Rumour Rory Sloane always a crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, very subjective.

Going to cop heat after the way he alledgedly handled the Lever situation. Reckon he only got the AFLPA captain due to the Walsh situation, some pretty good captains in the AFL, so would be hard to vote given you're not in the inner sanctum and can only vote from what you see looking in.
Did walsh die 2 years running?
The first year he probably mostly got it for holding the team together during that situation, and they were still able to perform. The second because he's managed to lead the top side (in H&A) despite lack of top end picks and is generally thought of as a great leader by those who see him on the field

I was speaking to the ex president of Sloanes jrn club the other day. (He was president while Sloan was there)
He said he will sign a 2 year deal to stay at the crows then come back to Melbourne.
Interesting, as that idea was floated on Adelaide radio on Monday too. Smoke = fire. Rumour confirmed :D

I was speaking to the ex president of Sloanes jrn club the other day. (He was president while Sloan was there)
He said he will sign a 2 year deal to stay at the crows then come back to Melbourne.
No disrespect but what would a bloke who was president of a junior footy club Sloane played at ten years ago know?
I seriously doubt he is on the inner sanctum and that Rory confides in him.

Having said that - I believe he will stay in Adelaide for a few more years.

No disrespect but what would a bloke who was president of a junior footy club Sloane played at ten years ago know?
I seriously doubt he is on the inner sanctum and that Rory confides in him.

Having said that - I believe he will stay in Adelaide for a few more years.
He is mates with Sloanes olds

Probably the same person who had to attend to the whole Melbourne team when they were informed that they would be doing a tough pre-season.
Nah I doubt it would be the same person. The logistics just don’t make sense.
I think Taylah Waaaaaaahhhlker would be pretty fussy about who changes his nappies.

Yeah insert a photo of them all lined up to get their nappy changed. Oh hang on.
View attachment 453620

Here's one of the nappy change moments.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did walsh die 2 years running?
The first year he probably mostly got it for holding the team together during that situation, and they were still able to perform. The second because he's managed to lead the top side (in H&A) despite lack of top end picks and is generally thought of as a great leader by those who see him on the field
Obviously not, but his response highlighted him as you mentioned. I believe he wouldn't have won it in 2017 if it was voted on after the finals, Cotchin would have pipped him.

Obviously not, but his response highlighted him as you mentioned. I believe he wouldn't have won it in 2017 if it was voted on after the finals, Cotchin would have pipped him.

Cotchin would have been a deserving winner, especially as he's been much maligned as a leader externally from the club.

Tom Rehn and a couple of others reported yesterday that Sloan is staying

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ead-poll-added.1177288/page-103#post-54407993
I can't remember how many times I pinned my hopes on Dusty staying through the year and come Round 23 I was only 10% sure he was staying, until he announced he would be on the footy show with his decision when I was confident he wouldn't be on there to say he's going to North.

The longer this goes, the less likely it's going to be.

Surely we don’t want to sell the farm for Rory Sloane when we are loaded with mids. Even though he’s a star wouldn’t we be better topping up with key position talent? Reid and Dunne are close to the end and not a lot pushing up behind them.
Your players are definitely loaded...however, they shouldn't get behind the wheel when they are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back