrapercity, where 90% of the pics in this thread are lifted from :p

What's immediately striking is how imposing it looks close to ground level. I'm going to the ODI on the 28th and I cant ******* wait to see it in person. A packed house should produce a wall of sound unlike anything most WA footy-goers have experienced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to assume it's Skyscrapercity, where 90% of the pics in this thread are lifted from :p

What's immediately striking is how imposing it looks close to ground level. I'm going to the ODI on the 28th and I cant ******* wait to see it in person. A packed house should produce a wall of sound unlike anything most WA footy-goers have experienced.
Noise of Affirmation 2.0

Comparatively it all looks on par. Interesting to note how much the "Special" items will be, no dount some extra margin placed on those "Gourmet" items. Still disgusted there is no full strength beer option. $8.50 for a Mid-Strength is why I typically wont drink at the football at all, unless in a box.

I've been away for a while and just to catch up on the gossip...
So with that whole 10 year lease thing the WA football commission/company had on Subi, I was just wondering how much did the Owner of the Eagle&Dockers Pty Ltd end up extorting from their faithful supporters in this financially gruelling time WA is currently struggling through?
Just on a side note, how much profit did the WCE & FD (cough, cough) Football Clubs make in 2017???

Has anyone brought up the starting ticket prices yet?
MCG $25
ETIHAD $25
ADELAIDE $35
SUBIACO $65
OPTUS oops we over spent again OVAL... ???

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think that one is more justifiable, given demand and supply. MCG and Etihad often sit half to even more empty for non blockbuster games so the price is lower to entice more patrons. Adelaide and more pertinently Subiaco and the stadium will have very limited GA seats available, especially Optus, so the price will be higher. I don't have as much of a problem with the ticket pricing to be honest given its following standard economic principles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back