Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’ll have to take the train.
https://optusstadium.com.au/getting-here/public-transport/

Special bus routes to and from stadium are from CBD, Fremantle(Canning Highway), Hamilton Hill, Curtin Uni, Canning Vale, Ellenbrook, Morley, Mirrabooka and Karrinyup.

What about country commuters? Will private charter buses be able to drop busloads off at the stadium? And how long will the drivers be able to stand in the ranks if that is the case?

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Portals/0/Asset/Documents/Special Events/Stadium/Getting to and from Stadium.pdf

The two direct bus routes from Fremantle and Hamilton Hill stop at Canning Bridge station. If you're intending to drive to Murdoch station it may be quicker to drive to Canning Bridge and take the bus.

Thanks

I find it amusing how much whinging there's been over a suggested Scorchers cap, but no one said anything when the Ed Sheeran concert actually was capped and to a smaller capacity as well.

Some areas don't have train stations nearby so a bus is the only way to go. Why would you want to drive - the congestion would be chaotic.

Most areas of Perth do have a train station within 10 to 15 mins drive. Much quicker to drive to a train station than a bus pick up point, even if the bus is closer. Thats why few people got buses to Subi and why it will be the same at the new stadium.

And the congestion would be chaotic, but that's by design. They've deliberately done that and forced people onto the train. Surprise surprise, the trains can't cope.

Uber don't have ranks, they have drop off / pick up points.
This is why their model is not suitable for a 60,000 head stadium with one road in / out.
Thats what I was trying to get at. Uber should thus pay for a drop off/pick up point and holding zone if they're keen. Would create a big traffic jam anyhow. I'm, an uber fan, people just have to learn to to catch public transport.

I find it amusing how much whinging there's been over a suggested Scorchers cap, but no one said anything when the Ed Sheeran concert actually was capped and to a smaller capacity as well.

Why is it amusing that people on a sports forum would be more interested/involved in a sporting event than a pop star's show?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what I was trying to get at. Uber should thus pay for a drop off/pick up point and holding zone if they're keen. Would create a big traffic jam anyhow. I'm, an uber fan, people just have to learn to to catch public transport.

I wouldnt be surprised if theres legislation that prevents them from having a specific designated drop off/pick up point. In some states this was put in to prevent hire cars and such from using taxi ranks. Uber would be classed as private conveyances still.

I wouldnt be surprised if theres legislation that prevents them from having a specific designated drop off/pick up point. In some states this was put in to prevent hire cars and such from using taxi ranks. Uber would be classed as private conveyances still.
When I took a flight from the T1/T2 airport in December there was an designated Uber rank with a sign and everything

Most areas of Perth do have a train station within 10 to 15 mins drive. Much quicker to drive to a train station than a bus pick up point, even if the bus is closer. Thats why few people got buses to Subi and why it will be the same at the new stadium.

And the congestion would be chaotic, but that's by design. They've deliberately done that and forced people onto the train. Surprise surprise, the trains can't cope.
Therein lies the problem though as if everybody going to the football drives to the nearest station where do they park as the car parks will fill very quickly.

Open Day is tomorrow.

I have a ticket I can't use now, long story: got out of hospital yesterday won't be fit enough yet by tomorrow. If anyone wants to go have a look around the stadium send me a PM and I can email you the ticket to print out at home. Just the one ticket, 1.00 -2.00 pm session tomorrow.

Therein lies the problem though as if everybody going to the football drives to the nearest station where do they park as the car parks will fill very quickly.

Mandurah and Joondalup lines should be fine for that, the carparks are huge. Other lines might struggle. But that's my point - if everyone gets the train, then everyone loses because it's going to be a horrible experience.
But the way they've designed it leaves people with very little choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back