2018 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
southern football league div 1 club - based in bentleigh / ormond area offers a praccy game to any team in need . 24th march ,
ground is one of the best in the comp . contact anytime 0432544766

Anyone from Eaglehawk give an insight on how close to full strength you will at Seymour Saturday week ??

Lion, you know you are asking someone from Eaglehawk to read and write. Aren't you being a little bit optimistic?
Aww no AlburyE !!!, thats cruel !! :D......but pretty bloody funny !!, lets not give them some ammo for Saturday though please mate !!

Aww no AlburyE !!!, thats cruel !! :D......but pretty bloody funny !!, lets not give them some ammo for Saturday though please mate !!

Lion, can you give us some feedback on this game please. It would be interesting.

I know what everyone says about pre-season games, (don't take results seriously, good players out, etc etc), but I personally find the practice matches between the top Bendigo, Goulburn Valley, Ovens & Murray leagues and the likes a lot more interesting than watching say Golden Square v Maryborough in recent years when you knew before the game started you were looking at a 30 to 40 goal margin.

Thanks Lion

Lion, can you give us some feedback on this game please. It would be interesting.

I know what everyone says about pre-season games, (don't take results seriously, good players out, etc etc), but I personally find the practice matches between the top Bendigo, Goulburn Valley, Ovens & Murray leagues and the likes a lot more interesting than watching say Golden Square v Maryborough in recent years when you knew before the game started you were looking at a 30 to 40 goal margin.

Thanks Lion
G'day AlburyE !!, sorry for the late reply, someone had to keep the bar going longer than necessary !!. Was about 10 goals in it Eaglehawk up, they had it on us from a team connection standpoint. Obviously they've been a close group for a while and we've had some big changes. Jason Cole only played a qtr and a half, Ben Clifton didn't play, no Jake Anderson, Xavier McMahon, Matt O'Keefe and at least 6 more starting senior players. Eaglehawk looked very good and reckon they will b right at the pointy end again this season.

G'day AlburyE !!, sorry for the late reply, someone had to keep the bar going longer than necessary !!. Was about 10 goals in it Eaglehawk up, they had it on us from a team connection standpoint. Obviously they've been a close group for a while and we've had some big changes. Jason Cole only played a qtr and a half, Ben Clifton didn't play, no Jake Anderson, Xavier McMahon, Matt O'Keefe and at least 6 more starting senior players. Eaglehawk looked very good and reckon they will b right at the pointy end again this season.

Thanks Lion.

Thanks Lion.
After fiddling with the magnets last night and putting on what would be our best 21, we were missing 10 of them yesterday. ....and that doesn't include Josh Prudden or Jack Murphy and the less than half a game from gun Jason Cole.

Any news from Castlemaine practice match tonight ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 15
4 5
North Bendigo winning. Told north missing four walk up starters not sure who Castlemaine were missing.
North Bendigo winning reserves by 12 goals also.
Cheers mate, appreciate it. Obviously not knowing ins and outs but Castlemaine recruited and even though a inferior league and North Bendigo a very strong outfit its looking like another long year for the boys from Camp Reserve.

Yet another woeful start to the season by the Flat, no side named in the paper, virtually every number in the guide wrong making it impossible to identify new players, shocking skills displayed against Gisborne who absolutely flogged the Roos.I think another s**t year ahead.

Yet another woeful start to the season by the Flat, no side named in the paper, virtually every number in the guide wrong making it impossible to identify new players, shocking skills displayed against Gisborne who absolutely flogged the Roos.I think another s**t year ahead.

What do they do to dig themselves out of the rut they are in?

What do they do to dig themselves out of the rut they are in?

I know it is easy to be an armchair critic but is there any future in the BFNL for Kangaroo Flat, Castlemaine & Maryborough?
Their woes just continue season after season after season. Supporters will be limited to the families of players by round three. Surely these clubs and the league itself cannot keep going as is. I have raised numerous times in the past that the BFNL Administration should be at least discussing these issues.

The time is right for a complete shake up of this league. Every year is a carbon copy of the year before.

I know it is easy to be an armchair critic but is there any future in the BFNL for Kangaroo Flat, Castlemaine & Maryborough?
Their woes just continue season after season after season. Supporters will be limited to the families of players by round three. Surely these clubs and the league itself cannot keep going as is. I have raised numerous times in the past that the BFNL Administration should be at least discussing these issues.

The time is right for a complete shake up of this league. Every year is a carbon copy of the year before.

What do they do?

What do they do?

Face the issue for a start. Never hear a word about it from the administration.

Perhaps a merger of the strong BFNL clubs in and those in say the Ballarat or Goulburn Valley leagues.
Perhaps Maryborough & Castlemaine merge.
Perhaps a two divisional league involving the Heathcote & Loddon Valley leagues.
Perhaps ?????????

But talk about it for a start. Accept it is unsatisfactory. Look for options. Look for solutions. Don't go on with this complete crap about how the league is in a healthy state.

Face the issue for a start. Never hear a word about it from the administration.
But talk about it for a start. Accept it is unsatisfactory. Look for options. Look for solutions. Don't go on with this complete crap about how the league is in a healthy state.

Totally Agree AlburyE - Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

And TOTS you don't need to be Einstein to deduce the BFNL needs a change in thinking and planning for a start.

The revue happening in regards to Under 18's is critical to all clubs success in the future based on junior development leading to senior players. Castlemaine and Maryborough have league and location issues in regards to junior sport and need to have juniors coming through. The league can be defined into the have and have nots based on Strath having too many juniors and a strong club with senior success and now a Maryborough without an Under 18s and lacking success.

With the points system and salary cap in place how do you recruit enough good players and have limited points in which to do so. It ONLY comes from juniors. If I was any club in the BFL I would have a fair few people involved at both junior and senior level to make the club one and try and get the players coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back