Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. Drink driving when he was 18 or 19 just after his first season of footy which he's shaped up from. Do you think Charlie Curnow will be in any way impacted by his drink driving before the draft?

2. Guess what, clubs make PR decisions all the time. The Carlton member was the real lunatic there.

3. He was elbowed in the jaw when he wasn't looking. Sure he went down easy - after the siren was gone so in no way drawing a free kick. Then proceeded to be the best player on the ground in the 2nd half and won a game interstate. Rebounding from adversity instead of going in to his shell - that's leadership and maturity.

So Oliver has a bit of personality and isn't quite to the same level of the 4 in this thread when it comes to being straight down the line footballers. I won't argue that. But you're having a laugh if you think it will in any way impact his career.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/cl...er-melbourne-captain-garry-lyon-ng-b88518083z

Your former captain disagrees:

Clayton Oliver should be fined for diving, says former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon

Clayton Oliver’s alleged dive against West Coast at the weekend has attracted criticism from all corners, and now a Melbourne legend has surprisingly joined the chorus.

Speaking on SEN this morning Garry Lyon, a former Demons captain, said the young midfielder deserved to be fined by the AFL for hitting the deck after contact from Eagles defender Will Schofield.

Oliver, 19, appeared to be clipped on the chin by Schofield’s elbow as the defender went to hit him in the shoulder.

He told The West Australian he fell over out of shock at what he called “a cheap shot”.

Lyon disagreed with Oliver’s insistance that he didn’t take a dive, and said the AFL should hit the teenager with a massive fine to discourage the practice.

“I didn't like the dive,” he said.

Can the OP take Merrett's name out of the thread title? I think it is time
What a bizarre request for someone who was All Australian last season.

Yeah I'd still take him in a heartbeat at the Blues, don't get me wrong. Just explaining why the other 4 are better prospects at this stage. When everyone is so good, these weaknesses can be the difference in projections.
Weaknesses like being a deplorable kick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems a very big claim.

I could think of a few players I would prefer to kick the ball if the outcome was vital.

Jimmy Bartel said it last year.

Small sample size - he has only had 23 kicks this year :eek:
Small sample size huh? What about every possession he got in the last two years?
He's had a slow start, this year - that's for sure.

I rate him very highly but body of work has Oliver miles ahead. I will be fair and say Curnow is probably the only player in that draft that could catch Oliver, but I doubt it.
I don't think anyone would say Curnow has been better to date. But as prospects it's very close. Who would you prefer objectively?

IGNORE: this is derailing too far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back