Preview Sydney Swans vs Adelaide Crows (it's English for Corvuses)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another couple of stats from that app.

Swans have conceded a goal from just 18.7% of opponent inside 50s - ranked 1st.

Since Round 17, we have scored a goal from 28.9% inside 50s - ranked 1st

In the last four rounds the Swans rank 17th for winning first possession at around the ground stoppages but rank 3rd for generating a clearance.
What did I do to you Masey?

damn amartey is a huge out

hope buller has a better game than his debut
I'm glad they've opted to leave Amartey out, his hamstring history just can't be trifled with. Better to have a 100% fit player out there for such an important game, even if it's only his second.

Would've been a tough call between Stephens and Roberts. I thought Roberts looked a bit more comfortable but Stephens was more involved. I think probably the right call to go with the one who got involved more. If it's a tight scrappy game where territory matters most, then what Stephens does with it probably doesn't matter as much as long as he works hard and tires to make things happen.
I think we want to play the game more on the outside and that suits Stephens more.

In the last four rounds the Swans rank 17th for winning first possession at around the ground stoppages but rank 3rd for generating a clearance.
I’d like the stat on goals conceded from opponent inside 50s in the first 45 seconds of the match.

We’d be the runaway winners on that one.

Amartey huge out , barely seen it after a time the last few weeks

Goes completely missing imo
Has played 25 games. So basically 1 full season of football, the 'goes missing' is understandable when you take this in regard.

His issue is his ability to stay fit - and I have my concerns about that. But if he can stay fit then given what he's shown with only 1 season of games under his belt there's massive upside. Whether his body allows him to get there is something only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the interests of staying on this weeks game and my sanity, I'll ignore "Judas" and "betrayal" references from now on. Unless someone's going to keep arguing the point, then the mods will have to tell me to shut up (by rights any of the above claims would be off topic too).
I'm glad you mentioned the "Judas" nickname... I personally don't like it. I think I mostly agree with you too. He's entitled to make the best decision for himself & his family. I don't hold him in as much a "villan" position as some on here...

BUT

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on here. If you disagree & think he wronged us then that's not a problem. Go for it! A nickname is sticks & stones type stuff & to this point has seemed fairly harmless; occassionally it seems it's been used in jest or as a way of "having something" to oppose against.

Any aggressive attacks toward him, or vulgar/defamatory posts will be removed in line with board rules. If you bait, initiate, inflame or run threads off topic arguing the point then you might be warned &/or infracted.

Everyone should be mindful that no matter our differences of opinion on the matter the mutual respect we show each other should still be at the forefront of our minds & I'd hope our attitude, replies & posts reflect that.

Thanks all!

X mod team X

Has played 25 games. So basically 1 full season of football, the 'goes missing' is understandable when you take this in regard.

His issue is his ability to stay fit - and I have my concerns about that. But if he can stay fit then given what he's shown with only 1 season of games under his belt there's massive upside. Whether his body allows him to get there is something only time will tell.
This post could easily have been copied directly from the Sam Reid thread circa 2014.

Last edited:

Rope a dope

Efficient, direct, turnover footy

Knowing how to move the ball when we have it

Gee whiz it’s going to be a ding dong battle on Saturday night!! Really looking forward to the game, looking at it from a balanced view, it will take a lot to win.

Back the lads to really put in a shift, we seem to play better away from home but cannot wait to see how we match up and perform!!

Great ins

Another game I won’t be able to watch as it clashes with the Matildas game and associated activities just like last weekend. I thought I’d watch the Gold Coast replay, but I can never be bothered when I know the score. Very annoying. The only two games I’ve missed all season and at such a critical juncture. Good luck to the boys anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back