Rumour Rory Sloane always a crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Well yeah but that's what happened with the RA rules in the first place.

Also it would be riddiks if a guy after playing 10 years at one club wasn't an Unrestricted Free Agent.
No he's not ...you're wrong buddy.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017-2022-CBA.pdf

This is the new CBA - This section suggests to me (and I say 'suggests' because quite frankly it's not exactly plain English) that the rule where a player needs to have been a FA before to become a UFA in his 10th year still exists

(b)
A Player who meets the criteria under Rule
1.2(a)
will not be a Restricted Free Agent, and will be a Free Agent, in a particular year where both of the following
apply:
(i)
his Contract of Service expires on or before 31 October in a particular year
being equal to or greater than his tenth consecutive year as a Player on the
Primary and/or Rookie List of the Player’s Current Club; and
(ii)
he has already entered into a new Contract of Service with his Current Club
once following 1 March in his eighth consecutive AFL Seasonon the Primary
and/or Rookie List of that Club

page 113 of the document

Sloane has not yet entered into a new contract post his 8th season

So unless his contract was heavily front loaded (possibily? I have no idea) he is a RFA

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017-2022-CBA.pdf

This is the new CBA - This section suggests to me (and I say 'suggests' because quite frankly it's not exactly plain English) that the rule where a player needs to have been a FA before to become a UFA in his 10th year still exists

page 113 of the document

Sloane has not yet entered into a new contract post his 8th season

So unless his contract was heavily front loaded (possibily? I have no idea) he is a RFA
Unless,maybe, perhaps ... don't you think you're clutching at straws a bit ?

Given the pall hanging over Adelaide, one would have thought if Sloane wanted to make a statement, he would resign asap.

If he's not re-signed before the season I can't see him staying. That is, unless Adelaide becomes a bit less precious and starts throwing money and love at him. Making him captain wouldn't hurt.

I'm no Crows fan and have enjoyed the Crows' amazing self-immolation, but losing Sloane would be bad for the competition. The ramifications would be concerning.

I always thought (and still do) Sloane would be a crow for life. Although if that is the case, it is very difficult to work out why he seemed so non-committal on his radio appearance, especially as he would've seen first hand what’s happened in previous years with Danger, Lever etc. I’m sure you can argue that it by doing this it and still wanting to stay, it will help drive his price up but I dare say if Rory wants to stay he could get the required remuneration from the Crows without going through this entire circus.

I always thought (and still do) Sloane would be a crow for life. Although if that is the case, it is very difficult to work out why he seemed so non-committal on his radio appearance, especially as he would've seen first hand what’s happened in previous years with Danger, Lever etc. I’m sure you can argue that it by doing this it and still wanting to stay, it will help drive his price up but I dare say if Rory wants to stay he could get the required remuneration from the Crows without going through this entire circus.
I tend to agree. It would have been very disheartening for Adelaide supporters to hear him so non-committal, as you said.

I hope for the Crows' sake he re-signs, and soon. Dragging it out, even if he eventually signs, would be pretty tough on all the supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sighting of Sloane being chatted up by Lingy at the cricket earlier in the week...

Could just be Ling being his typical ugly self kissing rings but maybe not...

If he's not re-signed before the season I can't see him staying. That is, unless Adelaide becomes a bit less precious and starts throwing money and love at him. Making him captain wouldn't hurt.
If he's not the Captain for 2018, he's gone.

I reckon if they offer him the Captaincy he'd knock it back as he wants to return home.

If he's not the Captain for 2018, he's gone.

I reckon if they offer him the Captaincy he'd knock it back as he wants to return home.
They're not gonna offer him a captaincy if he's refusing to sign.

And the players vote for the captain, so it's not a bargaining chip that can be thrown in anyway.

They're not gonna offer him a captaincy if he's refusing to sign.

And the players vote for the captain, so it's not a bargaining chip that can be thrown in anyway.
My point was, if he is rewarded with the Captaincy it shows he's staying and signing a contract will be a formality. If he doesn't, my opinion is he will be gone at the end of the year and fielding offers from Victorian teams.

Fully understand it's not a bargaining chip, just more highlighting it's the only indication he will stay, I reckon his manager is already fielding offers.

Posters who remember my post from last time Sloane was out of contract would remember that I called it a year out.

One of the only sources I have is very very close to Sloane, and gurantees he will be a crow probably for his whole career. He loves Adelaide, and doesn't want to leave.
Good news for the Crows, hope its true.

I think he would fit in well at Richmond.Picks 18 ,36 and David Astbury for Sloane with pick 45 in return.

I think he would fit in well at Richmond.Picks 18 ,36 and David Astbury for Sloane with pick 45 in return.

Don’t need him. We’ve got jack graham who took him to the cleaners. He’s still there waiting to be picked up by Pikey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back