Preview Round 5 2018: Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call. Which tall though? I wasn't impressed with McCartin or Cameron that much in the NEAFL. But it feels inevitable that we're going to have to throw one of them off the deep end and into senior footy eventually. We have two months without Reid.
I didn't see the game but I think Cameron must be getting close. He was serviceable in the JLT and by all reports he played alright. Also no disrespect to Aliir but he only needs to be a better forward option than Aliir was and then it's an improvement.

I didn't see the game but I think Cameron must be getting close. He was serviceable in the JLT and by all reports he played alright. Also no disrespect to Aliir but he only needs to be a better forward option than Aliir was and then it's an improvement.

Agree on all fronts. Anyone would be better than Aliir up forward. Cameron strikes me as the type that might not look great, but if given the chance at senior level would make the most of it. A bit like Aliir himself - wasn't overly outstanding in the NEAFL, but when given the chance at senior level in his debut year he took it with both hands. I'd like Cameron to get that chance. If not now, then when?

Hayward played a better game than florent against GWS than florent has played this year

Hayward imo is far more damaging

Different players with different strengths. They're both where you'd want them to be at this stage of their careers, maybe even a bit ahead.

Seeing Rohan in special care today. ... He'll be hard pressed to train this week
I cannot see Rohan training for weeks.

Hayward no doubt ahead for a 2nd rounder
I don’t think it matters what round you’re drafted in. My opinion is that Florent has been more ‘consistent’ and is improving rapidly but he’s not exactly setting the world on fire either. Hayward is more damaging and really only needs 3 kicks per game to have a match defining effect (he too isn’t exactly setting the world on fire either). I reckon we’re comparing apples with oranges with those two kids but gee they’re gonna be good!

I can’t have them on par as Hayward was outstanding in his first year while Ollie didn’t really step up last year

Didn't get as much opportunity, plus Florent played most of his games last year during 0-6 which was just... not ideal for a kid. As of right now they're both doing a great job and could be stars for us in the future.

I have them on par.

I'm a fan of Florent, but I think you're overrating him, Hayward has kicked 27 goals from his 21 games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a fan of Florent, but I think you're overrating him, Hayward has kicked 27 goals from his 21 games...

Playing as a forward?

Not over-rating Florent at all. I think it's harder for a player of his role to impact games. Hayward could be MIA for an entire game and still make quite an impact (his two goals in round 1, his 3 goals from 3 kicks last year in rd23) because he's closer to goals. Florent's spent more time on the ball so his worth is measured in things like pressure acts, tackles, possessions, use of the ball etc. And I think he's been perfectly fine in those areas. Just as Hayward's been perfectly fine in things you'd want of a kind of small forward/roaming around the arcs type of player.

Playing as a forward?

Not over-rating Florent at all. I think it's harder for a player of his role to impact games. Hayward could be MIA for an entire game and still make quite an impact (his two goals in round 1, his 3 goals from 3 kicks last year in rd23) because he's closer to goals. Florent's spent more time on the ball so his worth is measured in things like pressure acts, tackles, possessions, use of the ball etc. And I think he's been perfectly fine in those areas. Just as Hayward's been perfectly fine in things you'd want of a kind of small forward/roaming around the arcs type of player.
Played HF also last year in his limited time in the 1s just couldn’t make the impact that Hayward

Brilliant preview Kirksy :clapping:

I will be on the high seas for this game (only my second home game missed in 17 years) so when we get into Cairns (I refuse to pay for internet at sea) on Saturday morning, I'm hoping that we would have had a stunning victory, but I think the Crows will be this week's big media focus so I expect them to be pretty fired up so it could be a bit of a struggle.
Swans by 15

I just got back from an unfortunately timed cruise to celebrate a birthday that had me miss both Port and GWS games. There was a Port fan working in one bar so it was on there. They had few sports channels on the TV that had some live games on one channel. They also had another channel where they played some kids and some 'special events' (which was where the Port game was also being broadcast. Unfortunately very pixelated due to satellite so watched the GWS game on an IPad thru Foxtell app. I suggest turning the internet on for a day and then turning it off again.

It's not about taking his mind off things.
He needs to be there for his wife.
Isn’t it? I partly agree but she needs to be there for him too. That can mean that he has time to himself or with his mates/workmates. Any partner worth their weight in gold would understand that!

Isn’t it? I partly agree but she needs to be there for him too. That can mean that he has time to himself or with his mates/workmates. Any partner worth their weight in gold would understand that!

I assume he would need more than a few days to spend time with family.

I don't think the club would just give him the weekend off and then expect him back at training Monday to prepare for a Friday game.

I assume he would need more than a few days to spend time with family.

I don't think the club would just give him the weekend off and then expect him back at training Monday to prepare for a Friday game.
Who’s to say it’s the clubs decision? He’s entitled to parental and personal/bereavement leave but it doesn’t mean ‘must’ take it. People grieve and or celebrate birth in very different ways...surely you know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back