Preview Sydney Swans vs Adelaide Crows (it's English for Corvuses)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Adelaide win this, they are IN the finals, as they have the Witches Hats next week.
Not necessarily. They would still rely on other results. If I’ve got it right, they’d need us to lose to Melbourne, and two of Essendon/Geelong/Bulldogs/GWS to lose at least once. They may squeak in but everyone (including most ladder predictors) seems unreasonably confident about their chances.

God no. I would never have set up so defensively in the semi. Reminded me of Ross Lyon at his negative worst.

Must say it didnt help that we got the matt stevic of officials. Had England picked up the yellow cards they deserved in the first half we might have been more willing to go forwards.

Anyway I will watch the swans - play offs for 3-4 can be a lot more open and free flowing but they also feel a bit forced.

Must say it didnt help that we got the matt stevic of officials. Had England picked up the yellow cards they deserved in the first half we might have been more willing to go forwards.

Anyway I will watch the swans - play offs for 3-4 can be a lot more open and free flowing but they also feel a bit forced.

The lack of pressure on the ball did my head in. We were so deep and conservative in the first half. The ref didn’t help, but it was pretty bad coaching and really disappointing tactics.

And yeah, the 3rd place play off isn’t terribly exciting, but I’ll be expected to go out and watch it in a pub somewhere. I’d probably rather watch the Swans, but communal football (soccer) experiences are usually fun after a few drinks, so whatever. I’ll have to settle for checking the score updates again.

Last edited:

Personally I'd keep in Francis over 2023 Rampe when we are looking at Tex and Thilthorpe as potential match ups.

So then it's between Fox and Rampe for third tall....and I give it to Fox slightly on the speed factor. Though Rampe is so cool, calm and collected to, so it's very close.

Think Roberts would be the best as the sub though
Wouldn't mind Francis who can play forward or back.
We have a lot of options in the team to play small positions all over the park if a small goes out. If we lost McCartin or Rampe - we are basically stuffed.
Hickey going down will mean the only big forward is McDonald and second gamer Buller.

Though of the smalls - I think Roberts will be the go. Clarke needs a full game somewhere for sure.

Yeah the 3rd place play off isn’t terribly exciting, but I’ll be expected to go out and watch it in a pub somewhere. I’d probably rather watch the Swans, but communal football (soccer) experiences are usually fun after a few drinks, so whatever. I’ll have to settle for checking the score updates again.
Football is on at 6pm?

Swans at 7.40pm.

EST.

Not necessarily. They would still rely on other results. If I’ve got it right, they’d need us to lose to Melbourne, and two of Essendon/Geelong/Bulldogs/GWS to lose at least once. They may squeak in but everyone (including most ladder predictors) seems unreasonably confident about their chances.
If they beat us, I think they make it. Plenty of likely results help them. Even if we beat the Dees.

Essendon lose to Giants (in Syd) and Pies
Saints lose to Cats and Lions (in Bris)
Dogs lose to Cats (in Geelong)
Giants lose to Blues (in Melb)

They will absolutely be going all out to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne Russell, Kelli Underwood, Gerard Healy, Mark Ricciuto and David Zita

200.gif

Another game I won’t be able to watch as it clashes with the Matildas game and associated activities just like last weekend. I thought I’d watch the Gold Coast replay, but I can never be bothered when I know the score. Very annoying. The only two games I’ve missed all season and at such a critical juncture. Good luck to the boys anyway.
I thought the Matildas got knocked out?

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you lose in the semi final, you have to play the third place playoff. Matildas are up against Sweden on Saturday. It's usually a game no one cares about, but I guess 3rd sounds better than 4th so I hope they finish on a high.
2002 mens was a pretty big deal.

Pity about the opening goal.

Guess I'll be watching the game on mute then. Can someone let me know if they mention Hayden McLean's extension, please and thanks

Dwayne Russell, Kelli Underwood, Gerard Healy, Mark Ricciuto and David Zita

200.gif
Thankfully I'll just have 40 odd thousand Crows fans to tell me how the game is going or whether every tackle on a Swans player is "baaaallllll". And I don't have to put up with Ricciuto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back