Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing i have noticed is the withdrawal symptoms i have had since reducing my caffeine intake.

I have had lingering headaches and fog for days, and then i had my sugarfree Mother 500ml and it magically went away.

This is something i need to gradually remove as well.

Well at night i normally have chicken rice salad or beef stirfry noodles or chicken korma with sweet potatoes....couple hours later i crave chips and chocalate or i have a couple of those frozen zoopers

This is mostly a general rant about good and bad foods/drinks and smoking, but it's specific to several of the things you've mentioned.

Rice and noodles are just not necessary at all. They're for poor starving people in 3rd world counties. We just use them to pad out our meals which we don't need to do. Just chicken salad or stir-fry vegetables with beef are perfectly sufficient. Right there you're cutting out an enormous amount of carbs that you just don't need in the evening. Carbs are for energy that you only need early in the day. They're useless at night. Get away from potatoes and bread as well. It's amazing how these 4 things are staples of our diets when we don't need them at all and they're actually quite detrimental to our health.

I just don't buy stuff like chips and chocolate anymore. If they're there then you'll eat them. If they're not there then you have to find something else or just not snack which you get used to.

Fatty, salty, sugary foods are chemically addictive which is why something like Maccas thrives and creates addicts for life. Once you actually get away from that s**t you'll be sick at the thought of going back and your body will react that way if you do ever try that s**t again. It doesn't feel good at first to cut that stuff out of your diet but it's amazing how quickly you'll get over it and how much better you'll start to feel once you're eating real, healthy food.

Cut out crap like soft drinks. Coke is used to clean up blood and guts baked into the asphalt after car accidents, what do you think that s**t does to your insides? If one really likes their soft drink (I do, on occasion) then go with the diet options. Doesn't taste great at first but again it's something you get used to once you get over the sugar cravings.

Bacon and eggs. Pigs rectum and chicken abortions. More s**t seemingly everyone thinks is just the most amazing breakfast ever but is unbelievably bad for you and will eventually give you a heart attack at 45 from completely clogged arteries. Just ask Kevin Smith.

Beer. Look at the back of any standard beer bottle and see how many carbs are in each bottle. 3-4 beers is the equivalent of a heavy carb meal. There's a reason we refer to a beer gut as exactly that. Even 2 sessions of 3 or more beers a week will leave you bloated and give you a gut. Switch to Pure Blonde or go one of those low carb, low sugar ciders. If you like spirits then have them with diet coke or diet ginger ale, delicious and devoid of carbs.

Smoking. For the love of god quit while you're young. Get on patches for 6-8 weeks. Get the hell away from anyone that smokes during that time and just keep yourself busy. I smoked for 10 years and quit in mid 2015 and have never looked back. First few days are the hardest. Once you make it a week you won't look back. After a month cut your patches in half and continue for a couple of weeks and then just stop. Smoking rules your life and every single thing in your daily routine is structured around when and where you can smoke. It completely and utterly rules your life and it f'ing sucks. There's every reason in the world to quit and only very temporary and short-sighted reasons to continue. Short term pain, LOOOOONG term gain. Sure you don't feel like death when you're smoking in your 20s and even into your 30s but have you ever known a smoker personally and seen what they go through for the last 10 or so years of their life? It's truly horrific and they suffer greatly for it.

People die early and suffer horrific illnesses mostly because of a poor diet throughout their life. Even if you're one of those "lol I don't want to live past 70 anyway hurr durr" morons, isn't a good quality of life while you are still alive important? Isn't being out of breath all the time, finding it hard to even sit up, bend down, lift things etc... something that's worth improving and not having to put up with to such a large extent every minute of your waking life? I think so. Genetics certainly come into it and some people will have to work so much harder than others, it sucks but that's what you're stuck with.

Physical health is very closely connected with you're mental health as well which is important to remember.

Last edited:
Bacon and eggs. Pigs rectum and chicken abortions. More s**t seemingly everyone thinks is just the most amazing breakfast ever but is unbelievably bad for you and will eventually give you a heart attack at 45 from completely clogged arteries. Just ask Kevin Smith.
Got to here pretty much thinking you were spot on but clogged arteries from bacon and eggs is just false. Eggs are the most nutritionally dense food in existence. A breakfast of bacon and eggs is actually an unbelievably good and filling way to start the day.

Got to here pretty much thinking you were spot on but clogged arteries from bacon and eggs is just false. Eggs are the most nutritionally dense food in existence. A breakfast of bacon and eggs is actually an unbelievably good and filling way to start the day.
Agree, I liked everything in CaptainHowdy87 s post except that paragraph, I'm not a processed meat eater but love my eggs.

I’m not sure a sample size of 1 person is a good argument for a blanket statement like that either lol.
Particularly someone with a family history of heart problems, smokes and fell into the obese BMI range.

+1 with everything you were saying before this was spot on.
The link between saturated fats and clogged arteries/heart disease is also being disproven more and more every year.

stopped readìng after this vegan bullshit

Can someone explain to me how the body is able recognise what time of day carbs are consumed?

Eating carbs in the morning, day or night - the timing won’t make you fat the quantity will.

stopped readìng after this vegan bullshit

:straining: I'm not a vegan actually. I guess I can see how people wouldn't see the humor and hyperbole in parts of my post. I was just trying to funny there. That line was actually taken from this vegan * from an episode of Penn and Teller I saw a few years ago and that line always cracked me up. I should've saved it to use in a more ironic way though :D

I do actually eat eggs on occasion but combined with other good foods. People that have rashes of bacon and 4 eggs fried in the fat of that every morning for breakfast is certainly not healthy though. There's just so many more healthy things people can and should be eating for breakfast that actually give you energy for the day. These fatty "hearty" breakfasts are s**t and take an enormous amount of energy to digest. Doing a Sunday hangover bacon and eggs once in a while is alright though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:straining: I'm not a vegan actually. I guess I can see how people wouldn't see the humor and hyperbole in parts of my post. I was just trying to funny there. That line was actually taken from this vegan ****** from an episode of Penn and Teller I saw a few years ago and that line always cracked me up. I should've saved it to use in a more ironic way though :D

I do actually eat eggs on occasion but combined with other good foods. People that have rashes of bacon and 4 eggs fried in the fat of that every morning for breakfast is certainly not healthy though. There's just so many more healthy things people can and should be eating for breakfast that actually give you energy for the day. These fatty "hearty" breakfasts are s**t and take an enormous amount of energy to digest. Doing a Sunday hangover bacon and eggs once in a while is alright though.
Factually very incorrect, I eat 150 grams of fat daily (75% calorie intake) which is usually at least half saturated fat. Good quality sources of fat from pasture fed animals, eggs, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, avocados and nuts are all high quality, filling options to go with your protein and vegetables. Fat transports nutrients in your body and does not induce an insulin response.

I don't care if people aren't on keto or lchf, however I am sick of seeing people spread false truths about dietary fats and cholesterol. It really grinds my gears and is an antiquated way of thinking left over from dodgy science in America in the 1960's and 70's.

High carb cereals and bread for breakfast are actually harder for your body to deal with due to the amount of damage they do to blood sugar levels and the secretion of the fat storing hormone insulin.

mmm bacon and eggs...my old keto staple.

Unbelievable combination

The only real benefit to eating bacon and eggs. Keto wasn't for me. I felt sick constantly while I was doing it. Lower energy levels than ever before, moodier and more depressed than before and hadn't shed a pound in 8 weeks so I gave it up (Yes I was doing it right and "checking my electrolytes" :rolleyes:). Nothing but meat and fat is not good for you long term and a hell of a lot to put your liver through. Good on those it works for. Those that swear by it say "it's not for everyone". Maybe so. I don't know. I always heard very mixed opinions on it. No doctor ever recommends people do it.

Going vegetarian seems to have been working pretty well for me. I had a blood test just 6 months into going vegetarian and my doctor said I was in much better health than I was previously. It's been 2 years now. I kind of missed meat at first but after a while you discover so many more foods when meat is no longer the staple of your diet. It just sucks that when I'm out and about there's so few vegetarian options around where I live. On the city there's so many options. Even in super markets the variety is limited. I was shocked when I went to a Coles in Brunswick at the variety of vegetarian options there were. Even vegetarians need their lazy/easy options when we can't be bothered spending time making a meal.

Last edited:
I eat 150 grams of fat daily (75% calorie intake) which is usually at least half saturated fat. Good quality sources of fat from pasture fed animals, eggs, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, avocados and nuts are all high quality, filling options to go with your protein and vegetables. Fat transports nutrients in your body and does not induce an insulin response.

I don't care if people aren't on keto or lchf, however I am sick of seeing people spread false truths about dietary fats and cholesterol. It really grinds my gears and is an antiquated way of thinking left over from dodgy science in America in the 1960's and 70's.

High carb cereals and bread for breakfast are actually harder for your body to deal with due to the amount of damage they do to blood sugar levels and the secretion of the fat storing hormone insulin.

Good for you if a low carb, high fat diet is working for you mate. Apparently it's a good weight loss regime for a lot of people. It's definitely harder for some people to lose weight and keep it off than it is for other people so I see why people go with diets like this. Results vary from person to person so you gotta find what works for you.

Factually very incorrect

There's so many healthy things that you can and should be eating for breakfast that are healthier and more beneficial than bacon and eggs. I get that it works for a keto diet though.

Last edited:
The only real benefit to eating bacon and eggs. Keto wasn't for me. I felt sick constantly while I was doing it. Lower energy levels than ever before, moodier and more depressed than before and hadn't shed a pound in 8 weeks so I gave it up (Yes I was doing it right and "checking my electrolytes" :rolleyes:). Nothing but meat and fat is not good for you long term and a hell of a lot to put your liver through. Good on those it works for. Those that swear by it say "it's not for everyone". Maybe so. I don't know. I always heard very mixed opinions on it. No doctor ever recommends people do it.

Going vegetarian seems to have been working pretty well for me. I had a blood test just 6 months into going vegetarian and my doctor said I was in much better health than I was previously. It's been 2 years now. I kind of missed meat at first but after a while you discover so many more foods when meat is no longer the staple of your diet. It just sucks that when I'm out and about there's so few vegetarian options around where I live. On the city there's so many options. Even in super markets the variety is limited. I was shocked when I went to a Coles in Brunswick at the variety of vegetarian options there were. Even vegetarians need their lazy/easy options when we can't be bothered spending time making a meal.
Nothing but meat and fat? What type of diet are you referring to? Obviously not keto.

I don't think it is fair to lump bacon and eggs together. Personally bacon should be an occasional item, eggs you can eat daily within reasonable quantities.

I don't think it is fair to lump bacon and eggs together. Personally bacon should be an occasional item, eggs you can eat daily within reasonable quantities.
I've been looking for easy post morning gym meals that I can eat when I get home. Is eating 3 scrambled eggs 5 mornings a week okay or is that too much?

I've been looking for easy post morning gym meals that I can eat when I get home. Is eating 3 scrambled eggs 5 mornings a week okay or is that too much?

Some government authority came out during the week and said upto 12 eggs a week is fine.....I don’t see any issues with 15 total a week. You could be eating a lot worse things.

Speaking of eggs.
My aunt on Saturday whilst handing out the chocolate mousse she made.
“It’s great that this has no calories because it only uses egg whites”
Almost threw the bloody mousse back at her.

Speaking of eggs.
My aunt on Saturday whilst handing out the chocolate mousse she made.
“It’s great that this has no calories because it only uses egg whites”
Almost threw the bloody mousse back at her.

Aeglos bees like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back